Yeguada Marqués de Urquijo - Autumn again

• @Anna-Foster: Thanks!! In Spain the coat of Desaire is called "castaño morcillo" or perhaps a "castaño encendido", in English I think it's Seal Brown.
    @Vera-Alvarez: Your girls are awesome! They have me in love with their coats and conformations :heart:

𝒫𝑒𝓇𝑒𝑔𝓇𝒾𝓃𝒶 𝐼 𝒹𝑒 𝒰𝓇𝓆𝓊𝒾𝒿𝑜
    𝑇𝘩𝑒 𝑛𝑢𝑚𝑏𝑒𝑟 𝑜𝑓 mares 𝑖𝑛 𝑡𝘩𝑒 𝑌𝑒𝑔𝑢𝑎𝑑𝑎 𝑖𝑠 𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝘩𝑖𝑔𝘩, 𝑒𝑎𝑐𝘩 𝘩𝑜𝑟𝑠𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑢𝑛𝑖𝑞𝑢𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝘩𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝐼 𝘩𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑎 𝘩𝑎𝑟𝑑 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝘩𝑎𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑚𝑦 𝑓𝑎𝑣𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑒. 𝐵𝑢𝑡 𝑖𝑓 𝐼 𝘩𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑑𝑒𝑐𝑖𝑑𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑚𝑦 𝑏𝑟𝑜𝑜𝑑𝑚𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑠 𝑡𝘩𝑎𝑡 𝑖𝑠 𝑃eregrina, 𝑠𝘩𝑒 𝘩𝑎𝑠 𝑏𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑖𝑛 𝑡𝘩𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑏𝑙𝑒 𝑎𝑡 𝑡𝘩𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑔𝑖𝑛𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑖𝑠 𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑡𝘩𝑒 𝑓𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑎𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑎𝑙 𝑝𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑎𝑟𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑡𝘩𝑒 𝑈𝑟𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑗𝑜 𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑒. 𝑆𝘩𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑒𝑡 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑜𝑏𝑒𝑑𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑤𝑖𝑡𝘩 𝑢𝑛𝑖𝑞𝑢𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑠.
    alt text

• Peregrina looks so lovely <3

• @Jill-Hendricks: Thankss :heart:

𝓟𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓲́𝓸 𝓭𝓮 𝓤𝓻𝓺𝓾𝓲𝓳𝓸
    𝑆𝑜𝑛 𝑜𝑓 𝑈𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑜 𝑑𝑒 𝑈𝑟𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑗𝑜 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐻𝐶𝐶 𝐸𝑝𝑜𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒, 𝑡𝘩𝑖𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑔 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑖𝑠 𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑡𝘩𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑎𝑙𝑠 𝑡𝘩𝑎𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑏𝑜𝑟𝑛 𝑡𝘩𝑖𝑠 𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝑖𝑛 𝑡𝘩𝑒 𝑌𝑒𝑔𝑢𝑎𝑑𝑎. 𝐼𝑛 𝑎 𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑠𝘩𝑜𝑟𝑡 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝘩𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑠𝑜𝑙𝑑 𝑖𝑛 𝑡𝘩𝑒 𝑆𝑝𝑎𝑛𝑖𝑠𝘩 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑢𝑚.
    alt text

• 𝓡𝓮𝓼𝓾𝓮𝓵𝓽𝓸 𝓭𝓮 𝓤𝓻𝓺𝓾𝓲𝓳𝓸
    (𝑌𝐷𝑆 𝐶𝑎𝑚𝑎𝑟𝑜́𝑛 𝑑𝑒 𝑈𝑟𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑗𝑜 𝑥 𝑌𝐷𝐴 𝑅𝑒𝑣𝑜𝑙𝑡𝑜𝑠𝑎)
    alt text

• Ugh, such beauties and an Eponine Offspring! I'm so happy <3

• I'm never tired of seeing Andalusians! Also, always heart warming to see HCC lines around - I have quite some myself <3

• Ach my browser doesn't let me see anything you type, it all show's up a question marks!, but that stallion is absolutely stunning!

• To bad i can't see your pictures anymore :(

Yéovil AF

I know I have many horses, but sometimes I need to check sales to look for young promises and this is how this story begins. In one of my searches I found a post by @Ian-Salvatore , in which he sold about four or five young horses, unfortunately they had already been sold but at the end of the auction there was a post with images of a beautiful gelding chestnut.

His name is Yéovil AF, he is a four-year-old Swedish Warmblood and was initiated in dressage. He seemed to be a very handsome and friendly boy, but from what we could read about him he was quite the opposite when he was whole, so he was gelded.

Yesterday around five o'clock in the afternoon a small trailer arrived in the stables where "Ahlmann Farm" could be read next to the logo of a black horse. After reading the name of the stable I knew that it was the young chestnut. I hurriedly approached the conduit to check and affirm if it was him.

The first thing I did after getting Vil off the trailer was to take him to the track to stretch and see some movement.

alt text

He is a boy with character and I like that!

alt text

• What a handsome boy Borja <3

• He has such a lovely face shape and coat color. :heart_decoration:

• Thanks to both :smile: he's a very handsome boy!

An old photo, for new beginnings

Since childhood I was interested in the breeding of sports horses, so I always liked to look at different breeds to see the qualities of each and get the perfect crosses. Because of this hobby my stables have always been filled with an infinity of breeds such as the PRE, Arabian, warmbloods...

Last year I decided to stop, focusing only on my Andalusian horses, because the number of animals was very high. But after a while I think I need to have a thousand breeds again and enjoy the characteristics of each one.

This photo shows Rika VC, a horse already retired from the world of competition with 102 points in SJ, and her daughter Anarquia de Borges (x Lubricante de Borges). Apart from being a very good mother, Rika gives her descendants a good ability to jump, highlighting her light and elastic movements, but unfortunately she is not a tall mare, so when preparing the breeding there are looking stallions with strength and power for jumping 1.50-1.60m.

alt text

• Yéovil is real handsome boy! I love his coat, and he's got the cutest little face! I'm excited to see him under saddle! looks like a dressage star to-be

And it's funny how whenever someone says "I only want this breed" you end up with an abundance of everything but that breed. So many lovely breeds out there, it's hard to stick to one :sneezing_face: and well wishes for Rika Vc on a good retirement! Totally understand the short horse struggle, Good luck finding a stud! I've only got one show jumping stud, but I think he's only just 17 hh, I can't check right now. Though if you're interested I'd love to help!

• @Marquis-Moulin Thanks! I am very flattered by your offer, but right now I prefer not to breed more foals :laughing:

Small advance

After months of work the new facilities are already ready for the arrival of the animals. Now we have sixty box, of which fourteen are dedicated for breeding. In addition to more pastures, paddocks and training areas

alt text

• Hispano-árabes on the way

While we wait to remove several GP horses, we have decided to pregnant three of our Arabian mares with Urano de Urquijo, Andalusian bay stallion. The mares are Farisha, Tona and Zafra YM (the meaning of "YM" is Yeguada Militar).

With these future foals we hope to introduce new disciplines in the stable as working cow horse, endurance or working equitation.

alt text

• They are just too cute Borja! <3

• @Celia-Acosta Thanks :heart:

Profiles

These days taking advantage of the autumn season has arrived we have decided to prepare the jumping horses for their profile / presentation photos. The first to pose in front of the camera were young mares, specifically Baguira de Borges and her daughter Kelpie de Borges.

Baguira is a ten year old bay mare, daughter of EWE Starhawk and Tahití de CuatroSoles. She was the first filly to be born in the Yeguada, which is why since she was a little girl she is my right eye. In the beginning Baguira had been retired from the competition with 97 pts in sj, but we have decided to continue until 125-150, in order to improve the abilities of his descendants.

alt text

The second mare is Kelpie, a seven year old Spanish Sport Horse (CDE). Although she is very young, she is already jumping 1.35-1.40 with very good results, so we hope to be able to complete it at GP level. Kelpie is the mother of one of our youngest stallions Lubricante de Borges, and I'm glad to say that she transfers her good abilities to her foals.

alt text

• Kelpie is something else :heart_eyes:

• @Lidija-Rotherford Thanks :heart:

Young stallions with a promising future

Throughout the summer there have been several youngest that have reached the stable to begin their training and put into competition. This project had emerged with the idea of acquiring animals at a low price and thus being able to revalue them after obtaining their first results.

The first horse is FWEC Night Prayer, a Dutch Warmblood (Riding Horse) bay from @Elené-Mikrelew, son of WD Fortuna and FWEC Poetry of the Night, his parents compete in eventing, but his mother also in show jumping, so Prayer will actively compete in both disciplines. He is a calm stallion, with great strength and elasticity, but he has a crazy head, although we do not take it into account because it is still a colt.

alt text

The following stallions were acquired from @Billie-Sparrow . Buying this pair of horses was a very thoughtful decision, because I don't like to buy young animals, because it is a lot of work to start training from zero.

BHB Ahreso is a dappled bay hanoverian, with dressage and eventing lines. His mother is BHB Anaïs and his fahter BHB Ancatius, both of the same breed as Ares. He is a very smallest boy, but he does not stop at any jump, so we have high hopes for him.

alt text

Finally we have BHB Illusion Conjuring, another hanoverian dappled of BHB Irwin and BHB Top Secret. Conjuro is a hyperactive horse, he was not born to live in a box. It seems a bad quality, but for us it is a virtue, as this will help us to compete with him in Puissance. In his daily trainings he is already showing that he will jump very high.

alt text

• Good luck with them! I wish you so many success in competitions with boys

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.