Rider Registration & FAQ

• And this is effectively killing competing with small number of riders, how wonderful... It's already long grind to get pts/shows for horses when there is only two shows per discipline available each month and now there's really no point doing it at all when you have more than two horses for each rider you have...
    Not to mention, if you have no interest in rider registration and some lovely soul decides to steal (aka register) rider's name(s) you've had for years... That sounds pretty much game over for one's riders.
    Why not rider IDs? The reasonable 2 horses/level, if you don't use ID when entering / can enter only 2 horses with rider ID ?
    The way it's going to be now is pretty much saying that, if you don't wanna do it this way, then forget doing it at all. I have no interest to go on and have one rider for each horse I own as this system is pushing you to, that's not how (relatively) small stables work nor even big ones for that matter.

Nikki: Riders can only offer up to +5 bonus per horse, which is less than the bonus you get by breeding two horses with International titles. I assure you, you will not be at an extreme disadvantage in shows if you choose not to use registered riders. I can't speak for someone "stealing" rider names, but I have faith that most people in our community have more decency than to do something like that. However, if this is something that concerns you, I encourage you to spend a few minutes finding a photo of your sim and registering them so you don't have to worry about it.
    Rider IDs are something we considered but ultimately decided against it as it would require members to submit another entry at shows, and we prefered to save everyone some time by skipping them. Furthermore, I am not sure rider IDs would have prevented the issues that are upsetting you, as the rider per show limit was implemented to ensure balance between smaller stables and larger ones and the rate at which their riders could earn experience.
    I am sorry you feel that the addition of riders have made such an impact on your game. We were not attempting to limit or control the way you create your story, merely add another dynamic to your gameplay. I hope you can find a way to set up your riders to continue to play. :slight_smile:

• I want to say thank you for launching this! I love that riders can have an effect on our horses and that the more experienced a rider is, the easier time they can have with a "green" horse, essentially. I also love that it gives our riders more of a purpose and prestige of their own. :dancer:
    I know the system is brand new, but after it's had some time to settle, do you think it would be possible to review the 2 horses per rider per show limit? I understand having a limit, but maybe something like 4 would be more realistic? I mean this in the sense that, in real life, most professional riders have a team of horses and enter multiple horses in the same show, typically in different levels, but sometimes even in the same level (ie some show jumping events). Or jockeys will ride in several different races in one day, etc. Most professional riders don't compete in multiple disciplines either, so for those who want to be realistic with our riders, that might mean you have to have 25 riders per discipline, which would very quickly add up! I'm a bit sad that some of my riders, with their 3-6 horse teams, will have to choose between entering all of their horses in one show or give up some of their horses to other riders - I got pretty attached to their pixel bonds!
    Again, thank you for launching this, and I'm excited to see more of riders and their stories! :heart:

Nikki: Hey Erin, thank you for your feedback. The 2 horses per rider per show limit is unlikely to be lifted, unfortunately- if we thought there was a better way to balance the system with more riders allowed we would have found a way to implement it, however this number was not chosen arbitrarily. The issue is that each rider earns points for each entry in each show they enter. Therefore, we had to find a way to ensure that larger stables that could enter a rider the maximum amount of times per show per discipline would not have an extreme advantage over smaller stables.
    Please keep a few things in mind:
    -You can use the same 25 riders for each discipline you participate in. Your registered riders can be entered in every discipline and earn experience in every discipline. There is no limit to the amount of disciplines that a rider can be earning experience in, so you technically only need a total of 25 registered riders to enter the maximum amount of horses in every show.
    -You do not need to register riders, period. You can register your main riders that you prefer to roleplay with and have them earn experience and bonuses, and use randomized filler names for the rest of your entries. You still can only enter a rider 2x per show, however it will be easier to fill in those gaps if you only register a select few riders.

I am sympathetic to wanting to be realistic with your story and riders, and I understand that this change can create some challenges with re-arranging horses, riders and disciplines to make it work and suit your needs, however I hope the rewards and dynamics this new system brings to Equus is worth the annoyance. :slight_smile:

• Competition Committee

The reason for the 2 horses per show is that allowing more riders would give a huge advantage for those with a lot of horses compared to the ones with just a few. And we don't want some members to have more advantage than anyone else. At least this is the answer that has been given out on slack when it comes to the rider rule :slight_smile:

• a huge thank you to all the staff that made this happen :sparkling_heart: :sparkles: i've always felt that the system ran in favor of more and more horses, because there's effectively nothing stopping you from entering the max in a show. it's so lovely seeing the community focus on their staff, riders, the people behind the ponies, and a bit more roleplay now--even when the whole thing is entirely optional and all we really need for them is a name and a profile picture. this is a lovely step in a more realistic/roleplay-oriented direction, i think, instead of solely focusing on numbers and pedigrees. thank you :heartpulse:

• PR Committee

I'm so happy and excited for this new option that our rider sims can actually be useful in some way; a big thank you to the staff who worked hard on making this happen and answering all our questions too :sparkling_heart: I love that having riders registered is optional and personally, I only have a small clutter of sims I actually care about and enjoy enough to actually register, but what would happen if I (accidentally) entered a sim riding more than two horses per show? Will just one of their entries be disqualified or all that sim's entries?

Nikki: Similar to when you make a mistake when entering horses (such as a name or ID error, or entering too many horses per show) the show sheets will flag the error and you will be able to post in the chatter thread with your mistake, and our lovely show hosts will sort it for you. :D

• Competition Committee

@Callixta-Rosella I'm fairly sure the sheets will scream at you if you do :wink:

• How many riders can be registered? I teamed up a pair of horses to each rider that works at my stable.

Nikki: You may register as many riders as you wish. :D

• My first registered "Alice Parker" should be Julie Holt, I messed up if someone can correct it please? Line 628!

Nikki: Fixed!

• Antonia Harvey is one of my riders, so member's name should be Jessi Dean :)

Elsie: Sorted :)

• Accidentally submitted a staff member twice! Please remove either entry of Allison Vaughn :D Thank you so much for all the work you do! <3

Nikki: Fixed! :D

• Accidentally put the wrong last name for one of my riders. Lila Tracey should have Erickson as her last name instead.

Nikki: Lila Tracey changed to Lila Erickson :D

• I accidentally made a mistake in my name :sweat_smile: Should be Gundrun Ward - line 916

• Made another mistake :face_palm: Please change rider name Valeriana Durand to Ophelia Clemont! Had the completely wrong thing written down on my info sheet :laughing:

• I submitted a rider twice as I couldn't get the image link to work the first time. Could you please delete the first Amanda Salisbury and keep the second? Thanks :)

Nikki: Sorted!

• Uhm I think I messed up lol. I totally forgot about this and that we uploaded pictures of our riders when we registered them, I'm working on fixing some minor details on them and taking new pics and that means that I've deleted some of the old pictures of them before I uplodaded their new ones to my imgur account >.< Do you guys want me to post the new links here for the ones I've deleted ?

• Administrators

Not necessary - we saw the pictures and know you made the riders :)

• Phu, thanks! ^^

• i made a Boo boo, when i was Putting in my New rider i put lexi house in for the name Again, when she was Registered awhile ago. and then because im Sleepy, i added n my New rider Again Correctly but its also declines because it used the Same photo as the Dud lexi House one. so sorry

Nikki: I don't see any errors under your name, can you be more specific about which riders you need fixed?

• I'm sorry if someone has asked it already and I've missed it, but how do I change a rider's name?

Nikki: To fix an error with a rider's name you can comment here and we will fix them when we can. :slight_smile:

• Sorry if this has been asked already but I'm not reading through 29 posts right now. My rider, Leanne Forbes, was denied bc the picture was already used. Its a couple sim picture, so it has two of my riders in it. Can this be addressed please if it has not already.

Nikki: Fixed- for future reference, if you need to use a photo twice in rider registration, please either upload the photo a second time so it has a unique url or specify which sim the photo is being used for alongside the photo url.

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.