Sanders Family Farms - 01/11 WRNGS Chevalier de Couleur

• alt text

Horse's Name: Galileo's Heinz 57
    Grade Type: Progenitor
    Coat: Silver Black Sabino
    Breed Makeup (Percentages): 20% Freiberger, 20% SAE, 30% TB, 10% Teke, and 10% Rocky Mountain Horse 10% Welsh Mountain Pony (Section A)
    Image(s):

alt text
    alt text
    alt text

Story/Roleplay:

Dear Diary,
    I was ticked! Almost a year ago the neighbors mutt jumped into the paddock with my very well titled Thoroughbred mare. I had been waiting until she reached her 200 point milestone before getting a final foal from her! But nope...this mutt of a stallion that the neighbor just had as a pasture ornament jumped the fence and bred her. Right after we found out she was wtih foal I demanded he get a genetic test done on that stud. After the 6 week wait on the results here comes this old man knocking on my door firs thing in the morning, "Here is those darn test results you demanded ma'am. Nothin' to special just a mutt." I was actually happy to see that it wasn't a bad mix up of breeds and we might end up with a decent result...hopefully.

I waited..and vetted, and tended to my mare who seemed just as mad as I was about the whole thing. She was about 4 weeks to her due date when I was making dinner and I glanced over at the foal watch on the laptop. Fox was down and you could see just below her lifted tail the foals feet. I dropped the bread dough I was making and ran to the barn. Storming...of course it was. I called the vet as an early foal was an emergency to me.

After 3 hours...the little colt was here and I was in love with his coloring. He was smaller, though with the arabian and even some welsh pony blood in him it didn't surprise me. But this was tiny compared to his dam who was 16.4. Vet gave him a good chance at being a strong well balanced colt as he grew up. This pleased me as just from looking at his scrawny frame....he still had one heck of a powerful back end to him.

As the last 4 years have gone by Heinz has been my trouble maker and secret love. He plays pranks on the other horses, opens his stall, hogs all the grain and hay. Acts like he's as big as the warmbloods or other horses in his pasture even though he's a lot smaller. For a mutt...he was something special and I could see his true potential once he started his training in show jumping.

-Dallas

• Western Imports English Imports Other Imports
    alt text alt text alt text
    alt text alt text Column 2 Cell 1
    alt text alt text Column 2 Cell 1
    alt text Column 2 Cell 3 Column 2 Cell 1
    alt text Column 2 Cell 2 Column 2 Cell 1
    Column 1 Cell3 Column 2 Cell 3 Column 2 Cell 1

• Horse's Name: Galileo's Magic Mike
    Prompt: ""Marc Sander's Horse is lose with a beginner rider and tries their best.""
    Photos:

The Ride The Spook The Lecture

Story:
    It was a beautiful fall day at Galileo Stud. Chirping birds, a couple deer grazing near by in the pasture and the horses demanding their breakfast. Dallas was itching for a day like this so her and Emery could go for a trail ride. They talked about where they would go while they each fed one side of the barn, that was when Zoey came in for the day. Now, Zoey is still new to the stable, and only here because the local Juvi. Center said it was her last hope before being locked up in a small cell for the next 25 years. She had "ridden" before when she was younger, come to find out she rode stock horses on her grand fathers ranch in Nevada from time to time and most were so old nothing would spook them. So...her job was to clean the stables, move horses from the pastures to their stalls and vice versa, and clean the tack. Dallas was in the process of teaching her how to ride but only on the more laid back horses at Galileo.

• "Hey, can I join you two?" Zoey asked with a hopeful look on her face. I wanted to say no, I really did because the horse she was used to riding was down for the day due to a thrown shoe.
    • "I don't know Zoey, the only horse that isn't training today or being riden by us is Deja and Magic." Deja was still learning herself as an endurance horse and was high strung, not to mention wasn't to keen on Zoey's loud mouth and hard hands and Magic...well Magic was Brightside's son and a high strung stud horse that even my best rider had a hard time riding.
    • "I can ride Magic! He leads just fine for me! Lets me groom him! Even do his hooves and give him a bath! He's a goodboy for me!" She was acting like an excited child and it was annoying to me today.
    • "Fine. But if you go over a slow relaxed walk with him or do anything stupid you will work the manure pile for the next month and not see the world from in the saddle for a long time unless its on the old plow pony we have as a pasture mate to the youngsters!" I glared hard at the 16 year old standing before me.

Then she jumped up and squealed like a cheerleader who I was just asked to prom by the quarterback, something I never understood most girls doing over guys but to each their own. I watched her go to get Magic's gear and rolled my eyes at her stupid tennis shoes she insisted on wearing recently over the riding boots I had bought..."Dumb" was all I could think.

Emery and I got AKS The Cats Meow & Fae's Fauna from their stalls and started to brush them down and get them ready for a ride, all the while I kept looking down the way as Magic stood there chewing on what I could only assume was the carrot Zoey had given him while he got tacked and brushed down as well. Emery and I talked while we worked and I glared as Zoey tried to walk out of the barn with Magic before we did. She stopped and waited....and waited.

Finally we all set out. We rode ahead of Zoey and Magic thinking that might help keep everyone in line and through this ride without any mishaps, man was I wrong! I had told her before we ever left to turn down her stupid cell phone or even leave it behind! Did she listen?! Nope! Out of no where the lyrics "Let The Bodies Hit The Floor" started growling from behind us, a moment later we heard a series of curse words and the thundering of hooves...I looked back and there went Magic with Zoey screaming at the top of her lungs. He...was finding this amusing! Damnit Magic" His tail was high, ears forward and that spark in his eye. They were long gone! Emery quickly rode back to the barn to get Deja and I trailed after Dumb and Dumber muttering curses the entire way.

• "How stupid could you be! I gave you rules before we ever left the damn barn and did you listen?! NO!" I didn't wait to start going off on the girl, I found her and Magic sitting by the creek her on the ground and him grazing. Cats hooves had just stopped and I was still ripping Zoey a new one
    • "You had no right to have the volume up that loud when we were out here! Not to mention on Magic who anything loud makes him go nutso on whoever is on his back and play lets see how long this one will last! You will do barn chores for the next 4 weeks. No lessons, no contact with the horses NOTHING! This includes cleaning the pastures of manure and weeds they can't have, this includes washing every single bit, bridle, and saddle on the property. " I kept listing off her new chore list as Emery came up laughing at my rantings.

I never once let Zoey cut a word in edge wise, I had her get on Fauna who was bomb proof, Emery rode Deja, and I stayed on Cat. Thankfully, Magic had a thing about following Cat around like a love struck puppy so he stuck close, ran circles around our group or walked along side nipping at Cat the entire way back to the barn. I continued to lecture, Emery continued to laugh, and the moment Zoey's phone rang again Fauna gave a tiny buck and sent it flying...it landed right under Magics feet during one of his circles and crushed it to tiny pieces...we all laughed over that one...all of us except Zoey. Who not only had barn chores...but was required to write me a 5 page essay on why horses and phones don't mix and the importance of the rules of my stable....

• alt text
    alt text
    I said goodbye to you today my lovely Stradivarius...You were okay last night when we bedded you down and put your rug on you and your only foal, thankfully a few months old now. We always had a farm hand check the horses in the middle of the night..thats when he found you down. My phone rang off the hook and the news was delivered. I called the vet as I threw on my rob and rushed to the barn already barking orders to all hands on deck and working to get you onto your feet. My boyfriend and I worked and worked to get you up as the on call vet rushed in. I saw the grim look on Shaun, the vet, face as he stood and shook his head. "Colic" was the only words I heard and then I again tried to get my big girl up. Tears rushing down my face I begged for Stradi to stand, this time she stood but she was still in bad shape. The vet had us get her to our on site clinic...then it was a waiting game and Shaun and his crew worked to save Stradi. While we waited I bottle fed her foal, brushed the little filly who was still unnamed. I fell asleep sitting on the hall floor with the fillys head in my lap...that is until Shaun came out of the OR. He shook his head and that was all I needed....I stood with the little filly in tow...."David...you can handle things from here yea? I'm going to go to the pasture with Transcendence".

Months Later
    Tragedy Strikes again
    alt text
    You were the boy that started it all....without you Galileo would not exist...without you I would never have joined the family love for horses. You came to us from Celeridad when we were searching for the perfect horse to begin our journey...and what a beautiful journey it has been until last weekend when we were moving you to our new home in the mountains...I had trusted my brother to take you up there. I was still back at home finishing up the last walk through of the old barn and house to make sure nothing was missed or left behind, that's why my phone rang as I was walking past your old stall. I got a chill when I answered and heard Colts voice on the other end...it was hollow and shaken. He started to talk a million miles a minute, started to talk about a dumbass teenager o ntheir phone and then everything was a blur from texting and driving to the back of the trailer being caved in and now on it's side....I hadn't realized I sat down on my knees in the barn isle. My brother finally slowed down and told the entire story...but all I needed to know was that you were gone...and I wouldn't be greated with your nickers in the morning and begs for apples while I tended to other horses. You left behind a gorgeous little hispano-arab filly....your only off spring at Galileo Stud. I still had a piece of you...and I know now you're reunited with Liro your lovely queen.

alt text
    Foxxy...what am I going to do with you. The near black mare was down right irritated due to being stuck in a stall until further notice (at least 2 weeks). The vet thinks she was playing to rough and stepped wrong...causing her hoof to split and a sprain in her knee and some how injuring her right hip. I stood talking to the vet after he finished looking her over, her colt stood across the way at the wash bay looking on with curious ears. "She will either need a year away or simply to retire to brood, she's had a great career. Already has one lovely foal who is doing great from what I can see. Let her rest now Dallas." I stroked the mares soft muzzle and nodded. "I'll get the paper work sent in where it's needed to officially retire her. I may only breed her once more and then let her be a nanny mare for the youngsters once she's healed and a light lesson horse once a year has gone by." Foxxy Cleopatra....the first TB we started for show jumping and one of our most successful mares but also a temper of a mule. I took her show tack to the far tack room to be hung up until we had a new horse that fit it...and removed her name plate from her saddle and bridle. It could be worse...but instead now I have a lovely broodmare to make some more pretty foals for showing in the future.

alt text
    alt text
    *TY Tattooed Romeo
    Tattooed Romeo was my great great grandfathers horse....one of the oldest at the ranch. Rian Swift caught and tamed this big boy when he first started the family farm known originally as Tybar ranch. As the ranch passed hands and changed names, Romeo went along for the ride always being one of the best ranch horses and top comp horses we had. Being a mustang he was hardy and turned on a dime. From Reining to Cattle work he was one of the best. His offspring were proving to show the same qualities as he does and we are glad for this, especially after the storm last night. We were working on bringing the horses in, which normally Romeo goes into herding mode and helps, but tonight I noticed the hard limp in his back left leg, I personally led Romeo into his stall and called the vet while the rest of the ranch hands brought the remaining horses in from the rain and wind. When the vet arrived to look the old boy over it was plain to see, Romeo was done competing and could finally retire to be a pasture horse. When the vet finished her once over she confirmed what I had thought. Romeo was lame, we decided we would collect a couple straws and have him gelded the following week. He would be able to run the mare pasture and relax the rest of his years. I patted Romeo on the neck as I pour grain into his bucket and put his rug on. His oldest colt stood in the stall beside him head held high as if to say, "The king has stepped down and it's my turn to fill his shoes" I chuckled at the thought and went to finish my tasks to the other horses
    Other Horses retiring Today

• Narrative - TB - Barreling Racing - Fell lame due to unknown reasons
    • RAHS Expresar - Criollo - Reining - Back injury at pasture
    • IEF Phantome - APH - WP - Local dogs caused injuries to her and others retired due to injuries and skittish of loud sounds
    • SK Snowblind - Dom white aph - Eye injury leading to partial blindness gelding with straws and retired to pasture

• alt text

Member Name: Marc Sanders
    Stable Represented: Galileo Stud
    Horse Name: GATE'S Vulcan
    Class Entered: In Hand - Hack
    Rider/Handler: Dallas Sanders
    Image:

alt text

Story (optional): Vulcan was the newest, untested horse at Galileo and of course my cousin insisted on showing him in the stud show in order to get a good feel for the horse. Thankfully his early morning class was small and the crowd hadn't gathered in full force yet. He was gentle, focused and even more important..perfect. He stood calm and quiet and waited for the judges to do their thing.

@Octavia-Ryland

• alt text

Member Name: Marc Sanders
    Stable Represented: Bay River Parl
    Horse Name: WPW Rowan
    Class Entered: In Hand - Galloway (14hh to 15hh) - Uendited
    Rider/Handler: Sara Smith

alt text

Story (optional): From his first show until now Rowan was finally no longer feared by the stable staff as the over dramatic stallion. His manners were well trained, he was sweet as could be...though if a cool breeze or day was in the forcast he got playful and wanted to stay on the pasture until the end...but today...he moved with liquid grace and posed well for the judge and the camera...

@Nikki-Calvaria

• Member Name: Marc Sanders
    Stable Represented: Galileo Stud
    Horse Name: HAX Shameless
    Class Entered: In Hand - Hack - (15hh & Over) - Unedited
    Rider/Handler: Bobbi Cloud

alt text

Story (optional): Shameless got his name simply by being just that...he has no shame for anything he does. He's a young 5 year old stud that wants to play...even if it comes down to training. He took the bridle off the hook the other day and would make sure it was out of his handlers reach...side steps when you go to saddle him...and some how has figured out how to get his bell boots off when he's standing there doing nothing. All with that "I'm cute and Innocent look on his face"

@Gina-Jolie-Richards

• alt text
    This lovely stallion comes to us from @Dimitri-Dane.
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text

• I love Shameless ! Just stunning!

• what a gorgeous boy! :heartbeat:

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.