Need help with SAVING markings!

• @Thea-Radmer I've got the saving part down but when I go to actually save it the DDS option doesn't appear. For some reason my PS isn't recognizing that I have the DDS plug-in installed (which I DO)

• And why is it, that it need to be that file?

• @Thea-Radmer DDS files are much lighter on your PC's VRAM ;)

@Chrissie-Souza have you actually installed it, or just coppied the file to a folder? It is not necessary to use .DDS files, .PNG works fine as well if you'd be OK with that. That's actually the only answer I can give you at this moment, I for myself wouldn't know what could cause it besides not being installed propperly. :)

• I had a similar problem: I have Windows 10 64-bit and according to that I installed the Windows 64-bit plugin version. It appeared to be installed correctly, but no matter what I just didn't get the "save as .dds" option in PS. After battling with it for a while I uninstalled the 64-bit plugin version and tried the 32-bit version instead. Worked like a charm! Could this help you, too? :slight_smile:

• @Thea-Radmer Im still new to all of the marking creation business but I think its so the other programs listed in Nikki's tutorial can turn the marking into a Sims3Pack or .Package for installation into the game.

• @Shea-Hamilton Yes I have installed it using the Installer provided. I can attempt to use png if that'll be an easier route. And thank you for the other info on DDS I didnt know that.

• @Alexander-Westerberg I've also got a 64-Bit windows 10 PC and I'm using the 32-bit installer like someone else suggested but for some reason my PS wont recognize it. My Photoshop is the C6 Extended Full version if that helps

• Well, i dont know then... Sorry

• @Thea-Radmer No worries dear I didnt either. Im still learning all of this too.

• Administrators

My computer struggled to install the DDS plugin because, like you, I was using a 64bit PC & 64bit photoshop but the 32bit installer.

The problem I encountered was that the installer assuming my photoshop was also 32bit, and trying to find it in 'Program Files (x86)' instead of 'Program Files'.

The solution for me was to change the file path in the installer so it was correctly finding my photoshop installation in 'Program Files' and installing the plugin there, which then worked.

Hope this helps!

• PR Committee

I also can't get the DDS plugin to work for my Photoshop. What I've been doing is adding an extra step by using Paint.NET to save the marking file as a DDS because that program can do it without a plugin.

• @Elsie-Spectre I'll give that a try! Thank you for the information :3

• @Andrea-Burdine I've got some other solutions to try but I'm definitely keeping yours in mind for the future. Thank you for the great info <3

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.