Hunting Dawn Stables | Dawn Acres *Peaceful Ride & Breeding*

• @Blake-Bellanaris thank you!

• so many stunners! Grand Legend is my fav :O

• @Jade-Nguyen Thank you! Legend was my secret santa gift from this year :)

• alt text
    Babies & New Stud

At Hunting Dawn Stables, we recently retired a bunch of our older horses as they reached their last titles or old age. As a result of this, we have bred 8 new foals to replace the oldies in competition. This is the largest foal crop we have had in a long time and we are very excited to have some new faces around. We also welcomed a new stud into our stables.

alt text
    alt text
    Foxen Nickles 'N Dimes is our newest AQH stud. He was created by @Emilia-Fox and we are ecstatic to have him. Hunting Dawn Stables has been wanting to get into AQHs again as majority of our breeds are APHs and Appaloosas now. Nick is a stunning boy and we are hoping he excels well in our care. I took him out for a test ride once he was settled.

alt text
    The foals were separated from their mothers for a short while to socialize with each other and run around. The whole group is full of energy and spunkiness, with some babies being more spunky than others. It has been awhile since there was this many foals and I was very excited to see babies around.

alt text
    Silver Buckskin Tovero Filly (CK Supernatural Gunner x RWH Chex Nu Jewel) and Silver Black Sabino Filly *(GR's Midnight Trickster x AAS In Bad Humor) were relaxing together under the shade of the trees. Both fillies are very laid back and a little shy, with the Buckskin being a little more curious. Both inherited the personalities of their mothers and we are excited to see them compete later on.

alt text
    This Dunalino Splash w/ Blanket Filly (GR's Lil Bomber Boy x RWH Stars In The Mist) is one of the more energetic girls, and we saw her galloping and bucking around the pasture enjoying herself. She is very important to us since she is out of Stars In The Mist, whom is the daughter of our founding stallion, NRR Shadows In The Mist.

alt text
    Bay Tobiano/Splash w/ Blanket (NRR Shadows In The Mist x NRR Drop Dead Gorgeous) colt and Dunskin Roan Splash (RVR Heza Lopin' Falcon x RL Lucky In Love) were caught cuddling together after chasing each other around the paddock. The Bay colt is very special as well since Shadows and Gorgeous were the first two horses that Hunting Dawn Stables bought at the beginning.

alt text
    Two of the babies were very interested in me when I first came up to the fence. Chestnut Splash filly (HMR Gambler's Winning Hand x Hunting's Dawning Hope) and Palomino Roan colt (GR's Deadly N Dangerous x RWH Puns For Kicks) are very curious about their surroundings and are always looking to get into trouble together.

alt text
    This Grullo colt (GR's Chic Chic Boom x CSR Pirates Buckin' Lass) is the shyest of all the foals. He is pretty content with staying by himself, but he loves to show off his looks. This boy is quite the stunning and we hope he excels in the show ring.

We are currently taking any name requests for these babies as we struggled to find any to fit the foals. Hunting Dawn Stables has also been moving worlds recently due to our last one being corrupted so be on the lookout for facility photos soon!

• alt text
    Old Faces

We've slowly been working on finishing profile pictures after we decided to start working on a new website again. Most of the horses that need new photos are retired, so we had to round them up from the pastures and give them a good cleaning for pictures. Many of these oldies have been with Hunting Dawn Stables for a few years or majority of their lives. Each one has a special place in our hearts and it will be hard when some of them pass away.

alt text
    Hunting's He'z Notcho Man - Bay Sabino APH Stallion

alt text
    EIS Hollywood Rain - Silver Dapple Black Splash APH Stallion

alt text
    RL Rebel Pride - Red Dun Tovero APH Stallion

alt text
    CENT Black Cadillac - Black AQH Stallion (One of the oldest horses at HDS, currently 23 yrs old!)

alt text
    EIS Majestic Storm Mist - Blue Roan AQH Stallion

alt text
    SIR Mobster Mayhem - Buckskin Splash AQH Mare

alt text
    RWH Star Spangled Wrangler - Chestnut Min. Tobiano APH Stallion

alt text
    Ace's Ima Splash N Teddy - Sorrel Sabino APH Stallion

alt text
    CK Gun Matrix - Classic Champagne AQH Stallion

alt text
    Hunting's Sacrifice The Bullet - Dark Bay Sabino Thoroughbred Mare

alt text
    RWH Dreams Never Die - Near Leopard Splash Pintaloosa Mare (More Pics: X X)

alt text
    NRR Shadows In The Mist - Black Few Spot Appaloosa Stallion

alt text
    RL Baby Blue - Blue Roan AQH Mare

alt text
    Hunting's Mystic Dream - Strawberry Roan AQH Mare

alt text
    FC Sacrifice The Virgin - Black Thoroughbred Mare

alt text
    NF Just Shameless - Chestnut Overo Splash APH Mare

alt text
    NRR Drop Dead Gorgeous - Chestnut Tobiano/Splash APH Mare

alt text
    Hera BM - Bay Thoroughbred Mare

• They are so adorable, they look like stuffed animals with such nice faces!

• Look at those sweet oldies! May they enjoy a nice and easy retirement in the pasture :smiley:

• @Borja-Domecq @Luna-Smit Thank you both! Our oldies are definitely a little on the chunkier side and are enjoying their retirement in the pastures :)

• alt text
    Studs Available!

We are currently offering a bunch of our western and racing studs to the public. Once the retired studs have no slots left, then they won't be offered to the public anymore so get them while you can! Can be found here.
    alt text

• alt text
    Peaceful Ride

Hunting Dawn Stables is always busy with training, new arrival, riders and everyday chores around the farm. Sometimes, I enjoy walking around the stables to see what the staff is up to and check up on the horses. As usual, I was on the western section of our stables since western has always been my favorite. I ran into one of our riders, Isabelle Chaudhary, riding on RVR Flame Fashion. It was towards the evening so Isabelle decided that a small ride around the stables would be a great way to end the night.

alt text

Breeding
    Our studs haven't always been the most popular around here, especially our western boys. Although a few of our studs are popular, we always enjoy seeing the offspring produced by our stallions. It gives us a lot of pride since we work hard to provide quality horses. We recently completed a breeding for @Yu-Mi-Shimizu by our stud, SIR Splash N Spin. As a result, a beautiful Grullo Roan Tovero (Tobiano/Splash) filly was born! This girl is stunning and it was hard to let this one go.

alt text

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.