EYEC || 17/6/2019 || Kids and Their Ponies

• alt text

Welcome To English Yew Equine Centre
    --
    alt text alt text

Founded and owned by husbands, Marquis Moulin & Burton Foxford, English Yew is a family owned and run facility that has gone through various location changes throughout the years. Originally established in Ireland in 2017, English Yew has moved to Oxford, England and plans to stay there. English yew is a flourishing stables producing and training high quality sport horses from small hunters to top level eventers. Whilst English Yew strives to be a world-class equestrian facility, we also strive to maintain a friendly environment with a strong family feel amongst our staff and riders. (and our horses of course.)
    '
    English yew is run by a fairly small staff, offering boarding, lessons, clinics, sales, breeding, etc. Pretty much offering whatever it is that will help someone. Although the fancy and extensive property may be intimidating at first glance, English Yew is pretty much run by a bunch of dumb lads who are trying to make it in the equestrian world. The stables invites anyone with open arms and is very welcoming to visitors.

EYEC breeds KWPN and German Riding Ponies, we have a small show roster and that's how we like to keep it!

alt text alt text alt text
    Meet The Staff
    ---
    Burton Foxford Marquis Moulin Walt Eberheardt
    (photo coming soon) (photo coming soon) (photo comin soon)
    Owner, 32, Eventer Owner, 31, Show Jumper Rider, 29, Eventer
    (Bio coming soon) (Bio coming soon) (Bio coming soon)

Meet The Horses
    ---
    No matter how much credit you give the staff and facility, the true heart of a stable comes from the horses that make it worth while.
    ---
    Coming Soon!
    Column 1, Cell1 Column 2 Cell 1
    Column 1 Cell 2 Column 2 Cell 2
    Column 1 Cell3 Column 2 Cell 3

alt text
    Bird's eye view of the main property of English Yew
    alt text alt text alt text
    alt text alt text
    Thank You For Stopping By!
    Cheers!

alt text alt text

• okay, i'm obsessed with this! :heart_eyes:

• @Piper-Chance said in EYEC || The new blog || {A Better Introduction}:

okay, i'm obsessed with this! :heart_eyes:

why thank you very much, Piper :smiley:

• alt text
    13-01-2019

Your Usual Schooling
    ~
    alt text
    ~

Today both Walt and I were out in the ring and not murdering one another, which is unheard of. I was schooling one of our new arrivals, EYEC Edward Sharpe, aka Eddie, he’s a little roan warmblood show jumping gelding. He’s practically perfect. Walt rode another one of our new arrivals, EYEC Golden Slumbers, a little 13.2 hh german riding pony mare for a lesson he was doing with Burt.

~
    alt text alt text
    alt text
    ~

Walt had a lesson today with Burt on our new german riding pony mare, EYEC Golden Slumbers, AKA Slew. Walt’s been itching to get back into dressage and as I observed whilst out on Eddie, he’s still hella good at it. Mans got the strongest lower body it’s insane. For someone so scrawny you’d think there’s not much down there but you’d be wrong. Burt actually looked impressed with a lesson for once in his life. Walt just sorta clicks with every discipline huh... you’d be shocked to know a couple years back he was just learning how to canter. Slew was also amazing as well. I’d never seen her ridden yet, as she’s “supervised” by Burt. She’s like a grand prix dressage horse packed in one bite-sized buckskin. She’s a tad bit out of shape at the moment, says Burt, but she was fun to watch when I wasn’t focussed on my own doings. She has some attitude to her, but is generally well-behaved besides a few little snorts and bucks here. Walt couldn’t care less about it. Walt had absolutely no nerves when it comes to horseback riding. You could put the guy in front of a two metre jump on a 12 hh welsh and tell him to jump it and he’d go “okay!” And probably get a face full of poles then try again. And again. And again. Till you’d tell the poor fool to stop busting his teeth out.

Nonetheless, from what I saw the lesson want super well. I know Burty and Walt had a talk afterwards but I’ve yet to hear the scoop

~
    alt text alt text

Oh I didn't size these right... that's gonna bug me rip

~

I also rode one of our new arrivals today, EYEC Edward Sharpe. He’s a four year old gelding and he’s still struggling a bit with his jumping technique — but we’re working on it. Today we didn’t work on anything too special. I just did some flat work on him and popped him over a few meter-ish verticals. He was rather distracted and unmotivated today so it really wasn’t insanely eventful. He did get scared by one of our boarders’ truck driving in and had a very quick bolt that got Slew rilled up too. Y’know, usual baby stuff. He just wasn’t into it today, which is fine. Everyone has their off-days so no hard feelings. We did have a problem with unnecessary slowing before jumps. I believe it may be due to some confidence issues so we’l probably lower the jumps next ride and try to boost his confidence before working up. However, he never refuses which is a very nice trait to have! Even though it wasn’t a phenomenal ride, he still got a treat afterwards because it’s impossible be say no this him. Eddie’s got a dainty little pony face!

~

Quick update writing wise, but I'm trying to me more photos based this year so this is attempt one!
    Cheers!

• I adore your facilities!!! Also love how laid back the people are with things at you stable, EYEC Golden Slumbers has such a lovely coat and i love the name too <3

• @Kira-Kita said in EYEC || 13-01-19 || {Your Usual Schooling}:

I adore your facilities!!! Also love how laid back the people are with things at you stable, EYEC Golden Slumbers has such a lovely coat and i love the name too <3

Thank you so much for the kind words Kira!!

• alt text
    15-01-2019

New Stallion Spotlight
    ~
    alt text
    ~

In efforts to become more involved in Equus Community, I am happy to introduce EYEC Guiding Light, a 13.2 hh, cremello, german riding pony, dressage stallion! He will be active on this forum, which will be new to me. He'll be showing in Pony Dressage and Halter classes, and I would love to offer him for public stud once he progresses in his career. As a foundation horses, I reckon it'll be fairly difficult to start off, but we have hope to have a long line of successful dressage ponies one day. I suppose you can say this little stud will be "guiding" the family line. It'll probably be a slow start, but we'll get there! I am very hopeful for this guy.

~

alt text
    ~

Here's a rare photo of Walt with his hair down for once, showing off the stallion who we've been calling "Crow." He got that name because of Burt mispronouncing Chrome by calling him Crow instead. The name stuck. The name "Crow" fits in a weird and ironic way, but everyone at the stables likes it.

~

alt text
    alt text alt text
    ~

It's totally because of Burt's doing that we got a cremello stud. Burt is a total sucker for cream horse and was dead set on having a big family of cream horses. We'll be seeing a lot of little cream ponies running around here soon enough... while we're at it we're gonna need some more short riders because we cant have Walt ride every pones, so now we're on a rider hunt! However, Walt will definitely be Crow's designated rider because just look at those two, they look fantastic haha!

~

• amaziiiiiiiiiing facility love <3

• (I'm also going to comment on this over on ES when I get around to it so you get double love).

I love your new stallion, he is so cute! I would love to try ponies in my stable but all of my riders are too tall atm lol. Walt looks great with his hair down too. :wink: They make a beautiful pair!

• They certainly do look fantastic together! What a cute and pretty pony EYEC Guiding Light is, I would love to have a pony like that, I'm a sucker for creams to hahaha :heartpulse:

• @Luke-Alhmann said in EYEC || 15-01-19 || {New Stallion Spotlight}:

amaziiiiiiiiiing facility love <3

Thank you! I'm very proud of it :smiley: we always welcome visitors

@Clementine-Laake said in EYEC || 15-01-19 || {New Stallion Spotlight}:

(I'm also going to comment on this over on ES when I get around to it so you get double love).

I love your new stallion, he is so cute! I would love to try ponies in my stable but all of my riders are too tall atm lol. Walt looks great with his hair down too. :wink: They make a beautiful pair!

(thank you for that Clementine!)
    Same problem here, my husband and I are super tall and we've got Walt to ride all of our ponies at the moment. I'd love to try riding ponies cus i've got short legs but unfortunately I'm not quite lean enough :cold_sweat: but we're working on it. And I will be sure to tell Walt that someone thinks he looks nice haha!

@Kira-Kita said in EYEC || 15-01-19 || {New Stallion Spotlight}:

They certainly do look fantastic together! What a cute and pretty pony EYEC Guiding Light is, I would love to have a pony like that, I'm a sucker for creams to hahaha :heartpulse:

Thank you! Well, hopefully he can be up for stud soon enough and he'll have a little mini-me up for sale and I'l keep you updated :wink:

• oh a Cremello! :heart_eyes: I think I need to make one myself

• @Claire-von-Hohenfeld said in EYEC || 15-01-19 || {New Stallion Spotlight}:

oh a Cremello! :heart_eyes: I think I need to make one myself

Definitely! They always are so striking against other horses

• alt text

24-03-2017

There is some odd sort of pain when the forum asks "would you like to make a new topic, this thread is quite old" Like... shhh... don't mock me

alt text
    Sassy In Red
    ~
    alt text
    "Ma'am, can we actually canter?"
    "Pff, that's funny,"

~
    My last ride of the day on Saturday was a bit frustrating. I rode my mare, Crescendo, taking her out to our big arena for the first time and she was being rather cheeky. We had quite a few arguments when it came to cantering. She would do this weird little jig insead, as shown in the photo. I have no clue what she was trying to accomplish with this little dance, but she really wasn't liking the idea of cantering. I don't think she was fond of the lighting out or all the jumps. She was super distracted. However, she didn't throw any bucks or rears, she was just being a little weirdo. We did plenty of trotting though! Since for some reason, that's the only thing she could do all evening. Walking was not happening, no matter how much I sat back on her and held her mouth she was not having it. I will give her credit though, she did a lovely job at trotting, I don't usual anticipated nice trots from OTTB's but she works through it fantastically-- even though its not what I wanted... I hate horse stereotypes but by god she is such a typical chestnut mare. Love her, but she pains me sometimes....

~
    alt text
    I think this photo beautifully exhibits how short my legs are and ridiculously tall my torso is. I'm about 193 cm tall, I'm a super tall guy yet my tiny little legs let me ride normal sized horses- albeit, looking ridiculous, its the price I pay to ride my horses :,) At least I'm not like my husband, who's shorter than me, but his legs are long as shit so he has to ride bigger horses than me!
    ~
    Today I gotta head out to a stables down the road from us and help them out with one of their horses, then I've got a few lessons, and I have plenty of other chores to do the rest of the day so I'm booked... I wanna do a better job at documenting my life, but I've been doing great after a break from the internet. I've got two kids in school that I gotta drive around for school and help out with homework as well as a bajillion horses so- I'm a busy dude. In my off time I shed off some weight to be in better shape for everyone I suppose. I quit smoking, I'm particular proud of that-- even though I'm struggling a lil bit with that, but it's improvement! I finally (finally!) managed to grow a beard too- and that's my magnum opus from all the years of my weird mustache. Now that I'm done with all of my bragging, I hope I can try and do an update of each day of my week and keep it up! A posting schedule, if you will. So yeah! Everything's going well, hope the same is for everyone else.

~

Right then, cheers!

• alt text
    25-03-2019

Husband Boy Update
    ~
    a little late for today, but here's an update from today and yesterday focussed on my husband, Burty, aka husband boy. He hates me calling him that-- it came from the first time my Grandmaman met him, and her english was quite broken and she referred to Burton as "husband boy" and I absolutely love it. So, today I'm gonna gush over my lad because I'm hella proud of him. It's amazing seeing the difference between him after his injury two years ago where he practically snapped his leg in half and to how he's back to being the top rider at our stable haha! I mean, if you've got the name "Burton Foxford" you're sorta required to be a fancy rich horse guy.
    ~
    Sunday
    alt text
    ~
    On sunday Burt decided to steal my horse, Warwick and give him a spin. Emphasis on my horse. It was a normal schooling, nothing special, but it was really nice seeing someone doing dressage on Warwick who actually knows what their doing because I am merely a wee show jumper who is still trying to wrap his little pea brain around how the hell I'm supposed to move my body to make the horsies do the pretty feet thing. Warwick is truly quite the sunner, there's something about pitch black horses with a lotta chrome that just steals your heart and Burt was no exception. I'm still sad that he's a gelding. Burt was giving Warwick so much praise, goin on about how nice he is to ride, how awesome he feels- like, Burton, I know, my horse is awesome. Warwick seemed to really like Burt as well, he didn't act up with him at all and worked like a champ. Unfortunately I think I'm gonna have to let Burton ride Warwick more. (jk, it's fine by me, it's just fun to tease and complain.)
    ~
    alt text

Monday

alt text
    ~
    Today Burt rode EYEC So Long To The Headstrong, aka Atlas, a phenomenal warmblood dressage stallion. He gets the name Atlas since on his right side right underneath where the saddle goes he has a marking that looks exactly like a little map of England. Atlas makes me less sad about the fact Warwick is a gelding. If you haven't noticed, we've had a huge push towards dressage here, which is a bit disappointing for me, as a jumper. However, the reason we've had such a push is highly due to the fact Burton can no longer jump. We've tried our damndest to get back to jumping but with his chronic leg pain Burt has now it physically is not possible for him to jump anything higher than a couple centimetres. He can't put weight into his heels properly like he used too, and it's hard to watch him be in so much pain when trying to go into two-point or so much as do a light seat in a jumping saddle. We had some progress but, it just wasn't going anywhere. We haven't discussed it anymore from his last ride trying to jump which was dreadful for everyone involved since it is very difficult for Burt. I know I'm not really allowed to mention this on the forums, but in brief after the injury Burt was very very "sad." So, it's been quite a major blow after making significant progress to finally decide jumping was not a possibility anymore. Burt does handle most financials of EYEC, so it is his decision to make the push towards the discipline and I have no objections. I think it'll be a nice change in pace for everyone.

Now that I'm done with the sappy stuff, Atlas! Awesome horse, truly. (I said I was gushing over my husband so here we go--) He's been the perfect match for Burt and the two are like one mind it's mad. I even think they look quite similar? Their personalities are one of the same, they both like to act very serious and tough but are total goofballs when they're not focussed on their passion. This horse absolutely loves Burt too, he comes nickering at him from his paddock and genuinely enjoys going out and working with Burt. You can really tell when the two just focus in right to their work and are really just one. To really further my point-- here they are getting distracted at the same time:
    ~
    alt text
    ~
    They really just instantaneously snap out of their work mind set the moment you distract them, it's quite amusing. I try not too, but it was for the sake of a photo and they both looked over when I said some dumb shit to get Burt's attention.
    ~

Right so that conclude's today's update. Sorry for being so lovey dovey, sometimes it be like that. No update for tomorrow, it's my day off from work so I will be taking full advantage of that. I may have something to post on Wednesday about tomorrow if anything cool happens but as far as I have planned I'm doing errands and wearing fuzzy socks all day. Cheers!

• So Long To The Headstrong has such a beautiful coat, i loooove the cattracks on the marking :heart:

• @Jasmine-Wilkinson said in EYEC || 25-03-19 || {Husband Boy Update}:

So Long To The Headstrong has such a beautiful coat, i loooove the cattracks on the marking :heart:

Thank you! he stands out quite well against the rest of our horses, I do hope his markings are passed down to his foals

• can't stop staring at these stunning horses you have here!

• @Jade-Nguyen said in EYEC || 25-03-19 || {Husband Boy Update}:

can't stop staring at these stunning horses you have here!

haha, thanks!

• alt text
    28-03-2019

Banjo and Cross Country
    ~
    "D'you Banjo was that horse in that Beloved music video,"
    "No he wasn't, Walt."
    "You weren't there, how would you know? It was 100% him."
    "I don't remember leasing Banjo out for a music video."
    "Thieves!"
    "Whatever helps you sleep at night, Walt."
    ~
    alt text
    ~
    Walty and our token appaloosa, EYEC Little Lion Man, aka Banjo, took their first ride in the cross country field yesterday since it was fairly nice out. I tagged along of course because Walt is my bestie and the only way he could get ride of me is by sheer brute force. It was a fun time! Banjo acted better than I anticipated, he was definitely fresh and had a serious case of the zoomies but he didn't try and throw Walt off at any point so that was good. He didn't refuse to do anything, which was fantastic to see. Just like Walt, he likes to speed through everything and he zipped over jumps forgetting about his whole technique but... that's fine. It was only his first time cross country schooling having been a show jumper all his life. It was very exciting for him and I'm sure he told all his pasture mates about it. Banjo's a pretty interesting horse, he comes from a long line of pure native american appaloosas, without being "tainted" by other American breeds of horses. I did find out recently that in his lineage in particular he did have a few sport horses mixed in so he's not pure appaloosa- which is disappointing, but still neat knowing he's got a pretty rocking story behind him.
    ~
    alt text
    ~
    "Well that was a little rude,"
    "That was unexpected,"
    "At least you didn't fly off the back. At least in your case- that would've been real funny to witness,"
    "Maybe for you! That would suck ass for me!,"
    "True, but it would be funny."
    "Fair enough."
    "Though, I gotta say! That was the most hind-end engagement I've seen Banjo do."
    "So you're saying I should just run him through more bodies of water to make him work of his hind end."
    "No, but I have no objection to you give it a try."
    (Walt processes my sentence)
    "Oh, bah! You're out to get me killed now,"
    ~
    alt text
    ~

A little less writing than usual since I didn't keep track of time and now I'm sleepy, cheers!

• alt text
    22-04-2019

So many foals...
    ~
    English Yew had it's first foal crop! EYEC So Long To The Headstrong and EYEC Guiding Light are now proud papas! And their babies turned out real cute. The boys will be up for stud later this week with limited spots. However, that's enough of advertisement, everyone's here for the babes!
    Atlas foals
    Atlas (EYEC So Long To The Headstrong) had two lovely foals out of our mares. His babies are tiny and bulky like him, but Atlas is a homozygous Tobiano and all his foals will be some sort of tobiano. We were lucky that our crop got two homozygous tobis with Atlas's spotty markings. Atlas is a dressage stallion, so we'll be keeping all of his dressage bred foals because Burt said so.
    ~
    EYEC Oliver James
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    ~
    Say hello to baby Ollie! He's Silver's first foal ever and she's been a great mum. We were very cautious with her first baby, and she got a little angle for her first one. Tiny one too! Ollie is a black tobiano, and we're quite pleasantly surprised to see we got a black foal. It's a tad bit hard to tell, but under his white legs his fur is very light, so he's black. he's a KWPN Thoroughbred cross, and he's already been sold. He's definitely an eventing prospect, but I can see him going on and doing anything his new owner's heart desires. He did come out super tiny compared to his half sister, who's huge. It's rather funny since his mum is one of the biggest mares we've got. Silver's doing great, she had a little bit of trouble foaling, but she's warmed up. I hope to have more foals from Silver and Atlas, since this little lad turned out great.
    ~
    EYEC Meadowlark
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    ~
    Next baby is Meadowlark! He's out of EYEC Talmont, and is the spitting image of Atlas. Tally's weird face marking got passed down to Meadow as well. It just seems as though somehow Tally's awkward face marking is going to our babies in one way or another. Her last foal, Tonik, came out black but with one blue eyes. Weird huh? But It's cool to see! Meadowlark is staying with us in hopes of breeding her, but who knows. She's a playful filly and loves to run around with Tally. She's super curious and I can't wait to see her under saddle when she's older. We're very pleased to see her come out so big, since Burty and I need some big horses. We're anticipating her to become really dark once she's shed out very dark like her mum! Nonetheless, she's a unique looking filly with a lot of potential.
    ~

Crow foals
    Crow's only had one foal from one of our mares, since we still need some more German Riding Ponies to breed Crow with. I haven't much to say about Crow. He's an awesome horse, that's the most I can say. Our cool cremello stallion had his first foal and luck was on our side and got another cremello!
    ~
    EYEC White Blank Page
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    ~
    Ohhh baby Dove! I think I'm the most excited about this cutie. I don't know what it is about Dove but I see a certain spark in her that makes me excited to see her grow up. I think she'll be a real fun horse to work with. 'Can't ride her. I'm too tall. We'll work it out though. Slew is being driven mad by this spitfire. So are the other mares and foals. Dove runs the whole paddock. She's a cheeky filly and zooms around the ring. She loves to try and play with the other foals but they haven't quite warmed up to playing. Obviously we're keeping Dove, and she makes me excited to see the other foals by Crow!
    ~

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.