Laura's Blog

• Hi there! I'm Laura & welcome to my blog! I've kinda been lurking about for the past few days but now my Main Site account is finally approved so I figured it was time to actually post something & introduce myself, but there's a small problem: I don't actually know what write, so if anybody wants to do a kind of Q&A thing then feel free to ask some questions (I can answer in-character and/or out-of-character if you like). But yeah, nice to meet you all!

• It was a bit warm today so I decided to take the pons down to the beach! They seemed to enjoy it, though it was a bit of a pain to get all the sand off of them LOL! This is one of the only pictures that I got where there wasn't a ton of sand getting kicked up
    0_1560991094144_Screenshot-3.jpg

• Welcome to Equus! :sparkling_heart:

I love that picture! it's so bright and perfect for summer, makes me want to go horse riding across the beach now :sweat_smile: I want to know more about your horses though! What are their names? What breed are they, what is their personality like? I like learning all about other people's horses :laughing:

• What pretty horses! I can imagine the amount of sand they kicked up on themselves, but that's the price you gotta pay when you go to the beach haha! Especially the grey :eyes:

• @Eowyn-Vance A ride on the beach sounds wonderful😄 The grey is QST Edelweiss (or just Edel) & the bay is QST BayBee (or just Bee), both Standardbreds.

Personality wise, Edel is easily the calmest, gentlest horse I've ever met, like to the point where people constantly mistake him for a gelding. He's the older of the duo & we've been together since the day he came into this world. He's never raced, but he's an absolute prince in the Dressage arena. Very much a "just sit back & stay on, I've got this" kind of horse.

As for Bee, I've only recently bought her, so I'm still trying to figure out her personality. She's definitely the more...shall we say spirited of the two. A little bit of a diva as well (seriously, she bruised her hoof once & I thought she was dying) but as she's getting accustomed to her new home she's started showing a sweet side. She's still fairly young but there's definitely a lot of potential in her. She's an absolutely gorgeous mover with a nice scopey jump so I think I might try some Showjumping with her & see how she does

• @Marquis-Moulin SO. MUCH. SAND! I think I spent a good two hours on each trying to get it all off. It was especially bad on Edel (the grey) since he decided that he wanted to go swimming and then roll in the sand. We live like 3 minutes away from the beach so this is a pretty common occurrence🤣

• So I was doing some work around the barn today that involved moving some round bales. I go inside for no more than three minutes & I come back to this: 0_1561169813127_Screenshot-112.jpg
    0_1561171317936_Screenshot-16.jpg
    0_1561169835834_Screenshot-19.jpg
    ...That was an almost 5X6ft bale of hay...She jumped it clean...I think I need to look into new fences...

• 0_1561338428851_Screenshot-10.jpg
    Nothing fancy, I'm just happy to see these two getting along so well!

• PR Committee

Welcome to Equus! I hope you have fun here; and it's great to see another blog open up with more pretties to admire. It looks like the horses had fun at the beach; and what a bright clear sky you have too! I like the grey (who is s/he?) but I really feel the need to congratulate you on that bay jumping mare; she's got some scope!

• @Callixta-Rosella Thank you for the welcome, everything's been pretty fun so far! The grey is QST Edelweiss (or just Edel), my main horse & the first one born with the QST prefix. I'll be sure to tell him he has an admirer! As for Bee, I didn't know that scope could be a synonym for heart attack-inducing! When I saw her going towards the bale my first thought was honestly "NO NO NO NO NO NO" followed by "Better call the vet, this will be expensive." But then she cleared it & I just stood there, dumbfounded & praying that she wasn't going to turn into an escape artist like my first horse ((true story IRL, but he went under instead of over))

• @Laura-Quest Totally weird comment I know, but my name IRL is actually Edel xD

• @Regina-Walker That's honestly kinda great xD

• @Laura-Quest Pretty normal name in Denmark for some reason, lol :joy:

• 0_1561535573898_Edel Foal Trot.jpg
    Who's this handsome little guy? He's awfully cute, I wonder what his name is. Hmmm...

• What a CUTIE! :heart_eyes: He looks incredibly proud which he should be, and you too! It's an adorable little foal :heart:

• He’s adorable!! Are those little grey goggles around his eyes? Is this little guy gonne grey out? :eyes:

• @Jill-Reyes So adorable!😊 That picture is actually an old one but rest assured, he's still every bit a cutie <3

@Marquis-Moulin Good eye, those are indeed grey goggles! The picture is actually about 8 or 9 years old so he's greyed out quite a bit now!

• I was looking through some old photo albums & found another picture of that handsome little colt, this time with his mother!
    0_1561577353725_Edel & Mom2.jpg

• Ohhww, really cute :heart_eyes:

• Aaaand here's that same pair today, about 8 years later
    0_1561591424057_Mom & Son2.jpg
    Yep, Edel was pretty darn cute as a foal, wouldn't you agree?

• So I went to visit my family the other day (that's where I got the picture of adult Edel & his dam) to help preoccupy some foals while the other horses were getting checkups. I only agreed to help out to make things easier, definitely no ulterior motives, none at all. I mean, who wants to be surrounded by ADORABLE little Standie foals all day, definitely not me, no sir...I'm not fooling anybody am I? Anyway, here's a picture of Edel & I babysitting that my sister took:
    0_1561663323858_Screenshot-13gj.jpg
    Lighting wasn't the best, but that doesn't really matter because LOOK AT THE BABIES! They were all so cute & just the sweetest little things. I was particularly fond of this little guy.
    0_1561664372024_Oddball.jpg
    His name is Oddball & he kinda reminded me of a puppy in terms of personality, just the sweetest, most playful little colt. I honestly had one of those little shoulder angel/devil moments that was all like "Laura, you do not need a foal" "But..." "No, no foal" "But I have the room" "No" "But what if" "NO!" I was good and listened to myself so I didn't leave with more horses than I came with (can't say I wasn't tempted though.)

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.