[Ongoing] Random Theme Challenge

• PR Committee

alt text

{Ongoing challenge, until we run out of themes}

I was going to attempt to complete a much smaller scale of this challenge myself over summer to try and kickstart my interest in sims again, as well as try and get creative with pictures, ideas, writing etc. Eventually I decided to post this as a community challenge in the hope that some of you guys will participate too. This is meant to be nothing more than a fun creative challenge; there's no prize or reward for entering other than a mental pat on the back and the right to a plate of cake; although I do believe you can throw this on your member achievement tracker, if you have one. There are pretty much no rules other than to have fun, and I'm always happy to get feedback, wiggle around times between themes to suit the community better.

The Point of This Challenge?
    To have fun - push yourself into trying new; whether its showing off a horribly unloved sim, trying new angles or editing techniques or just actually the fact you managed to load your game, this is meant to be nothing more than lighthearted and creative, and of course you can share your entries in your blog / social media blogs too. I've been sticking to my comfort zone for so long now I can barely remember the pointless stories I used to write or the cluttered barns I would spend days building back when I first started playing sims so this challenge was at first invented to push me into trying something new; someone please join me in this :pray:

The Rules
    - Each three weeks I will post a new theme; themes have been created by myself and many of you wonderful people on slack too (Thank you for those suggestions :heart: ) and from then, you have two weeks to create whatever type of entry you can come up with.
    - You can post just a story, just a picture, both...whatever you want. You can post more than one picture in your entry and there's no cap length on a story you'd like to submit too.
    - You can enter multiple times per theme if you have lots of ideas, I'd love to see lots of lovely entries :hugging:
    - If you're unsure about anything, first of all ask google. Google can be your best friend sometimes and I'll fully admit I had to research what some of the suggested themes mean; but if you're unsure about anything at all or lack a specific type of custom content to pull off your entry idea, post in the chatter thread and I'm sure some kind soul here will help you out.
    - You can edit your pictures to your hearts content; there's no winners or voting system or classes at all; you can post pictures right from your game or spend days tweaking them, that's up to you.

The Stuff That Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else
    I'm completely open to extending or shortening the time frame per theme; two weeks seemed fair to me but especially with summer around the corner, I'm happy to adjust it if necessary. This challenge will be ongoing until we run out of themes; however if you'd like to suggest themes for future weeks then you're more than welcome to message them to me here or on slack. I've probably forgotten some details that are important but hopefully we'll all muddle through this together. I really hope to see some entries, but please don't hesitate to post on the chatter thread if there's any type of problems or feedback :sparkles: :sparkling_heart:

A big thank you to @Thea-Radmer for kindly donating three custom Appaloosa markings to everyone who enters this challenge. I'll send the gifts out to every participant at the end of each theme. You can see the markings here, here and here :heartbeat:

• PR Committee

Theme running from 18th May-8th June

and the theme is... Poppies

Thank you to the mystery person who suggested this theme; feel free to take credit in the chatter thread if this is your suggestion; I look forward to seeing all the pretty flower pictures soon :blush:

• Development Committee

Poppies ft. WPW Beekeeper
    alt text

• smiggy
    𝕤𝕞𝕚𝕘𝕘𝕖𝕟𝕤 𝕤

• PREFACE

Is this picture incomplete and the writing rough?

Big yes!

Have I lost interest in finishing it?

Bigger yes!

That is all; thank you.

Agatha didn’t talk much about her travels.

Did you take this photo?
    … Yes.
    It’s beautiful!
    … Thanks.
    The horse is gorgeous!
    He is.
    He looks like an Andalusian.
    I think he was.
    Wow. I’ve never seen an Andalusian in the flesh before. Did you take this in Spain?
    No. Here’s that form you wanted. I’ll see you tomorrow.

And that had been that.

She did not tell Dot how she’d been walking along the coast that day. Hat, boots, backpack. A rural area, out of the way. One of those rare parts of the Mediterranean without yachts and resorts and floods of ignorant tourists veiling the sparse and rough beauty of the surroundings. A beauty of dust and scrub and wild thyme scenting the breezes, of crickets and thicket birds and the long sun-tired whirring of cicadas. The sky that day had been sleepy and rainless. The sea murmured down below. She could hear it. See it, when she neared the cliff edge. Just had to look down and wait for the vertigo to clear. There. Below. Glittering and stirring like cobalt crystals. Racing up the narrow strips of sand, shattering upon the rocks. How wonderful the water would feel on her sun worn skin.

He’d been near the fork in the road, about 50 feet away. Free grazing in the unhurried way of a horse at ease, the sun drawing radiant lines over the curves of his body. Long and wild mane; tail catching in knee-high grass. Bridle tossed on the ground, no saddle in sight. As she’d neared she noticed the trio of figures in the water below and the barely-there trail zig-zagging from cliff top to shore. She’d looked back to the horse, wondering if he’d carried all three.

She would stop at a more private beach, but she would give him a pat first.

That was when Agatha noticed the flowers woven into his mass of hair. Loosening with each determined tug at grass, steadily dripping from his hair, adorning him with vivid red. She’d stared at him and for a beat he’d stared right back, entirely unconcerned.

That was when she lifted the camera.

Agatha did not talk about her travels because she preferred to keep those memories to herself. A memory shared was a memory tainted. Like a wilted flower losing petals as it is passed through many sets of hands, so were her private recollections damaged through the process of sharing. Each time a thought was called to mind it seemed it lose something. The brightness in the colours, the vibrancy of the soundscapes, the piquancy of the scents in the air- something. Something she wanted too much to preserve.

That was why she hadn't indulged Dot about the photo.
    It may have been selfish, but the memory of the clifftop horse and his poppies and countless others like it were something she wanted to keep for herself.

alt text

-     -                             BANDIDO III                             -     -
    P.R.E Gelding

• alt text

Tilda's all time favorite clothing brand is Marimekko, and particularly their iconic print Unikko – which literally translates to poppy. She loves it so much she even bought some fabric and made it into a saddle pad for her Fjord mare Freyja.

• alt text
    Ladies in the field
    Perlita S & Pascuala S

• alt text
    ABRC Mirdautas Vras & Joshua O'Gorman

• PR Committee

alt text

alt text

Food. Books. Animals. Flowers.
    Those were what Demet considered a daily necessity to be her true happy self; stars twinkling in the night sky and other people close by were a close second but since they'd thrown their money and souls into buying little Foxberry Farm, she'd realized just how simple and happy her life could be. She'd spent her free time trying to save the dying plants only to kill them further with drowning them daily, hanging soft fairy lights around the wooden beams holding the old barns together and purposefully placing her favourite books around the few comfortable resting areas on the farm for everyone to enjoy during their downtime.
    Her own downtime was simple and basic; Benedict would humour her awful sense of direction and follow her scrambling up the muddy trail that twisted along the cliff-edge overlooking the calm ocean. She'd been hesitant at first to let her beloved gelding Moose roam free; but he loved the outdoors as much as she did and most evenings they would find him close to the cliff, enjoying the mass of poppies that created a visual happy haven for them. As the sun lowered, Moose would grace them with his presence much to young Poggle's delight whilst Demet would sink her bare feet into the blanket of flowers encasing them and Benedict - he would capture the moments with his precious camera.

Featuring Demet Valentini, Benedict Rosella, Clayton L and not forgetting Poggle the pooch.

• alt text
    Pss Andor and Major Courtland
    They might not have been blood, but they were family, and when the flashes got too much, when the sounds of explosions seemed too real, when the cold hand of guilt threatened to crush her heart with the weight of those left behind, Andor was always there to help Grace shoulder the burden of memory.

• alt text
    Featuring: Wildwood Witch OX, WPW Lamashtu, Kevin Halloran, and Nora Pigott

~ A sky full of stars and he was staring at her. ~
    -Atticus

• Competition Committee

alt text

Featuring ART Maribor and Micha Kowen

• alt text alt text

MOS Chase Me Charlie :white_flower:

Abigail never thought she would have a horse to her self. Even though she had been riding since she was 5, having her own horse seemed far fetched.

Phone rings
    Stephanie: Hello, Essex residence?
    voice muffled
    Stephanie: He'll be delivered later today?
    muffled
    Stephanie: Alright, we'll see you around 3! Thank you, bu-bye!

Stephanie had secretly arranged to have a 4 year old, Quarter Pony brought to the farm. She bought this little guy with the idea of helping Abigail come out of her shell. Abigail has made a large improvement already, and it's just been 3 years. Stephanie thought if there was a horse for Abigail to come home to, it'll be beneficial.

3:00pm

Abigail hasn't gotten home from school yet, which was Stephanie's plan all this time. They unload Charlie without a problem, and plop him in the small pasture next to their house. Even though nothing has been in that pasture before they moved into the house, the pasture was beautifully covered in wild flowers.
    Stephanie never imagined how quickly this little pony would settle in. Within a half hour, Charlie was laying flat-out on his side, sound asleep. As Stephanie approached the sleeping pony, he woke up a little. He didn't stand up, he just looked at her, watching her.
    This is better than Stephanie could have ever hoped for. This easy going, young pony will hopefully be exactly that this family needs! <3

• x
    . . .
    "A silence with you is not a silence. But a moment rich in peace."
    Leonard Nimoy

• alt text

alt text

and i know red's your favorite color

• ladies
    --
    YDA Vistosa and YDA Sonadora, two of our lovely Andalusian mares.
    Each evening at approximately 19:45, Sonadora and Vistosa gallop through a field thick with poppies. We assume, in hopes of meeting the evening train, which adventures to France and back to Italy. Their desire for adventure sparks at 19:25 when the distant sound of the rattling train echoes through the mares meadow. It may seem strange that out of a herd of five Spanish mares, only these two are put in the train's enchanting trance. Perhaps though, there is something more to the train that seems to call their names. We may never know. But in the least we value 19:45 to be a sacred time for these two Spanish beauties to stretch their legs and race into the sunset.
    train

• PR Committee

First of all I want to say a huge thank you to everyone who entered this; it was wonderful to see so many lovely pictures, and also to see people try something different and fun. Also, there's now a participant gift very kindly donated by @Thea-Radmer, you can see pictures in the opening post and at the end of each theme, I'll send the gifts out to you all.

So with the Poppy themed all wrapped up, here we go again with the new theme running from 9th - 30th June

and the theme is... The Boss

Again, thank you to the mystery person who suggested this theme; feel free to take credit in the chatter thread if this is your suggestion. If anyone is struggling with ideas or specific content for your idea, just post in the chatter thread. Otherwise, I hope you guys have fun coming up with entries for this theme! :sparkles:

• Aww mann, i was hoping that i could make it to the poppy theme. but oh well, boss.... Hm, might have an idea xD

• 3am Boss-attude!

alt text

Chase looks at the security footage and sighs calling Allie in. "We have an issue!"
    Allie walks into the office pushing her hair out of her face. "You find out who tore our barn to pieces? I have not seen this kind of damage by a coon or possum before"
    He looks at her unamused before looking back at his computer with a glare "I am going to geld that spotted rat of yours. He prances around here after we close the barn like he owns the place."
    Allie tilts her head some "We have six spotted butts around here you could threaten to geld. Who could possibly get out?"
    Chase growls some "That spotted butt you just had to have. You know the one. The rat who hates everyone but you and thinks he is the boss"
    She watches him with amusement "Well that could be Max, Dandy, Prince or King. Take your choice."
    He prints out the photo for her "Buy a new lock for his stall door. A floor lock as well as a top lock. Or I'll change our entire barn to accommodate him."
    She takes the photo and laughs. "Yes Prince is the boss around here. At least he did not breed your sweet mare." She laughs again walking out tisking to the stallion in his stall across the way
    Chase however starts looking at new stall designs. muttering about how maybe a cage stall would suit the spotted rat better.

• x
    You may think you're the one in charge here... but it's just an illusion. Just an illusion.

• A few days ago the night was so warm so all our horses were in the pasture. Unfortunately, at some point, a thief wanted to steal one of our mares.
    alt text
    Luckily, he chose the leader of the pack.
    alt text
    Moments later, she overtook the thief from the pasture and showed him who is the boss.
    alt text

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.