Zinnia's Photobook | Hellcat (09/20)

• text alternatif

Welcome to my scrapbook :star2:
    This blog will feature all the happenings at my stable Rocky Mountain Estate. (Despite our stable name) Our horses and facilities are kept in Austria and Italy. We have been around since 2014, so this blog will feature some of my older horses. Soon I hope to start up a new stable named Amiata Riding School, centered primarily around my Lipizzaners and other baroque breeds. RME focuses primarily on the horses well-being. We use alternative horse therapies for both their mental and physical health, and they are all thoroughly knowledgeable on working on the ground. I hope you enjoy your stay at my blog, I am going to try to be more interactive with everyone, and post more frequently. (Hopefully this blog will be more more organized than my last one!) :heart:

• Hall of Fame
    Coming Soon!!

Coming Soon Coming Soon Coming Soon
    alt text alt text alt text
    Coming Soon Coming Soon Coming Soon
    - - -

• Broadway and Berlioz

The air was cool and foggy. The now visible grass was covered in frost, possibly left by the morning faeries... Walking quietly down the narrow dirt path, closed in by bushes, hedges, and trees, was a dapple grey stallion. He was accompanied by two girls, Adaliina and Elsie. They arrived into the grassy pasture/arena, and Adaliina tightened Broadway's girth and checked to make sure his noseband was loose enough. The dappled stallion was previously a very successful Grand Prix dressage mount with @Callixta-Rosella. He's now retired from competition, but Elsie has been taking him on long trail rides and working with him on the ground. Whenever Elsie rides Broadway she takes him in a bosal, but today Adaliina was having a lesson on him. Adaliina had never ridden in a bosal, so Elsie thought it would be best if she used a 'regular' bridle with an egg-butt snaffle bit. Elsie gave her student a leg up and Broadway walked on, he was as cool as a cucumber. Adaliina was not used to riding a powerful dressage horse. She has two main mounts, our sweet Finnhorse Anneli, and our equally as sweet and mellow Oldenburg, Oliver Twist. They are wonderful horses, but a lot different to ride than Broadway! Elsie had invited Adaliina to ride Broadway to learn a few things from the wise stallion. Throughout the lesson Elsie had Adaliina doing all sorts of stretches and exercises. Elsie had Broadway stay on a liberty circle (although he's not at liberty, he was going around Elsie in a circle while she was giving him the cue for his liberty circles!) and he didn't seem to mind going at a nice and easy trot. The lesson only lasted about 25 minutes, afterwards Adaliina rode him around the trails, allowing him to relax his muscles. When they arrived back to the barn Elsie gave the stallion a simple massage (Adaliina watched and tried to learn the techniques.), and before going back out to join his herd Adaliina fed him his daily herbs. :salad: :heart:

Broadwayyy :3
    alt text

Recently we have been given the opportunity to lease the magnificent Berlioz HF from @Eowyn-Vance! I have absolutely fallen in love with him. One of my biggest equus dreams was to have one of Merida's horses, since I've joined (and even before that!) I've been a big fan of Merida and her horses. Finally I got the opportunity to pamper Berlioz (thank you Eowyn!). In these pictures I was riding Berl bareback and taking advantage of the disappearance of the slippery snow and ice! It was great fun, afterwards Berl requested some cuddles. It was a nice surprise for him to ask for cuddles since he is a bit shy, but lately he has gotten to know me better and is getting more and more enthusiastic! :hugging:

ahh
    alt text

This update featured:
    Broadway, Berlioz HF, Elsie Buchanan, Zinnia Arvi, and Adaliina Laukkanen

Thank you for visiting! I will introduce my characters and horses more thoroughly as this scrapbook gets going. If you have any questions like what’s a Broadway? feel free to ask haha. But for now I hope you enjoyed. :heart:

• Berlioz, always gonna be one famous pon!

• The Spanish Mare's

Each evening at approximately 19:45, Sonadora and Vistosa gallop through a field thick with poppies. We assume, in hopes of meeting the evening train, which adventures to France and back to Italy. Their desire for adventure sparks at 19:25 when the distant sound of the rattling train echoes through the mares meadow. It may seem strange that out of a herd of five Spanish mares, only these two are put in the train's enchanting trance. Perhaps though, there is something more to the train that seems to call their names. We may never know. But in the least we value 19:45 to be a sacred time for these two Spanish beauties to stretch their legs and race into the sunset. :sunrise_over_mountains:

ruunnning
    train

This update featured:
    YDA Sonadora and YDA Vistosa

Thank you again for visiting! This was a bit of a last minute photoshoot for the challenge Callixta is hosting. I had this sort of idea in my head for awhile, that idea being these two girls posing in this sort of way with the poppies. I'm happy with how soft things turned out, and that my game cooperated! The only thing that's edited is their forelocks and some colour tweaking in photoshop.
    @Lidija-Rotherford haha I suppose so! But he definetly has his reasons for being "famous," he's cute as a button! :heart:

• oh wow! lovely angles and colors!

• What a beuties!! Look @Jessica-Owens!! They seem to be really happy together running between the poppies!!

• @Vera-Alvarez said in Zinnia's Photobook | The Spanish Mare's (06/08):

What a beuties!! Look @Jessica-Owens!! They seem to be really happy together running between the poppies!!

My babies!! They look so happy :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

• Berlioz's Herd

Berlioz has now been with us for three (possibly four..) months. Finally he has found two horses who seem to be a good match for him. The three stallions have a large field surrounded by bushes, rolling hills, and trees. They live a poetic and freeing life in their pasture. Just as horses should. In the past few days, construction of a small stone barn has begun. This stable is located at the forested part of the boy's valley. It's small, fit for three steeds. It is a perfect stable block for coming and going horses. Berlioz, Chalvados, and After Math love to go indoors when the weather is bad. And as you can see by the first picture, we have the three boys heading to their stalls because of the rain that was just about to fall. Because Berlioz has quickly become one of my favourite horse's, I have named the barn, "Berlioz's Barn." :heart: ((:crown:))

Broadwayyy :3

Berlioz seems to know that this barn was built for his herd. He's quickly become the leader of his herd and always surveys the land around him before heading into his stall for a slumber. After the rain had gone, I bathed Berlioz and braided his mane in preparation for profile pictures for a certain event... (hint, hint, it may have Pemberton in it's name..!)
    ahh

This update featured:
    RME After Math, Berlioz HF, and Honeybrook Chalvados

I hope this simple little update was okay, when I'm finished (or close to finishing) this barn I will present it! But for now it is still being constructed, I'm hoping it will turn out okay. :smile:
    @Jade-Nguyen Thank you! :heart:
    @Vera-Alvarez & @Jessica-Owens Thank you Vera for tagging Jessica! I'm so happy you got to see these lovely ladies again Jessica. :heart: :sparkles: Here's one more simple picture!

• aw look at them ❤
    they are definitely living their best life.

• Forgive me for not being overly articulate but:

@Zinnia-Arvi said in Zinnia's Photobook | Berlioz's Herd (06/24):

I bathed Berlioz and braided his mane in preparation for profile pictures for a certain event... (hint, hint, it may have Pemberton in it's name..!)

alt text

ZINNIA IS COMING ALONG

BE STILL MY FEEBLE HEART

Okay; I'm calm. mostly While I'm here: I love these updates you've made with Berlioz; I do so enjoy seeing horses I know in other peoples' games? There's something lovely about this sense of.. shared story it creates. Makes it feel like all our stables and characters really do exist in the same world and might cross paths. :slight_smile: I'm sure Eowyn is also similarly thrilled!

@Zinnia-Arvi said in Zinnia's Photobook | Berlioz's Herd (06/24):

One of my biggest equus dreams was to have one of Merida's horses, since I've joined (and even before that!) I've been a big fan of Merida and her horses.

We have that in common! :relieved: I feel like owning an HF horse is a bit like having a priceless piece long-lost art by one of the masters in your living room: the value is insane, it feels too good for you, and you don't quite know how you managed to end up with it, but you feel privileged that you have.

I look forward to seeing the rest of those barn pictures you're promised (it has such a calming country feel about it :relieved: ) as well as... whatever you care to post, really? There's a real care evident in these posts you've put together, in both the staging and the writing, one that really makes me feel like I'm reading emails from a friend, or flicking through the blog of a real stable somewhere. This is the sort of thing Equus needs more of. <3

• How did I miss all of this????? AHHHH :anguished:

First of all, it's so utterly bizarre seeing Berlioz with an actual mane and an actual forelock?? I feel like out of all the years I've had him he's just always had braids for some reason..though I suppose his mum was the same. Anything to not have to edit hair :sweat_smile:

I'm just so delighted seeing him and how much you enjoy him, he definitely went into a hiding a bit with me after the end of T shows. He's probably one of, if not the most, versatile studs when it comes to bonus points, it's just such a crying shame that his foals don't really do much or haven't been posted on the forum ;-; As disappointing as his stud career may be he's still my little grumpy brown pony <3 I'm glad he's finally making friends because I swear all he ever did in my game was stand in a corner digging for vegetables being anti social :laughing:

Again, I'm just so happy your happy, and I can't wait to see him at the certain P thing :wink:

• Last Summer, in Italy. Reposts

"Oh look at him, just look! He's an absolute prince."
    Pianello, a young Mount Amiata wild horse, came striding into the small grass arena surrounded by tall century old cypress trees. He carried himself proudly, his head high and neck arched, this wasn't him showing off. It was simply him. He naturally carried himself proudly, he was a tall well built war horse looking stallion. He threw his head up as the odd fly landed on his pink nose. It was a warm day in Italy and Pianello looked happy since he wasn't entered in any movement classes. Pianello is a rare one of a kind Mount Amiata horse, he's loyal, brave, and bold, a horse fit for a king. His striking features makes him look as if he were a marble statue.

Pi

The two of them, Anneli and Talvituli danced and pranced around in their movement class. The sun was hot, but covered by clouds at times giving the horses a break from the heat. However, the two dancing horses didn't seem to mind the heat. They loved playing with each other and both of them showed off at least five flashy movements each, warming the small crowd of people's hearts. Anneli always takes great pride in being able to show off to the world her little foal and of course do a little showing off for herself.

alt text

Alcatraz a young and rich liver chestnut Thoroughbred and Airider, a coal like dark bay Alt-Oldenburger, rested under a tall pale green tree that sat on top of a small hill. Occasionally one of the horse's would swish their tails or reach over lazily and scratch their stomachs. At the sight of Antonia and Eve's head bobbing up and down the two lifted their heads. Alcatraz whinnied happily, Airider perked his ears but soon continued sleeping. Approaching slowly Eve cooed at Airider who quietly nickered, she stroked his thick neck and pulled out her camera to snap a picture of his sweet face. Meanwhile, Antonia snuggled Alcatraz's face, speaking softly to him about her day.
    Today was the day our newest addition, Major Alcatraz, received a conformation picture. Our rider Antonia Reed has been riding and taking care of him recently, his natural talent and potential for classical dressage has been showing through with his weekly lessons with an experienced instructor.
    Alcatraz's hooves made a steady clip, clop as he walked down the stone paths heading towards a pretty bridge. Antonia led him to the middle of the bridge, halted him, and took of his halter and lead.
    "Okay Eve he's ready."
    "Do you have the treats?"
    "Yes."
    Antonia shook the treat bag,but at the same time asked Alcatraz to stay standing. Eve captured as many pictures of him as possible, smiling at his arched Arabian like appearance.
    little loves
    alt text

Addaliina and her handsome steed Oliver in their evening jumping lesson trying to beat the heat. Afterwards Addaliina and I rode out to one of the nicest places to watch the calm Italian countryside. Oliver and Augustin enjoyed the quiet hack, they got the chance to witness a cargo train go by. :heart:

OA

Sunsets

This update featured:
    Pianello, RME Anneli, RME Talvituli, RME Airider, Major Alcatraz AT, Antonia Reed, Addaliina Laukkenan, Oliver Twist, Tanns Augustin

My! Well this was a long update. I'm really hoping the formatting of this turns out okay! :fingers_crossed: All these pictures (and stories) were taken and made last summer when I was active on Equus Sims. Since it's summer I thought it was appropriate to finally repost these pictures. The horse mentioned before named Pianello was/is a horse I made last year. He was part of a project I was working on, I made a fictional breed (which is what he was) and I was hoping to make a club for the Mount Amiata wild horse breed... I'm now working on newer exciting things! I hope this update was okay, and thank you again for visiting! (And for the sweetest comments. :heart: :hugging:)
    @Maria-Jones Thank you so much Maria. :heart:
    @Ariadne-Waters OH MY GOSH! Where do I begin?! My heart has been so full since you left this utterly amazing comment. Never have I ever received a comment that's meant so much to me!! First, I'm so excited for this whole Pemberton experience that's arising. I've already thought out a solid entry plan... :thinking: You couldn't have written that any better. That's exactly how I feel about Merida's horses, they are such a treasure. I was so thrilled when Eowyn allowed me to lease sweet Berlioz. (My message asking her if I could lease him was quite a sight haha! Poor Eowyn had to read through a paragraph of nonsense :sweat_smile:) It has always been so important for me to one day experience having a HF horse (and possibly someday a SSE horse...) they are magical. Oh boy! I'm so self concious about my building skills ahhh, I'm hoping it turns out okay, but I definitely have plans to share the end, or near end result. Oh my Ariadne this compliment makes me blush! Thank you so much! I'm flattered about the staging? I struggle so much with staging my posts on this forum. I'm also flattered that my writing has sparked interest, I'd like to get more creative and write more stories soon, Pemberton will help me with that goal though. Anyways, I've rambled on a bit but thank you so much for this lovely comment. And thank you for your conversations on slack! I do hope our friendship can continue. :heart:
    @Eowyn-Vance This is so sweet! And honestly I agree with the whole mane and forelock thing. I usually try to avoid editing manes as much as possible, if I had a tablet or something easier than my laptop I'd edit manes like a mad man! However when I took this picture I thought that I really should practice. So voila! He was given a mane and forelock. :sparkles: Oh I know! I see all of Berlioz's babies on the main site but never actually see them. If the traditional shows were still in existence I'm sure we'd see a lot more of them. But with the ending of that lovely tradition I feel like a lot of horses and their offspring were sort of dropped. Berlioz has such a nice pedigree though, I wish his foals were around more! Anyways, thank you again for allowing me to lease this lovely guy! He's growing quickly as one of my favourite horses! :heart: :hugging: :heart:

• Wow I love your pictures! :heart_eyes:

• Dove, an Arrival, and a Sunset. Part I.

Dove and Elsie walked, trotted, cantered, and passaged (Dove's favorite) around the arena. Their instructor Phillipe sipped a glass of his rich Merlot, seeming a little more relaxed after each sip. Phillipe instructed Elsie strictly but always softened when it came to the horse. He, well.. Isn't a "traditional" trainer. His focus is completley on the horse's wellbeing, and movement. He tolerates no negativity thrown towards the horse. His knowledge runs deep. His 50 years of experience working with horses in France, Italy, and Austria has taught him a few things. One of his favorite horse's to watch and work with is Dove. This Palomino mare, who seems to have adventured out of a fairytale, has a way of capturing and holding people's hearts.
    Sitting on the sidelines, was Elsie's new close friend, Eve. As Eve watched her friend ride she allowed the sun to soak into her skin. She ate a fig and a piece of bread that was being offered at the little table. She watched as the palomino blob took shape as the mare came closer at a steady and controlled passage. Eve examined up and down. She watched as each time Dove's diagonal legs landed, her relaxed ears would flop a bit. Looking down, Eve noticed the intensity in the haunches (Dove has always had the habit of engaging her hind end very well). In the passage, Eve would catch glimpses of the tiny veins running through the two dancing hind legs. Occasionally a pesty fly would land somewhere on Dove's sensitive area's causing her tail to swish, rather elegantly at that. However, other times Elsie would make a mistake in her riding, or accidentally catch her mare's mouth during the more fiery movements, and this would cause an angry upwards swish.
    At 18:26 the lesson was over. Elsie patted her golden mare while discussing her riding and her plans with Phillipe. In a matter of ten minutes Phillipe was leaving, walking slowly back to stables and to his vehicle. Elsie did a few stretches to relax her own body. She noticed her friend sitting at the one little table, probably sleeping.
    "Hey there!" Elsie called out as she awkwardly threw her glove, which just landed on Eve's shoe. It sparked two different feelings in the girls, embarrassment and amusement. "Isn't it a beautiful evening?"
    "Yep, it's pretty peachy! Was Phillipe drinking wine?"
    "Oh yeah, he always has one glass of Merlot during his lessons in the evening. I think it may help him feel less stressed when I mess something up!" (Towards the end of Elsie saying this she had to begin yelling, I'm not too sure why she doesn't stop her horse when she wants to talk..)
    A few minutes later Eve joined Elsie in the arena, they talked some more, maybe also gossiped a little. And because Eve works with a lot of the mares in foal at RME she rambled on about all (not that there's too many plans) of the plans and mares and stallions and anything she could think of to tell Elsie about incoming babies!
    They were suddenly interrupted when a horse trailer pulled into the main stable complex. Getting out of the truck was Zinnia and Carlie. They (of course) parked the trailer in a way that made it impossible for either Elsie or Eve to catch a glimpse of who might be arriving. The two knew there was a horse because of Dove's reaction to the whole scene. She watched carefully and let out a very soft nicker, perhaps indicating it to be a stallion or gelding? Just then a rumble came from the trailer, it sounded like a horse somewhat frantically backing out of the trailer. A few seconds after a steady and then short strided and then steady again, clip clop followed. Eve and Elise heard a few horses whinnying, and Dove gave herself one more turn.
    Elsie kept a sharp gaze on the scene but slowly asked Eve; "Do you know who that is? I didn't know a new horse was arriving!"
    "I have no idea, I think? I don't think I remember anyone saying anything about a new horse. But I guess I have been hearing a lot about possible arrivals and departures. Darn! I must have forgotten!" The girls weren't able to go investigate right away. They had their own horse to take care of. They walked with Dove by their sides back to her barn. They discussed and tried to figure out who it could have been getting off that trailer. While they were walking they got to see the sunset, the water on the lake sparkled and shone a golden honey hue in the sun. Dove seemed to see something only she could see. Perhaps the sparkling shine was being caressed by dancing fairies, calling their sweet Dove back to them. Regardless, it was a beautiful sight to see. But both Eve and Elsie were caught up in trying to figure out and imagine who this mysterious horse could be, that the sunset didn't seem to matter too much to them.

Dove
    train

This update featured:
    SSH Morning Dove, Elsie Buchanan, and Eve Washington

Yes I did it! I wrote all of that. I hope you enjoyed the part I of this II part piece. I'm quite excited for the second part! :smile: Thank you to Ariadne for inspiring me to write more!! And thank you to @Callixta-Rosella who sold me the pretty little peach named Morning Dove. I refuse to believe that this horse isn't part something magical. Thank you to everyone for visiting my blog. :heart:
    @Lauren-Goldtree Thank you so much, I'm flattered. :blush:

• He's Here! Part II.

Elsie released Dove back into her field. The warm sun brought out the gold in the mare's coat.
    "Let's go see who this new horse is!" Elsie threw the lavender halter over her shoulder while joining Eve in running back to the barn. The walk back to where they had witnessed the arrival was just under 7km from where Dove was kept. Lucky for them there were a few bikes kept in the barn's storage area. The girl's grabbed the bikes and peddled the way they had taken Dove just a short while ago.
    Their arrival was anything but graceful or fulfilling. Eve had to swerve quickly on their mad dash and ended up crashing her bike. And because of Elsie's bellyache laughter she ended up stubbing her toe on a rock causing a pathetic limp (karma?). To end it all they found out that the new horse was taken to a different barn, which was another multiple kilometers away. Both girls were still a bit sore from their accidents and decided to crack the case in the morning instead.
    The arrival of the morning sent Eve practically flying to the barn. She ran against a beautiful backdrop of the sunrise. The trees seemed to be in a welcoming mood. The energy was calm and safe, with a quiet flow of happiness swirling through the air.

The Sunrise

Eve found Carlie who seemed busy tidying up, with a backpack strapped to her back. Eve approached with a single adamant question.
    "Oh Eve don't you remember? I told you about a month ago!"
    Eve thought on this, still though nothing came to mind. Carlie shook her head in disbelief.
    "Remember I told you that Zinnia had just talked to Alexa la Coupe about purchasing one of their horses? Oh come on Eve! You were cleaning Chalvados' stall and the wind blew the stall door and knocked over yo-"
    "Merlot! How in the world could I have forgotten? Where is he? I'd love to meet him, I even have my camera so I can take pictures of him!
    The two girls talked and walked towards a stall guarded with stable bandages and wraps.
    "Hello?!" Carlie poked her head in the stall. Standing quietly, gobbling down his breakfast was an almost surreal beautiful horse. The slight, warm morning rays of light brought an inexplicable depth of sheen through his coat. He shone a radiantly rich red with velvety black outlining his body.
    "Hello Carlie, Eve." A slight nod of her head and quick smile greeted the girls. But Zinnia quickly resumed her work on the big bay's legs.
    "Well Eve. This is Merlot FX. He's quite the stallion, is he not? You can see why he was named Merlot." As Carlie said this Eve scanned the stallion eating in front of her.
    "What breed is he? He's awfully big! Just look at that head!"
    Zinnia chimed in (while wiping poultice clay off her hands and onto a towel), "He is a Holsteiner, and his paper's say he is just under 17.1 hands. He seems bigger but I think that's just because he's built heavy. Unfortunately he got a bit nervous on the trailer, and his legs swelled a bit. I put some clay on his legs, now I just need to wrap them. I also gave him some Lavender and Chamomile to help calm his system."
    "Is he in training?"
    "Oh yes! He's a Show Jumpe-"
    "A Show Jumper! Opps I'm sorry, I interrupted. What were you saying?"
    "You just said it."
    "Oh right."
    To end the rather awkward silence Zinnia, who was still trying to get her hands sort of cleaned up, even though the clay was basically dried, started talking to Carlie. "Where are you going? It's Saturday and you are wearing your back pack."
    "I have flowers to deliver. And then I have to babysit for a few hours. Is there anything I, or Eve, could do to help before I leave?"
    "Could you guys help wrap his legs and then Carlie could you hand walk him? I'm going to cold hose them later if the clay doesn't help. At noon I'm going to put him in the paddock to let him relax out of doors." Zinnia seemed rather pleased to be getting help with Merlot.
    A few minutes later Carlie slipped a leather halter over his head and led him outside. Carlie was patient with the stallion. He perked his ears at each sound worth listening to. High above in the cypress tree were two birds, they swooped up and down. During a more intense flight they flew right past Merlot and Carlie. Prancing up and down and letting out an infamous dragon breath through his nostrils, Merlot was happy with his release. Quickly he went back to calmly walking and listening.
    Now looking at the time it was 17:34. Carlie arrived just as the unexpected clouds and fog swooped in. She had been babysitting for over six hours and was more than happy to make her way to a familiar and calm space. She felt an in-explainable connection to Merlot and visited him first. He stood against a backdrop of rich greens, smooth browns, and stormy grey skies. He looked content as he grazed and swiveled his ears at the occasional fly. Carlie only wanted to say hello and then go to leave her things in the lounge and hopefully find Zinnia. She softly approached Merlot. He seemed shy and only watched her, it was as if he was closely studying her.
    "Hello Merlot, my name is Carlie."

Merlot!
    alt text

This update featured:
    Merlot FX and Carlie Baker

Thank you for visiting! And thank you Alexa for trusting me with your special guy. :star2:

• Our First Foal of the Year, Rusalka.

Today I have exciting news! The breeding program around RME is slowly coming to a close as foals are being born and mare's are approaching their due dates. We are expecting more foals still, but today I'm overly proud and pleased to introduce our first filly. What makes me so excited is that she is sired by Solitary Vagabond CN (from @Christina-Lindblad, thank you again!), and her grand sire is Solitary Walker CN!! I can't believe how lucky I am to have been able to receive a foal so closely related to such a wonderful horse. I remember seeing pictures of Solitary Walker that Freya would post and be overly in awe of him, so it's crazy that now I have my own horse related to him! :scream: :heart:
    Anyways, I am happy to introduce RME Solitary Rusalka. Her dam is @Therese-Lind's (lovely) CNB Demure. Because Rusalka's dam is actively competing and living else where, we have our one and only Pb Aurora (from @Merida-Dahmer) caring for the little (well in Aurora's case, not so little) filly. As you can tell from the pictures Rusalka is a palomino, inheriting the soft (and hopefully golden in the future) coat from her Sire's side. She, unlike all her family members, has no markings. We were sort of hoping for a cute snip or star or something, but nope! Poor Aurora is so short that "her" little filly is taller and quicker. Luckily for Aurora, Rusalka doesn't like to stray to far from her guardian. We expect Rusalka will mature to be 16hh. The reason for this little one's name? The first part, 'Solitary' is taken from her Sire and Grand Sire. I wanted to incorporate their legacy into her's. The second part, 'Rusalka' is taken from the female Slavic entity. After only a few days of getting to know our Rusalka, we knew this was the perfect name for her. She has a bit of a malicious streak towards things, not in a terribly dangerous way, but she definitely can show unkind behaviors towards humans and unknown horses. She as well, is quite independent but mixed with her shyness you may not be able to tell. She loves to explore, but always gallops (or a version of gallop) back to Aurora when something seems intimidating. Hopefully she'll become braver! If she likes and trusts you she is very loving and fiercely loyal. She'll be sure to be one heck of a teammate when she grows up. (If you'd like to hear a funny story keep reading!) After I decided on Solitary Rusalka as a name and figured out her personality, I learned the meaning of Vagabond (her sire's name). Vagabond means, "a person who wanders from place to place without a home or job." I found that sort of funny because of Rusalka's decided personality and name.

alt text

ahh

This update featured:
    Pb Aurora, and RME Solitary Rusalka

• Oww I had never seen a Fjord here in Equus! Congrats on your baby

• oh my goodness, :heart_eyes: Rusalka is so beautiful!

• Piccolo.. Is That a Belly..?

As I said in my last post there are certain mares who's due dates are coming to a close. One of those mare's is our very own Piccolo Segreto. Around the barn she is more affectionately known as 'Cola.' This will be Cola's very first foal! The Sire is named Redemeer D'Auroy, this stallion is related to some of the loveliest sport horses on Equus. :hugging:
    So far Cola has taken fairly well to pregnancy. Her strength from her dressage background has helped her carry the (big) baby with ease. These past few days Cola has been getting a bit more hormonal, although she carry's the foal with ease, she has had a hard time with the hormones involved. We have been trying to help sweet Cola as best as we can with different herbs and supplements. There was a noticeable difference during most of her pregnancy, but now as she creeps closer to the due date... Well, she has been having a harder time. She sticks close to her new found friend Remix, who has been offering great support. Antonia, who is Cola's guardian, was able to take a quick picture of the two mares who noticed something off in the distance.

Cola

"Cola! Remix!" Antonia called to the two mares who could. not. have their attention taken away from whatever was happening in the distance. Antonia clicked her camera and later found that all the pictures she had taken were almost identical. Just different angles. But as she searched through her camera roll better, she noticed some pictures of the trees and other plants in our outdoor arena. It seemed to suit her other captures okay.
    "Oh! How could I have forgotten." At the very beginning of her camera was a picture she had snapped of a standing Cola after receiving a bath. Antonia wanted a quick but nice picture of the mare and her belly. She bathed Cola and braided her mane and forelock to get a sweet picture. And she succeeded, the end product is a rather shiny and clean Cola posing for Antonia's clunky brown camera.
    ahh

This update featured:
    RME Piccolo Segreto (+1), and RME Remix

Thank you to everyone who visited my blog, I love getting your upvotes and above all I just love seeing and reading your comments. It truly brings me so much joy and motivation. So thank you. :heart: Also, fun fact, as I write this I am listening to Lana del Rey's new album, 110% recommend listening to it. Thanks again for all the love I've gotten on my blog. :heart:
    P.S. Remix is for sale! Please contact me if you're interested. ((Also Lana's new album is too good. Please listen.))
    @Aurora-Bianchi Heh there are a few Fjords galloping around in the shadows, they come out for the occasional spotlight... Thank you! :heart:
    @Wilder-M-Bernardi Ahh! Thank you so much!! :two_hearts:

• PR Committee

So apparently the forum just doesn't tell me when you update here, I have so much to catch up on!

I love the summer in Italy post; and I admire the breed you created! I remember a challenge on the other forum to make a breed, I opted to make this big chunky lazy thing that thoroughly did resemble myself :clap: but after a few attempts at spring cleaning folders and a traumatic laptop death, I no longer have the files. But it was really fun to have something so different to my Warmbloods in game. They looked so tiny in the end :laughing:
    I love to see Ollie still around and being enjoyed :two_hearts: and look at the lovely scenery of... Monte Vista?

Ahhhh, and Dove too! I somehow forgot about her, she really didn't get much love with me :( So thank you for making that up to her! She has a great home with you now.

And you have a Fjord!! I didn't know that but as a heads up, I want to see lots more of her :kissing_closed_eyes: She looks adorable baby-sitting Rusalka; who is absolutely gorgeous. Congrats on breeding yourself such a sweet little thing, and with a great pedigree you admire too! That's always an accomplishment :trophy:

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.