Hunting Dawn Stables | Dawn Acres *Ladies & Dawn's I Have No Idea*

• alt text
    Around The Farm

It has been pretty busy around the stables lately with new arrivals, babies and new staff. I decided to take a break from all the paperwork and walked around the stables to capture pictures of everyday life here.

alt text
    Sovereign's Princess of Hearts, or just Princess, was relaxing in the shade after a short workout. Even though this girl is retired in Eventing, she is still full of energy and loves to show off her skills. We may eventually retrain her to a different discipline, but she is a great mount for our newer staff members so they can get comfortable with how the barn works.

alt text
    Delilah has been dying to get in the saddle of one of our newer racers, Dawn's Deeply Undervalued. Ever since this mare arrived, Delilah has been smitten with her, even though she has not rode our Flat Racers in a long time. She took Value around our small homemade track just to feel the power that the mare has. Value never seems to run out of energy and that makes her one of our top racers this year.

alt text
    As I was walking to see our newest rider after training, I saw one of our Eventing mares, DPPR Lantana looking very cute in her paddock. Lantana is the daughter of Princess of Hearts and has been excelling in the Eventing discipline and following the footsteps of her mother.

alt text
    Our newest rider, Liam Hayes, came to us from @Diana-Sæterbakken. He is just settling in right now, but we hope to have him compete in Western. To become accustomed to our stables, Liam has been riding around. Today he decided to take out one of our old mares, Hunting's Mystic Dream. He enjoys riding the older horses because they are so calm and it allows for a relaxing ride.

July Babies Grown Up

Our most recent foal crop in July are two year olds now. They all have names now and completed profile pictures. Now we just have to wait until they are old enough to compete!

alt text
    Hunting's Lady Charmer - Grullo AQH Stallion - Reining & WCH
    Charmer definitely fits his name. He is constantly trying to win over the affection of any mare that he sees, even though they're not interested. He also got the attitude of his mother and has his bad days. Although he may be grumpy some days, that doesn't stop him from being the show off of the group, especially when mares are around.

alt text
    Hunting's Jewels of Hope - Silver Buckskin Tovero APH Mare - Reining & WCH
    Jewel is a very sweet mare and adores anyone that is willing to give her attention. Her and Hunting's Mistaken Jester can always been seen together, grazing or grooming each other. Ever since they were babies, they have been inseparable. Jewel is an easy going mare and we are excited to start her training once she is old enough, we hope that her easy going nature continues in the show ring.

alt text
    Hunting's Mistaken Jester - Silver Black Sabino APH Mare - WCH & Cutting
    Jes is another laid back mare. She was very easy to handle as a foal and still is as a yearling. Jes and her best friend, Jewel, enjoy being drowned in attention and can always be seen near the fence whenever there's visitors. Jes has a great future ahead of her and we hope that she excels in her training and can fulfill the footsteps of her parents.

alt text
    Hunting's Unstable Jokester - Palomino Roan AQH Stallion - Reining & WCH
    Joke fits his name perfectly. He rarely takes anything seriously, whether it be training or interactions with other horses. He is very, very stubborn and has his days where he would rather run around than learn basic manners. We hope that he outgrows this somewhat as he ages since he is still young.

alt text
    Hunting's Heza Deadly Shadow - Bay Tobiano/Splash w/ Blanket Pintaloosa Stallion - Reining & Barrels & Poles
    Shadow is a very special horse to us. His parents were the first imported horses to Hunting Dawn Stables and they helped establish us. We have high expectations for this boy. Shadow got a great mixture of his parents' attitudes. He is very willing to learn and learns very quickly. He has been the easiest stallion to train from this group and we are glad that we finally paired these two together after years.

alt text
    Hunting's Gambler's Luck - Chestnut Splash APH Mare - WCH & Cutting
    Luck is a very laid back and sleepy mare. It takes a little bit of coaxing for her to get up and moving, which is an issue as her disciplines are fast paced. Hopefully once we start saddle training, she perks up a bit more. She seems to be bored learning basic manners and hopefully her sleepiness is just a phase.

alt text
    Hunting's Love Machine - Dunskin Roan Splash APH Stallion - WCH & Cutting
    Mac is a big ball of energy. He is constantly wanting to go and run around the pasture. His energy makes him a little hard to handle, but once he is trained, he may calm down. We hope that he keeps some of his energy as he grows since his disciplines are high energy.

alt text
    Hunting's Starry Haze - Dunalino Splash w/ Blanket Pintaloosa Mare - Reining & Cutting
    Star is another special mare among this group. She is the decesandent of our special stallion, NRR Shadows In The Mist. Her dam is his daughter. Star acts like she an actual star, always wanting to be the center of attention. She believes that everything is about her and loves to show off to everyone. Star has big shoes to fill and we hope that she is up to the challenge.

• alt text
    Twins & New Stud!

At Hunting Dawn Stables, we had a miracle happen, which hasn't occurred for many many years. Our mare, Hunting's Vixen, gave birth to twins! This was a huge surprise to us when we conducted the ultrasound. Luckily, both babies were born healthy without any complications. The pairing was for @Eric-Sobeck, who will receive the colt, while we are keeping the filly. The colt is a stunning Palomino Tovero and the filly is a Smoky Black Tovero.
    alt text
    alt text

alt text
    alt text
    alt text

Our next update is a new stud. He was bought from Eric Sobeck and we are excited to have him join our stables. RL Sailin' Bullet competes in Reining and WCH. He is an extremely boisterous stallion and enjoyed strutting around when he arrived. Our rider, Jennifer Smith, took him out for a short trial to understand how he moved and how well he listened to commands, which went smoothly.
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text

• Twinsies! :D

• @Eva-Evans I thought twins would be super cute since they never happen at my stables

• alt text
    Everyday Shots & Newish Face

Hunting Dawn Stables is home to many different types of breeds, with stocks being the main focus. Our variety of horses allows us to have something new everyday to see. We enjoy going to the pastures and looking at all the different breeds mixing together.

alt text
    Two of our mares enjoying the cool morning while waiting for feed. On the left, WPW Point And Hollow, a stunning Seal Bay Peruvian Paso mare that holds 28pts in English Pleasure. Next to her is EVEC Secret Keeper, a cute Bay Thoroughbred mare with 70pts in Flat Racing.

alt text
    WPW Paper Gods caught relaxing in his individual pasture. He is a Gray (Silver Black) Tobiano w/ Chubari Spots Georgian Grande Stallion with 33pts in Vaulting.

alt text
    This stallion hasn't been shown here before, but he isn't that new of a face to Hunting Dawn Stables anymore. Hunting's Valley Whisper is a Flaxen Chestnut Tobiano Chincoteague Pony stallion that has 63pts in Western Dressage. We originally added this boy so we have a stud for our Chincoteague Pony mare later on.
    alt text

alt text
    Delilah Woodson and Willow Woodson, the two sisters and owners of Hunting Dawn Stables, took out two of our horses for an afternoon ride. They decided to take out WPW Severiano, who is a Grullo Kiger Mustang stallion, and WPW Pristina, a Palomino Tobiano Chincoteague Pony mare. Both horses are laid back and patient while Delilah adjusts Severiano's saddle.

• alt text
    Simple Edit

I decided to start trying out editing again since it has been a few years from my last edited photos. I used to use a mouse for edits, but I received a drawing tablet a few months back and used it maybe once so I dragged it out again to do an edit of Hunting's Heza Deadly Shadow, one of our foals from the recent crop. I only edited the mane, tail and reins as I don't know much about extensive editing. I am quite happy with how this turned out and will hopefully do more edits in the future!

alt text

• alt text
    Western Arabians

When I first started my stables, I wasn't that interested in Arabians until after I bought my first two. I was hooked after that. I am more interested in the Crabbet strain since the huge dish wasn't that appealing to me, which lead to me owning some Endurance Crabbets. Today, I decided to add some Arabians to my western stables, one stud and two mares. I try to introduce new breeds to the western disciplines, such as, Thoroughbreds or Arabians since they aren't seen as the typical western breeds.

alt text
    Hunting's Alastor - Bay Crabbet Arabian Stallion
    Alastor is the perfect stallion. Handsome, listens well, and enjoys to work. We got super lucky with this boy since a lot of our stallions are pains; hopefully he doesn't pick up on their behavior. Alastor is content with going on trail rides during the evening, but knows when it is time to work.

alt text
    Hunting's Moon Goddess - Black Crabbet Arabian Mare
    Moon is a very sweet mare, but can be quite stubborn. She loves to work, but if she decides that it's time for a break, she makes it difficult for her rider. Luckily, we have plenty of experienced riders for this stubborn mare. Hopefully her stubbornness doesn't get in the way during shows.

alt text
    Hunting's Kotys - Chestnut Crabbet Arabian Mare
    Kotys lives up to the standard sassy chestnut mare stereotype for sure. If the attention isn't on her, she will make sure it is. Kotys is always prancing around the pasture, trying to show off for anyone. She even strikes poses when we try taking photos of her. She will definitely be flashy in the show ring.

• They're beautiful :slight_smile: I like so much the coat of Kotys, she's a pretty lady!

• @Borja-Domecq thank you! ❤️

• alt text
    Ladies & Dawn's I Have No Idea

Our broodmares enjoy spending time in our smaller group pasture, munching on hay and grass. One of our riders managed to sneak this photo of them after they finished feeding all the horses. These mares have helped our stables grow and are loved greatly.

alt text

Our vet, Ava Rowland, was out checking up on all the horses to make sure that they are sound enough to continue with competitions. I Have No Idea was being her usual grumpy self.

alt text

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.