A I M S I R ♣ E Q U E S T R I A N - 01/18 - More Introductions.

• YES! I love that roan tobiano! :D

• Oh, I loved myself so much, I hope we'll see him again soon! A well deserved retirement for this champion :)

• PR Committee

So happy to see him going into retirement soon enough! He's an awesome guy and he's truly found a wonderful and loving home with you! I hope Betelgeuse will do him proud and follow in his footsteps!

• Competition Committee

It's been a while since our last update due to my own ill health, being busy running Aimsir as we send all of our staff home for the holidays and other personal things going on, sadly. However, we are back with lots of exciting plans for this year! :slight_smile:

I'll be doing a few updates over the next week or so as we have so much going on with new horses arriving, foals to take lots of pictures of and our staff are all heading back to Aimsir from their Christmas/New Year break so we're going to formally introduce you to them all.

For now, we'd firstly like to introduce this years little future stars :heart: It's been a loonggg time since we had our own personal foal crop here at Aimsir... We've always ended up breeding to sell the foals on but this year I decided to keep the foals back and produce them ourselves seeing as we need to expand on our lines for future breeding prospects. I'm so excited to see how they grow!

We wanted to keep it small as we also have a fair few youngsters coming in to be produced this year so it wouldn't have made sense to breed a big crop just to struggle to have the time for them all... especially since I'm wanting to start these guys myself and there's only one of me! :laughing: We have three gorgeous little babies... two of which are weaned and doing very well and then we had another one make a late appearance last week!

We got to the stables this morning and decided to put the foals out for 30 minutes to see how they'd react to the snow whilst the blizzards we've had all week settled and the morning sun provided a little bit of warmth.

Firstly, we have the late arrival. Introducing AIM Calvados a Palomino KWPN Colt. Both Calvin and his Dam are new to us! We purchased the stunning Apple-Bee S from @Lidija-Rotherford with the agreement that she be put in foal to her KWPN stud VPE Desafinado who, by the way, is a completely breathtaking Stallion and everyone needs a foal from him! :laughing: So now we have Calvin and Bee with us! Bee will be competing moving forward but we thought we'd give her a break to put her in foal so there's no rush or pressure for us to get her started again.

When we first put him out he was extremely cautious and stuck very close to Bee. He wasn't quite sure what to make of it all.
    alt text

Once he realised that he knew who we were and that he was safe being outside, he got a little bit bolder and started showing the playful side we've seen in the stables so far. At this point we decided to bring the other two, very naughty, foals out to see if that would bring him out of his shell a bit more which it did! :heart:

alt text

First, we got our little Bay Irish Draught Colt, AIM Kamikaze. He had already been out previously last week so he came out all confident knowing exactly what was going on :rolling_eyes: This little guy is by our own StE Dalwin, who will be retiring soon so this will likely be one of his final foals, and out of @Lidija-Rotherford gorgeous mare RFE Kinmorina. We've been planning on adding a new Irish Draught Colt to Aimsir for a while due to Dalwin's retirement so what better way than to continue on with his lines? This little man is going to be a powerhouse! :heart_eyes:

alt text

Last but not least, we have our new chestnut Irish Sports Horse filly AIM Katenya. She is by our up and coming stallion RME Tuscany and out of our own mare CVS/OCN Silver Soul. She's the first foal we've had by Tuscany and we're hoping to see great things from her moving forward! She's a lovely little petite girl with real flashy, bold movement and no fear what so ever! :heart:

alt text

As you can see, by the end of all this the three of them were having great fun! We had to get them in shortly after this picture as Calvados still isn't great on those legs of his and it was an accident waiting to happen. Bee was keeping a very close eye and we didn't want her stressing herself over him dancing around like Bambi! :laughing:

alt text

Hopefully I'll be able to update you guys tomorrow on a few of the new youngsters we have with us now! It's going to be a great year :smile:

• Oh please tell me his barn name is going to be Bambi! :heart:

All three are looking mighty, the Dalwin colt is ahead of them all by mass I see :rofl:

• Why hello there little bay horse :eyes: a lovely bunch of bouncy babies and I'm excited to see them all grown up :heart: (obligatory: no blankets!!? The horror!!?)

• So cute foals :heart_eyes:

• oh Toni <3 what a Wonderful group of Babies <3 AIM Kamikaze has to be the CUTEST DUDE ever
    AIM Katenya is a Sweetheart <3

• Man I've had such foal fever lately!! Look at these babies, all so adorable! I love Katenya, she's a precious little baby! I love her coat <3

• Competition Committee

@Lidija-Rotherford said in A I M S I R ♣ E Q U E S T R I A N - 01/13 - Babies!:

Oh please tell me his barn name is going to be Bambi! :heart:

All three are looking mighty, the Dalwin colt is ahead of them all by mass I see :rofl:

Haha! It should be :sweat_smile:

Yeah, he's going to be a tank!

@Eowyn-Vance said in A I M S I R ♣ E Q U E S T R I A N - 01/13 - Babies!:

Why hello there little bay horse :eyes: a lovely bunch of bouncy babies and I'm excited to see them all grown up :heart: (obligatory: no blankets!!? The horror!!?)

<3 I'll be keeping everyone updated with their growth.

I was waiting for that! :sweat_smile: They're all safe, cold free and all snug!

@Shagaia-Nedja'ri said in A I M S I R ♣ E Q U E S T R I A N - 01/13 - Babies!:

So cute foals :heart_eyes:

Thank you <3

@Lexi-House said in A I M S I R ♣ E Q U E S T R I A N - 01/13 - Babies!:

oh Toni <3 what a Wonderful group of Babies <3 AIM Kamikaze has to be the CUTEST DUDE ever
    AIM Katenya is a Sweetheart <3

Thanks! Katenya is beautiful and I can't wait for everyone to watch them grow. <3

@Marquis-Moulin said in A I M S I R ♣ E Q U E S T R I A N - 01/13 - Babies!:

Man I've had such foal fever lately!! Look at these babies, all so adorable! I love Katenya, she's a precious little baby! I love her coat <3

Everyone needs babies! Someone needs to have a foal crop themselves ;)

Thank you very much <3

• Competition Committee

Another update for you guys! :slight_smile:

So, firstly, Maia has been non-stop nagging at me for me to keep an eye out for a new horse for her. She has the ride of any of mine but she says that this isn't enough as she wants one to call her own and be able to have fun with rather than just have the pressures of competing, which, I can appreciate.

However, nagging teenagers annoy me :sweat_smile: So I've been playing it completely cool and told her that I'm not looking to add any new horses unless they're already in the 2020 plans but... I've sneakily been keeping an eye on the market for something special for her. She has been pretty good about it and putting in a lot of effort with my horses to fill her little void... We send all of our staff home over the holidays and she has been helping me run things... she works extremely hard and is definitely not your 'average teenager'.

I almost gave up looking until Spring but then, I came across EYEC Wellmet who was looking for a new home. He's a stunning 4 year old Spanish Sports Horse Stallion with such an awesome personality! He's just so funny and dorky. He was advertised by @Eowyn-Vance with the opening line 'The perfect balance of baroque grace and warmblood refinement' which is completely true once you see him in the flesh :heart_eyes: He's so graceful yet flashy.

Anyway! I woke up so early the morning we were going to collect him and another new addition, who I'll introduce later. I told Maia that I was off to collect a horse for a client to board here for schooling and set off. Once I got him home he went straight out in to the field so he could have a good look around and stretch after the journey whilst I started the general yard duties. Once I came back out I found Maia stood in his field pouting at me :sweat_smile: She asked if he was for sale and whether we could put an offer in to persuade them to sell... her face when I told her he'd already sold was a picture :laughing: I walked across the field and left her to pout whilst trying not to laugh at her.

alt text

Once I got to the other end of the field I couldn't stand her stood there sulking any longer and shouted 'Can you do some work and get YOUR horse in from the field please?' She looked completely confused for at least 30 seconds and then it clicked in to place :sweat_smile: Poor Welly then got smothered in cuddles from a sqeeing teenager... not that he seemed to mind :slight_smile:

alt text

Here are some bonus shots of the dorky dude in the photoshoot we did later that day :heart:
    alt text
    alt text

A massive thank you to @Eowyn-Vance for letting Welly come to live with us! You've made Maia a very happy girl and we promise to look after him very well.

• Omg he's beautiful :heart_eyes: And I cna only imagine Maia's happiness, I hope they have a good and fun future together

• Competition Committee

More newbies to introduce! :)

For a while now I've wanted to start a Knabstrupper breeding programme and it was in the 2020 plans to do so. This gorgeous boy is the start of that programme... Introducing Darley's Midnight Serenade. He's a 4 year old Knabstrupper Sportshorse imported by @Piper-Chance who did an amazing job sourcing exactly what I was looking for!

alt text
    alt text

The next two are Irish Sports Horse mares who were offered to us by @Lidija-Rotherford after they were sold to someone who's circumstances changed so they ended up back with Lidija. They have had a bit of a late start but they're showing amazing potential and I'm looking forward to their future with is. The first is RFE Latta who I've been working with for now. She's so lovely and relaxed to ride... she just wants to please and tried her hardest.
    alt text

Next is RFE Illona who I have a real soft spot for as she has some of my favourite lineage which goes back to my all time favourite stallion RFE Incandescente. Maia seems to ride her with such ease so I've left the ride with her for now. She's hotter than Latta but still tries her little heart out.
    alt text

The next two are a pair of youngsters imported by @Jay-Wilkinson. They're both unbacked 3 year olds and we'll be starting them alongside Turlough, Midnight Serenade and our 3 imported Irish Draughts later this month. We'll be busy to say the least! Both are Irish Sport Horses. They arrived with us before the snow hit which is why we haven't had a chance to start them just yet alongside the fact our staff haven't been here to work the other horses. They're hairy and enjoying the field pony life at the moment.

First we have our Bay Dominant White Stallion Wren S. He's been a complete dope on a rope so far. When he went out in the snow he had a mad 5 minutes and that's the most I've seen him move since he's been here :rolling_eyes: :laughing:
    alt text
    alt text

Then we have our Chestnut Rabicano mare Wynter S who is already showing us she's going to be a handful with the 'typical' chestnut mare attitude. Don't be fooled by the cute face you see in these pictures!
    alt text
    alt text

So there we go... most of the newbies for 2020 have now been introduced! :slight_smile: We still have one more mare to introduce but she's still in the field so once all of our staff our home I'll bring her in and give her a makeover to show you all. :slight_smile:

• That first one! :scream:

• I really love the bay coat of Illona !

• Wren has a very unique coat! i love it.
    And Wynter is stunning ❤

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.