EYEC || 17/7/2019|| Time To Show Off My Husband Again

• @Ian-Salvatore Understandably so, she's a gorgeous little lady
    @Jade-Nguyen thank you so much! and Izzy has been amazing, him and Walt have been a great pair! I'm really happy he's here

• alt text
    ~
    "Next in our crossrail division, number 31547 TBS Yarrmanna Show and.. uh.. Markus Mole-in? Representing English Yew Equine Centre." Boomed the announcer as I lost all hope of ever hearing my name being pronounced properly at a show.
    ~
    alt text
    ~
    I was antsy. Not nervous, antsy. I had a weird little itch in the very pit of my stomach as I trotted Yarrmanna into the grass ring. Not nervous. I truly wasn't, I was on a smart warmblood mare going over tiny crossrails that were more like ground poles to the big warmblood-- albeit, she didn't look big at all with me. There was nothing to be worried about, but there was something tapping me on the shoulder in the back of my mind while I started her to the first crossrail. I barely had to go into jumping position as Yarrmanna landed into the canter.
    I found that my attention wasn't quite all in place while I turned her to a small combination as an easy moving canter, my legs on tight. My expression tightened as I tried to figure out what exactly what kept nagging me. We continued through the combination, the sent of mud, petrichor, and fresh horse shit filling my nose as a cold breeze hit us.
    ~
    alt text
    ~
    I huffed and furrowed my brows, giving Yarrmanna a good boot to switch her lead, switching onto her hind-end with a big leap back onto her forehand. A friendly reminder of how uncomfortable hunter riding was for someone like me who rides on the hind-end. There was still something in me making my stomach churn.
    I thought back to the early morning following the show. I'd rolled out of bed at the crack of dawn, woke up my husband, had a rushed breakfast before going to wake up another rider to get ready for the show. Maybe I had forgotten something? I pondered. Maybe I forgot to do one of the stable chores? I theorised. I swore everything was done. I began to play back the whole morning, something had to happened to make me feel o anxious? It all started clustering up my head and the course was falling further into my mind as aimless worries about some sort of undiscovered problem began to charge forward in my mind's forehand.
    Yarrmanna gave a low whinny halfway through the short course, which had felt so drawn out thanks to all my worrying. I snapped back into reality and realised I was about to miss my turn. The dark bay may didn't seem to mind my sudden scrambling to get her going the right way.
    Now back in the moment, I took in a long breath of that rain and shit scented air and let all of those momentary worries subside and squeezed Yarrmanna into an easy and calm extended canter.
    ~
    alt text
    ~

and there is is :sparkles: the first of two entries I'll be doing for the Shore's End Hunter circuit! I am notttt well versed in hunters at all, but I have two hunter horses and I figured I'd give it a go. Next few posts probably won't be as edited as my last few have been, seen I wanna just have fun taking photos of all my ponies and writing dumb stories, so Cheers!

TBS Yarrmanna Show is bred by @Zatanna-Westerlund

• @Marquis-Moulin said in EYEC || 7/7/2019|| Hunter Show Entry:

"Next in our crossrail division, number 31547 TBS Yarrmanna Show and.. uh.. Markus Mole-in? Representing English Yew Equine Centre."

I hate this, but I love it. I really hate it. But I love it a lot. I know not everyone can pronounce l'écureuil or la grenouille, but if you can say fajita and gesundheit then I think you can figure out MARQUIS MOULIN. Right? Right.

@Marquis-Moulin said in EYEC || 7/7/2019|| Hunter Show Entry:

I am notttt well versed in hunters at all, but I have two hunter horses and I figured I'd give it a go.

That makes two of us. :pensive: :v: Best of luck! Yarrmanna's entry is lovely (I love the way you configured the layout and all the red pops throughout) and I'm sure she'll place well. :hibiscus:

• Wow Wow! Awesome photos. I am very glad that Yarrmanna has already shown herself in a new house. She is a very talented mare, you will succeed, I believe! :heart:

• omg i LOVE LOVE LOVE anytime someone posts hunter pictures like :mag: :eyes: :mag: :eyes:

these are BEaUTIFUL entries!!! <3<3

• Competition Committee

That moment when they can pronounce "Yarrmanna" but not "Moulin." :face_palm_tone1:
    Gotta love those judges.

Lovely entry, Marquis. I really love all the cropped snippets throughout <3

• @Alexa-la-Coupe said in EYEC || 7/7/2019|| Hunter Show Entry:

"Next in our crossrail division, number 31547 TBS Yarrmanna Show and.. uh.. Markus Mole-in? Representing English Yew Equine Centre."

I hate this, but I love it. I really hate it. But I love it a lot. I know not everyone can pronounce l'écureuil or la grenouille, but if you can say fajita and gesundheit then I think you can figure out MARQUIS MOULIN. Right? Right.

I am notttt well versed in hunters at all, but I have two hunter horses and I figured I'd give it a go.

That makes two of us. :pensive: :v: Best of luck! Yarrmanna's entry is lovely (I love the way you configured the layout and all the red pops throughout) and I'm sure she'll place well. :hibiscus:

first off, thank you for the long comment haha! It's nice knowing someone reads the nonsense I write. and yes, French names are very scary to the common folk. "Markus Molein" isn't even the worst of it, wait till you get to people saying "Mark-quiz" that's when the real insanity kicks in. and thank you again! I have high hopes, but yet again-- hunters is one of those discipline where I think I know what I'm doing but in the middle of making my entry. I realise "what the hell am I doing?" and loose all hope

@Zatanna-Westerlund said in EYEC || 7/7/2019|| Hunter Show Entry:

Wow Wow! Awesome photos. I am very glad that Yarrmanna has already shown herself in a new house. She is a very talented mare, you will succeed, I believe! :heart:

Thank you so much! I didn't get the chance to take any photos of her till now and I really love her! ( i need to make her some replacements markings though, since she was missing all her white originally) I'm really happy to have her! Crossing my fingers for at least a fifth :fingers_crossed:

@Siri-Kane said in EYEC || 7/7/2019|| Hunter Show Entry:

omg i LOVE LOVE LOVE anytime someone posts hunter pictures like :mag: :eyes: :mag: :eyes:

these are BEaUTIFUL entries!!! <3<3

Thank you!! :smile: I actually really like the look of the show hunter attire, it's got a certain charm to it a think :thinking: maybe if I do a little more research in I'll do more.. if more rp shows come around, that is. but thank you <3

@Rena-Cort said in EYEC || 7/7/2019|| Hunter Show Entry:

That moment when they can pronounce "Yarrmanna" but not "Moulin." :face_palm_tone1:
    Gotta love those judges.

Lovely entry, Marquis. I really love all the cropped snippets throughout <3

Thank you <3 I'm glad at least two people have been reading the name "Marquis Moulin" right , can't blame them, French names are scary, like I said, (even though mines like one of the simpler ones) again, thank you, I greatly appreciate the kind words

and now it's time to check out because I had to work with a bunch of kids for horse camp and I'm whooped. Small children really enjoy asking questions about my personal life

• alt text
    8-7-2019
    guess I lied about checking out because here I am doing a quick update

Big N' Small

I suppose in response to my comment on my show entry about Yarrmanna looking tiny with me, I thought this photo of Walt and Burton was pretty funny.

alt text

Here are the two on the dressage horses they show. Burt's on 15hh Rose, (@Jill-Reyes ) and there's Walt on 17hh Izzy. ( @Jade-Nguyen ) yet there they are, Walt and Burt's heads almost being level. Walt is 162 cm tall, so he's normal human size. BUT his legs are freakishly long and he has like- no torso and it's really funny seeing him on any horse because either his torso looks super tiny, like on Izzy, or his legs are under the horse, like with October. Burt has the same thing going on, he's mostly legs but... he's not as disproportionate as Walt and I like teasing Walt about it. Burt's 188 cm tall, so there is quiteeee the height difference. Fun fact about Walt and Burt is that they're second cousins, so long ass legs just run in the family I suppose. Because I have stubby ass legs.

Meanwhile, I think Rose and Izzy are the cutest pair of horses on the yard. We've been calling them an old married couple since they get along so nicely in the ring and have little conversation through the paddocks. "Who are the two horses whinnying at each other" oh it's just Rose and Izzy, they're besties. They were both very grumpy when Walt and Izzy had to get out of the arena early since Walt had to meet up with someone. Rose wasn't being bad, but she was making very grumpy faces the whole time after Izzy left. We're probably going to breed Izzy to Rose when Rose retires since it just seems like the thing to do. Rose is really high in her career, pretty much Burt's dream horse, besides the fact she minuscule- and I think we're pretty close to retiring her from dressage and letting her be a broodmare. Rose is only 15, so she's not a senior horse at all, meanwhile Izzy is around 18-19. not technically a senior horse yet, but he's getting there.

(Another fun fact, but science fact, horses don't actually show any signs of old age until they're twenty, so you got a 19 year old horse? still considered a middle aged horse. Obviously, it varies, but that's the science, baby)

I had hoped to post more photos of this ride, but I'm having some issues photo-taking wise and I don't have the time to do a lot of tweaking of a lot of images, so this'll do. (help is appreciated) It was fun to hang out with the two while they did some dressage schooling. Burton gave me some pointers for the next time I try it out with Vita, and Walt got frustrated because I was in charge of the blue-tooth since I was the only one on the ground and I wouldn't listen to his suggestions. (Love ya Walt! but revenge is revenge) both Izzy and Rose are great horses, even if Izzy was being a little lazy since it was hot. I don't blame him. I would've been riding if it wasn't for the fact I had just gotten back from Huntingdon and was tired as hell. I'm the least heat resistant out of the three of us, sadly.

I still really wanna go back to my normal post making, but like I said.. I'm having some issues (wink wink) This is kinda a jumbled mess, but when aren't my updates to be honest? anyways, hopefully I get the issue resolved so I can take more photos at home and have some more worth-while posts... Cheers!

• First of all let me tell you how excited I am to see Rose, she seems like she's settled in very well! I'm very sure you've assigned her a great rider, especially since she seems like being Burt's dream horse.

It's great she's found a friend so quickly as well, the fact that they'll have a foal together is getting me really, really excited! We still have 3 of her offspring running around, who all have an amazing and unique character! I'm sure she'll throw you an amazing baby as well when the time comes <3

• @Jill-Reyes said in EYEC || 8/7/2019|| Big N' Small:

First of all let me tell you how excited I am to see Rose, she seems like she's settled in very well! I'm very sure you've assigned her a great rider, especially since she seems like being Burt's dream horse.

It's great she's found a friend so quickly as well, the fact that they'll have a foal together is getting me really, really excited! We still have 3 of her offspring running around, who all have an amazing and unique character! I'm sure she'll throw you an amazing baby as well when the time comes <3

Rose has been absolutely lovely here <3 we're so happy to have her and she's been doing great work with Burton! He's really excited to have her, he's always wanted to have a higher level horse like her, she's been a great teacher for him

and yes, Izzy and her have been a lovely pair! I'm really excited to see what they'll produce! I've been a little tempted to use one of our unregistered broodmares for an embryo transfer since I think they'll make a cute foal. some of our mares have been a little pissy with her, so she tends to be turned out by her lonesome in her yard, but we've moved Izzy's yard to be right next to her to keep her company

• alt text
    13-7-2019

Morning Jump School

Listening :musical_note:

alt text

There's not much time in the day when I'm not working with one of the horses, it's either stable work, or horse work. This morning I was doing work with our mare, Blu Hors Ohlala, also known as Ladybird or just Bird around the yard. Typically she gets ridden four times a week by me in the mornings. The horses have been turned out at night these passed few weeks so grooming becomes a bit more important now as typically our horses are covered in dirt. Bird wasn't too bad thankfully, and we got to head out to the ring rather quickly.

alt text

I usually do an hour to an hour-30 minute ride with her, since I like to take a lot of time warming her up. We were focusing a lot on controlling her strides, as although she's not a disobedient mare, Bird gets a little excited. She was doing fantastic in the trot this morning though, probably partly because it was a little humid. The canter warm-up was a little sketchier, we have such a big outdoor arena since it's used for shows, some horses get a little excited when looking down the long side. I never go long with my horses in the arena unless I absolutely need to, I always cut the arena in half and stay up at the top end. (depending on the horse, the mare pasture is right across the street and some of our stallions work better at the bottom end.) Bird is definitely one of the horses who get excited on the long side, so we did focus a lot on the canter. That, and we also have a bluetooth speaker installed on our judges stand so sometimes I get a little carried away when warming up on my own. (some songs are just unusually fun to canter with)

alt text

Bird is usually super awake after doing her canter a warm-up, and after a short walk break tracking both ways, we started working over fences! I usually school her at about 1.20, and today was no different. We did a lot of gymnastics and more complicated combos to get her really thinking about what she's doing. Birds not like your usual mare, she works with her ears pricked forward and eyes up, its great!

alt text

Best part about Bird is all the effort she puts into her work, I absolutely love it. Bird was really giving it her all this morning and because of it I let the ride go a little shorter as a reward. aaaand I let her canter down the long side. It's an odd reward, but good god the horses get so happy when I let them speed down the long side.

This is super rushed, sorry! but I hope you enjoy looking at Bird anyways, Cheers!

• OH LA LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA god she's amazing so so so cuuuute i love this mare really love love love, what a big jump she has. <3

• @Ian-Salvatore said in EYEC || 13/7/2019|| Morning Jump School:

OH LA LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA god she's amazing so so so cuuuute i love this mare really love love love, what a big jump she has. <3

she is quite the little stunner <3 thank you! her jump is really fun to ride too, she powers over fences!

• Competition Committee

I swear, some horses just can't work correctly down the long side. It's like they see it and suddenly those OTTBs are straight TBs again :face_palm_tone1:
    Bird's jump looks so lovely to ride :heartpulse:

• Bird is Scopy isnt she, looks like she enjoys all her Warm ups and Jumping. thats a Horse that loves jumping

• @Rena-Cort said in EYEC || 13/7/2019|| Morning Jump School:

I swear, some horses just can't work correctly down the long side. It's like they see it and suddenly those OTTBs are straight TBs again :face_palm_tone1:
    Bird's jump looks so lovely to ride :heartpulse:

Especially when you've got a huge arena like us without a completed fence! they see that long stretch out into an open field and they're ready to run. It's a great motivator for the slow horses, not a great motivator for horses that are already infamous for bolting. Thankfully, Bird's not like that, she listens to me for the most part. She really is a fantastic ride, nice and forward and listening! Thank you!

@Lexi-House said in EYEC || 13/7/2019|| Morning Jump School:

Bird is Scopy isnt she, looks like she enjoys all her Warm ups and Jumping. thats a Horse that loves jumping

Definitely! She's a hard worker who enjoys what she does, just need to get her registered and I'll think she'll dominate the show ring, thank you!

• alt text
    15-7-2019

"But flatwork is boring!"

Some horses just despise flatwork rides. Such is the case for October. (EYEC October Skies) Walt's project mare is great in the show ring, but when it comes to actual training... she's the pissiest thing in the barn.

~~

:video_camera: Recording...
    "Y'know, she's really mastered the mare face," Walt said as they fixed up their stirrups.
    "A face only a mother could love," I replied.
    "Well, good thing I'm October's mum," Walt said confidently as they brought the seal bay to the mounting block.
    "You've sure raised a brat than!" I teased. Walt looked over at me, catching me recording.
    "Ohhh you're gonna ruin all of my chances of ever selling her!" They scoffed jokingly.
    "She's got a cute face, someone will fall in love with her, I mean, how do you think we got Aengus?" I shrugged while Walt swung themselves onto the antsy mare, who started walking right as their bum planted in the saddle.
    "Fair point, just like how you guys let me ride your horses." Walt snickered, keeping their reins long, since any horse they rode was mostly leg-driven.
    "Eh... terrible attitude -- yes. Cute face? ehhhh, not so much," I teased Walt.
    "Oh screw you too, tubby," They teased back.
    "Hush up and ride your horse, loser," I scoffed. :sparkles: Friendship :sparkles:

~~
    I could tell just by the walk warm-up that this ride was going to be a slight trainwreck. October was either just in one of her moods, or something outside was bugging her, whatever it was, it was not going to be a pleasant ride to end the evening.

alt text

~~

"Now that's a good trot out of her!" I pointed out as the two cut across the centre, cutting the arena in half, the same thing I do. "Besides the face. The face could be better."
    "I know right! She's got such a good trot. Like, she really stretches out in it. We just have to work on her contact and she'll get a hell of a lot better in her dressage tests," Walt detailed.
    "Can you even get her to work on the contact?" I asked.
    "She knows how to, but, it's hard for me to work on it. When I put her on the side reins and lunge her she goes on the bit," Walt explained.
    "You think that's just going to be something for her buyer to work on?" I asked. Walt nodded and changed direction on the long diagonal, staying out the saddle for the warm up.
    "Probably. She knows how to do it, I just can't get her to do it with one hand yet." Walt replied.
    "D'you think we can pop Burt on her and see if he can get her on the bit?" I asked. They shook their head.
    "October's not gonna work well with a big rider, she's too light for that. " Walt answered. "I'm not opposed to another rider getting on her, but we'd have to ask one of the boarders or something. She's only like 15hh."
    "Damn, yeah, good call. We'll have to try that out another day, since that's gonna be the real killer-- if she can work on the bit or not or if she's too acclimated to being ridden with one hand." I replied.
    "I think October will be just fine," They replied confidently.

~~

alt text

~~

"Now THIS is my biggest issue, her canter is so ugly," Walt called out to me as they started the right-lead canter. "I absolutely hate how she drags her head on the outside. So ugly." They scoffed.
    "I figure that's something that's going to come as she build ups muscle, huh?" I asked, leaning on a jump standard.
    "I feel like I could fix it if I had both reins!" Walt continued to complain.
    "Nahh,, I think it's definitely a strength issue. Her withers are turning with your hip fine, she's just not working through her abdomen properly," I theorised. "How's her left lead?"
    "She's slightly better" Walt stated.
    "On the draw reins?"
    "Same issue."
    "Yeah, it's definitely just a strength issue," I concluded. "You'll just have to keep working with her until she gets a better topline."
    "Oh! Fun," Walt stated sarcastically.
    "Does she have her changes down though?" I couldn't help but ask.
    "Oh definitely, watch this," They proceeded the cut across the centre and then came this huge buck/crow hop of a lead change, and a huge smirk on Walt's face as they switched to the left. "Hideous, huh?"
    "At least she's got one," I said shaking my head.

~~

The ride continued on with plenty of dumb banter between Walt and I, as per usual. I always try to join them out in the ring, just to be safe. That evening I was glad I did, after that lead change sparked a bunch of sass into the little mare. Bucking and doing little jigs through the rest of the ride. We had a tiny bolt at some point as well. I made sure to check for lameness at some point, but she was doing fine. Just being a little bit of a brat that evening... I think I was certainly more frustrated with it than Walt was. I suppose I was a little tired and cranky :tired_face: at least I wasn't the only one getting antsy. I think both October and I were ready to check out, but I had a few more horses to ride after watching Walt's ride. :weary:

alt text

~~
    "You know.., if you get a photo of me doing a reinback on her it'll look like a piaffe?" Walt told me.
    "Hm, I'll test that theory," I said and got myself position nicely.
    "Oh wow, going on one knee to get a photo! Fancy!" Walt exclaimed, sitting back and kissing, making October do a nice reinback.
    "Huh, what do you know, it kinda does," I said, getting back to my feet.
    "Am I right??" Walt asked excitedly.
    "I guess so! Though... we both know she can't do a piaffe," I teased.
    "She's got the potential!" Walt smiled wide.
    "Alright shitface, you guys done yet?" I teased with a smirk.
    "Yep, let me walk her out and we can walk back to the stables. Then I'll punch you once I get off," Walt said with a mischievous little snicker. I was getting cranky, but joking around with Walt was turning my grumpiness into something else. Sadly, same rule didn't apply to October, she was done with work for that night.

~~

Walt did punch me once they got off October in the barn isle. It was really weak though. Walt returned the favour and joined me in the ring while I did one of my evening rides. Though after that, they went back to the annex house, where they lived to have dinner. Sadly, I was still left out working two more horses, one of our own and one for a client before I got to head inside for dinner before finishing up some barn work.

We're starting to take offers on October! She currently has 9 points in show jumping and 27 points in eventing, we aren't going to be putting an add up for her until she gets her first title in both her disciplines. However, if anyone is particularly in love with this angsty arabian, feel free to PM me an offer. Walt wants her to go to a good home where they can get a lot of updates on her, since it's their first project horse. Though highest offers would be nice, we would rather chose a suitable home over price. Cheers!

• alt text
    16-7-2019

Vanner Conformation Photos

Finally got around to getting all my vanners registered, so, here's a very quick posts of all of them

WV Django
    Stallion - Dressage & Liberty - Irish Cob (Standard)
    alt text

WV Brishen
    Stallion - Dressage & Ridden Showing - Irish Cob (Standard)
    alt text

WV Toirdheadlbhach
    Stallion - Dressage & TREC - Irish Cob (Standard)
    alt text

WV Fiedhelm
    Stallion - Draft Horse Showing & Combined Driving - Irish Cob (Pony)
    alt text

WV Tawni
    Mare - Dressage - Irish Cob (Standard)
    alt text

WV Masilda
    Mare - Ridden Showing - Irish Cob (Standard)
    alt text

WV Florence
    Mare - Dressage - Irish Cob (Standard)
    alt text

I'm going to be making a few more mares after I get some other horses registered.. but now back to your regularly scheduled program

• They all look so stocky :heart_eyes: Once again, I'm lovin' Mr Django, both him and Tawni are stunning

• omg, all of them looks goregous!

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.