Kilborn and Dead End | 10/08 August Foalcrop |

• alt text

YOU KNOW...

(OOG) ... I just can't stop making or breeding horses, so here we go again! The horse up is Kilborn's Ziano, a Swedish Warmblood stallion, with some thoroughbred blood in him (his dad is actually the same as Kilborn's Agent Eighty Six's dad). He is a grey and has until now only made grey offsprings, God must know why, but I guess it has something to do with his genes - that's usually the explanation.
    Anyhow, the new horse was made and add'ed to my team. Our only dressage-only horse, which is gonna be interesting, as I always get bored with taking dressage pictures, lol xD
    alt text

• alt text

INVOLVE ME AND I LEARN

Today was very grey outside, but that couldn't prevent me from riding out. I was riding my girl Bella (read: Kilborn's Arabella), and as Gary (read: Kilborn's Top Gear) wouldn't stay inside his/their stall I had to take him with me. So I did. But as one of the other riders was using the arena, I couldn't just let Gary run free. So I put on a long rope, connected it to his halter and then just started training.
    Some might think that it can't work out with riding the mother and leading the son at the same time, but I have done a lot of 'in rope'-training with Gary, and he actually did really well. We couldn't canter though, as he tried to race his mother, but he could do trot and walk.
    alt text

Another person in the arena was Thomas. He was lounging the stallion Ricky (read: Kilborn's Maverick Merlot) at the arena, but was finished not long after I began. But here is a picture taken by Emma Corbett, as she visited this part of the stable.
    alt text

• Bella is a very pretty mare an her son has a beautiful colour! It seems like he wants to work too :D
    And Ricky has a very cute face I love how he looks <3

• @Lauren-Goldtree Thank you! Gary is seriously one of my favorite foals ever! He just has such a pretty coat, I think. And he likes to work too! Thanks for the nice comment <3

• Rickey is so pretty! And I love your editing style, so unique!

• @Ashton-Mills Thank you! I'm getting better, I hope xD

• alt text

THE THREE MUSKETEERS

I just got three new horses (yes you heard right, I suck at not making new horses, sorry)! The first one is a stallion named (Kilborn's) Calimo. He is a hanoverian and a show jumper. He is pretty great, if I say it myself, and I really like his colour!
    The next one is a 2 years old filly/mare. Her name is (Kilborn's) Dior, and her mother is @Irene_Duarte's mare Aehrenthal's Witchduck, and her father is the next horse on the list. Now you might ask. Why buying the dad of a mare you wanna own? Because he is so beautiful that is. I couldn't not buy him, lol. Anyhow, she is a Hanoverian, in the colour of Rose Grey, and hopefully a show jumper, when she grows up.
    The next horse is Dior's dad, (Kilborn's) Ziano! He is a Swedish Warmblood, and very beautiful. I am such a sucker for greys, so here is another, lol. I can help myself, so yes, he is a grey. I actually wanted a white-looking horse, but I fell for this guy and ended up taking him home with me.
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text

• alt text

FOALCROP JULY

FIRST PICTURE: Okay! We have new foals this month! First one up is Kilborn's Taylor's Girl's offspring with Kilborn's Agent Eighty Six. The offspring's name is Kilborn's Agent Cassidy. His colour is bay (Ee Aa) and he is a colt. He is trained from the ground and can't get his hooves cleaned with no problem. He is a little aggressive when he wants something, but just need more training.
    SECOND PICTURE: The next offspring is the lovechild of Kilborn's Deputy Flyer and Kilborn's Making Rainbows. Offspring's name is Kilborn's Making Cinnamon, and it's a filly. Her colour is bay (EE Aa) too. She is very human-related and cuddly, even though she can be a little shy with strangers. She examines everything and is curious. She is good with stalls and has no problem with being in a trailer either.
    THIRD PICTURE: Offspring out of Kilborn's Ziano and Kilborn's Carrica. His name is Kilborn's Fuerstano, and he is a Bay (grey, EE Aa Gg) Dutch Warmblood colt. Has very elastic, springy movements. Elegant, petite head, coupled with friendly charisma, is a noble horse of special kindness.
    FOURTH PICTURE: Kilborn's Tango is a cute little mare. She is out of sire Kilborn's Calimo and dam KIlborn's Arabella. She is a bay (Ee AA) Hanoverian filly, who isn't really an eye-catcher as she is just an 'ordinary' bay, but what she lack in colour, she has in personality! She is very friendly and easily handled.
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text

• alt text

YESTERDAY

Yesterday we got a new horse in. A bay stallion at the young age of 4. He has seen a lot as a wagon horse, and had untreated wounds when we got him. I will spare you the pictures of how he looked before we cleaned the wounds and brushed him, but this is a picture after treating the biggest wound, and bandaging it, and cleaning the smaller cuts. He already looks a lot better!
    alt text

• alt text

THE HUNGRY HORSE

A skinny horse got to our stables today. Nobody owned her, we are sure of that, so she just walked around the streets searching for food. The sheriff brought her to our stables, because no one claimed her. But the sheriff and his folks shaved of her mane, as it was one big cluttered mess.
    Our staff, one is a vet, hasn't checked her yet, so nobody knows how old she is. I think she is pretty young, between 2 and 6 years old, after I had a look at her teeth.
    She is a real sweetheart though. Wanting to be pat and such. She also tried to search my pockets for treats, I guess she was hungry. And she stood by the sheriff's side all the time I talked with him, to figure out what to do with her. She looks healthy even though she probably has worms and is pretty skinny.
    alt text

• alt text

LAZY DAY

We are just taking a lazy day at Abbasid Rescue. The horses are very good together and rarely get unfriendly at all. At this picture they are eating together (not Hanan though, she is more of a walker, even though she should seriously eat some more!), just relazing in the shade.
    alt text

• People will you please comment on my blog, and not just send me upvotes? It annoyes me to no end, sorry :3

• not everyone has anything useful to say, as such we Upvote :) Least its conformation someone Read your blog :) they could do Neither

• @Lexi-House I would rather ppl didn't upvote. Bc I get so happy when I think I have gotten a comment, but then it's just an upvote. It's kind of annoying. I would rather ppl commented, or just didn't upvote :(

• sad ok then, Fair enough.!

• lovely Update :), horses seem to be all doing well. Glad to see such variety.

• Lovely pictures! I really love your blog!

• Kilborn's Tango is so cute <3
    I just can't wait to see how the bay stallion and the grey mare will look like in a couple of months! The stallion has a cute face.

• What an interesting way to transport a horse haha
    The horses are v cute tho! :heart_eyes:

• @Emilia-Fox Yeah, that's what we do in Egypt, when we don't have a trailer :3

@Jill-Hendricks She is for sale right now wink wink

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.