Help with barn focus/type?

• Hi guys, I hope this is the right section for this!
    I'm new here, and I've been slowly working on building my barn and thinking of ideas for stories for the past few weeks. I'd like some help/advice - I'm a little interested in competing occasionally, but not enough to focus my barn around it. I'm more interested in taking pretty pictures and writing stories about my barn through my blog. Maybe also a bit of breeding.
    Is it acceptable to have a "boarding barn" that does a bit of everything with lots of different characters who own the horses at the barn, or maybe some sort of lesson barn? Or does everyone usually choose just one thing (breeding, competing, etc) and stick with it?

• That's really creative! EC gives you the power to be creative, and allows many things. With the new Rider Registration, it does give the feeling of having a few boarders at your facility. A 2 horse limit for each boarder. Have lessons for photo opportunities, for any age. It could give you a huge role playing option to have clinics of other EC members, you know? If you ever host clinics at your facility, I will pay to send a few riders and horses to you! <3

Realistically, most real barns board, compete and some even breed. At least around me.

• I really like the idea of a boarding barn business. It's quite different to what most people here do, so it could be interesting :)

• @Veola-Loveless Thank you for your encouragement and advice! I love the idea of hosting a clinic. I'm excited to finish building my facilities and start my blog :)
    @Samantha-Jadirea Thanks! My main site registration just went through so I should be able to start soon!

• If you need help or anything, please don't hesitate to come to me! :)

• Moderation Committee

Welcome to equus!
    You can do pretty much anything you want here, as long as it's within the equus rules. A boarding barn sounds like a really cool idea :slight_smile:

Don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions or concerns, my inbox is always open :heart:

• @Anna-Hertler Thank you so much! I will take you up on that if I run into anything :)

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.