A I M S I R ♣ E Q U E S T R I A N - 10/11 Maia's Old & New Ride.

• Competition Committee

alt text
    About Us

Aimsir Equestrian is managed by myself and owned by my mother. We have a dedicated team of riders and stable hands who make what we do possible! We are based in Galway, Ireland on a medium sized facility with brilliant facilities and stunning locations for hacking. Aimsir Equestrian focus of breeding and competing high quality Irish horses.

Our Horses

Whilst we strive to breed top quality Irish horses, we don't limit ourselves to this alone. We have other warmblood breeds and some brilliant ponies in our team. Our passion lies with Irish Draughts and we are constantly working to produce more quality horses of this amazing breed. We currently have a string of competition horses and ponies who compete in Show Jumping, Eventing, Dressage and Hunter classes. A few staff members also keep their horses with us so we have a variety of breeds in the stables at the moment which we love!

Our Staff

We currently have a number of riders who work with us... some are full-time and some are working for us on a freelance basis for when we need them. Our main riders will be shown in this blog with their rides.
    We have myself, Robin Egerton and Maia Lamberti, my niece, who live on site and we have separate staff accommodation where some of our other riders reside.

• Competition Committee

Reserved for Staff :)

• Stunning horses :drooling_face: :heart:

• What stunning babies :drooling_face:

• both are so beautiful! :heart_decoration:

• Competition Committee

Hey, guys <3

After a fairly long break I've come back! :slight_smile: So... thought over the next week or so I'll get a huge update done piece by piece. Trying to do it all in one hit might just kill me off :joy:

Majority of my horses have been on lease whilst I've been sorting through personal issues so a massive thank you to those who have helped with them <3 Especially @Lexi-House who took most of them for me.

So! We're slowly moving the horses over to the new facilities. Currently it's just my niece, Maia, my main stable hand/rider, Robin and myself on the yard. The remainder of the staff will be moving in to the accommodation block next week.

In terms of the horses... we've only got our two older stallions with us at the moment. They've settled in well and don't seem to care about what's going on!

Maia has been going on and on at me about riding WPW Baphomet since she moved in with me. She's seen him under saddle a fair few times and has asked me if she can ride him atleast 20 times. Due to how busy we usually are with 15+ horses, foals and competitions I've never been able to set aside the time to keep an eye on her. I trust her completely but Baph knows his job and will take advantage if you're not on your toes with him. Things were quiet today, we only have the 2 horses on site until they start moving back tomorrow so I thought it was the perfect time for her to school and jump him for me. seeing as her main ride isn't back yet.

She handled him very well and he behaved impeccably.

alt text
    alt text

Baphomet currently holds 194 points in Show Jumping but he's getting a bit older now so this is his last year competing at this level. As of next year he will be retired to a quiet life and he'll be used privately for breeding. His last public foal is currently up for auction and we're excited for her future with whichever lucky new owner she ends up with! :slight_smile:

Once that excitement calmed down I worked StE Dalwin. He's an old man and again, it's his last year competing and he's done extremely well so far with 197 Dressage points and 165 Eventing. He's a complete gentleman and he never fails to put a smile on my face. He tries so hard to please and works like a dream!

alt text
    alt text

We currently have two of his offspring up for auction. One being the spitting image of her Sire! Definitely two to watch in the future.

That's it for today but I'm hoping to get more updates done over the next week or so! :slight_smile:

• Omg looking forward to your updates! I'm glad to see you back :D

Baphomet is GORGEOUS

• my oh my, Dalwin :heart_eyes: what a big old hunk of a horse! Dalwin looks like a total powerhouse!

• I really love Baphomet but your horses are amazing ! I can't wait to see more :D

• So happy to see you back and posting! What a cute pair - horse and rider. I look forward to see more of your stables and horses :heartbeat:

• So awesome to see you back around, Toni! I've missed your updates, I love how realistic and every-day-like you make them.
    You've got two very handsome, successful boys there! I specially like Baph, since he is a combination I'm quite crazy about - roan and tobiano :heart_eyes:. He also looks lovely with Maia.
    Your Dalwin boy really has a gentle and sweet face, it seems to match his personality fairly.
    I'm looking forward on seeing more updates of yours :two_hearts:

• Competition Committee

@Siri-Kane said in A I M S I R ♣ E Q U E S T R I A N - 10/07 - We're back! Small update for now.:

Omg looking forward to your updates! I'm glad to see you back :D

Baphomet is GORGEOUS

Thank you <3

@Marquis-Moulin said in A I M S I R ♣ E Q U E S T R I A N - 10/07 - We're back! Small update for now.:

my oh my, Dalwin :heart_eyes: what a big old hunk of a horse! Dalwin looks like a total powerhouse!

He is! He's amazing and a complete tank.

@Shagaia-Nedja'ri said in A I M S I R ♣ E Q U E S T R I A N - 10/07 - We're back! Small update for now.:

I really love Baphomet but your horses are amazing ! I can't wait to see more :D

Baphomet has quite the following. He's a handsome chap. Thank you! Hopefully have more updates tomorrow :)

@Jasmine-Wilkinson said in A I M S I R ♣ E Q U E S T R I A N - 10/07 - We're back! Small update for now.:

So happy to see you back and posting! What a cute pair - horse and rider. I look forward to see more of your stables and horses :heartbeat:

Thank you <3 Glad to be back.

@Fernanda-Luchetta said in A I M S I R ♣ E Q U E S T R I A N - 10/07 - We're back! Small update for now.:

So awesome to see you back around, Toni! I've missed your updates, I love how realistic and every-day-like you make them.
    You've got two very handsome, successful boys there! I specially like Baph, since he is a combination I'm quite crazy about - roan and tobiano :heart_eyes:. He also looks lovely with Maia.
    Your Dalwin boy really has a gentle and sweet face, it seems to match his personality fairly.
    I'm looking forward on seeing more updates of yours :two_hearts:

Thank you so much! That's really lovely of you to say <3
    Both boys are special and amazing. :two_hearts:

• Competition Committee

We're still waiting for most of our cottages to be fully decorated for our staff however, one is now completed and this will be Robin and Flynn's new home. Robin, who we introduced briefly previously, is our head groom alongside Maia and Flynn is his partner so it makes sense for them to move in first! :slight_smile:

Flynn's rides moved back today with Maia's pony and I've also given her one of my rides but I'll go into more detail on that tomorrow :P

Flynn worked both his horses this evening so I grabbed some pictures to introduce him!

We started with RFE The Rufus on Fire AKA Rufus Jnr. He was a gift from @Lidija-Rotherford who is an amazing friend :heart: He is still very babyish and doesn't seem to be growing up! :joy: He's very playful and just so excitable under saddle... on the ground he is just dopey and cheeky. We love him, though as he's just so much fun to have around.

After a warm up session, with me giggling at him not doing a thing he was told due to the excitement of the new indoor arena, he popped over a few fences. Flynn really got him thinking which seemed to calm him down as he couldn't focus on being naughty as well as jumping! I caught the first jump on camera which was just the best as Flynn wasn't expecting him to charge and leap quite as much as he did :joy:

alt text

And just because he's handsome... here he is being a poser <3

alt text

After all of that excitement we tacked up WRNGS Acapulco AKA Polkapop in the hope of getting him worked before the sun went down. This amazing, handsome boy was a lovely christmas surprise from @Dimitri-Dane.

As you can see... he still doesn't quite understand that he only has to jump the height of the poles :face_palm: He's extremely talented but not the easiest ride. He unseats most riders as his backend is just unreal.

alt text

I'm lucky to have found a rider like Flynn. He's so gentle and builds such an amazing relationship with each of his rides.

alt text

Tomorrow we will be up at the stables bright and early so I can give Maia a lesson on her pony and the new ride of hers so I'll be sure to get some pictures of how that goes (plus i'm going to see the foals in the afternoon ;)) and update you all tomorrow! <3

• I love their coats it makes them very original but I have a small preference for Rufus :)

• Are those rabicanos? I had never seen one here! They are beautiful

• I love your indoor ring so much! Polkapop is so beautiful boy, he looks like a fun ride. Good on Flynn for being able to ride such a difficult horse

• Competition Committee

@Aurora-Bianchi said in A I M S I R ♣ E Q U E S T R I A N - 10/09 Flynn's Rides.:

Are those rabicanos? I had never seen one here! They are beautiful

Polkapop is a rabicano and Rufus is a Sabino 🙂

Thanks for the lovely comments, guys.

I’m currently in a lot of pain so in bed taking it easy... therefore I’ll post the other pictures tomorrow instead of today 🙂

• Rufus is f l y i n g. Looking fab :heart:

• I LOVE that picture of Baphomet jumping! So colourful <3

• Competition Committee

As promised, I wanted to share Maia's other rides. :slight_smile: I also went to see the foals however, weather limited us letting them out in the fields so I'll be sure to get better pictures to share soon!

Maia has had her main pony, IRCE Feena, for a while now. Sadly, being a teenager, she has had a random growth spurt and won't be riding Feena much longer. Her younger sister is due to join us next year so I think we'll see if her and Feena get along when the time comes. Feena is a lovely Connemara with the personality to go with it. She is bold, confident and cheeky but tries her hardest to please.

alt text

Maia gave her a quick pop around some of the fences I had left up from the big boys schooling sessions. She used the warm up fences which were a good height for her.

alt text

So, seeing as I'm aware that Maia will be losing her main ride shortly, I decided to have a think about who she could take on as her next ride. Maia has ridden our horses when we need an extra pair of hands for exercising so she's used to being on something much larger than little Feena. I currently have a wide variety of temperaments within my stables but I didn't want to give her something too easy as I think that giving her something a bit more 'challenging' to ride means she has to work to build a relationship with that ride and also means she will be a better rider for it. After lots of thinking and watching her ride a few of mine I decided that she would take over one of my own rides... RFE Minas Morgul. Gully came from @Lidija-Rotherford (shock... like the other half my stable :joy:) and has proven himself to be quite talented so far. Hopefully he will continue to follow in his Sire's footsteps! :)

Gully is far from an easy ride. When I first started working with him he was just too easy and I was waiting for his brain to kick in and for him to start testing me and boy did he! He keeps his rider on their toes as you never know when he's going to throw a tantrum or test your ability as a rider. That said, he is unbelievably talented and once you learn how to be one step ahead of him he is a joy to ride.

Maia will have to learn how to be one step ahead... He threw a few tests in for her whilst she was exercising him yesterday but she handled him very well and ended up working with him very nicely.

alt text
    alt text
    alt text

I'm super proud of her and I know she's excited for the future with him! I'm likely to keep competing him until the end of the season and then she will take over from there as it gives her a chance to get used to him at home first :slight_smile:

Hopefully some more of our staff will be moving home over the weekend so that means I'll be able to introduce them individually with their rides over the weekend :slight_smile: So keep an eye on the blog!

Thanks for reading <3

• I was not aware how Gully is playing with you hahaha Young ones, what can ya do!

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.