[RESULTS] Shore's End Show Hunter Trials - 1st Circuit - Pony Division
You'll always find a certain kind of peace in the swell of the surf.
In celebration of the arrival of warm summer months, Shore's End Equestrian opens its doors to host the first of a three-show hunter circuit. We invite hunters in all levels and fields of the sport to come together to celebrate the grace and form of the hunter pony. Polish your tack to a mirror shine and practice your braids, and, of course: bring plenty of show sheen!
This show will close at 11:59pm HST on Sunday, July 28thJudging will last for no longer than two weeks before placements are announced.
Official Equus Rules
- Ponies must be registered in Pony Show Hunters to be able to participate in the show and earn prize rewards.
- Members hosting the challenge are not permitted to enter their own ponies, nor find another member to enter their ponies for them, to prevent bias.
- Photos and stories must be created uniquely for this show, and may not have been used elsewhere, either on this forum or in other communities.
- Each pony must have an individual entry, no matter how many ponies are in the story or photo. Story/photo entries may not be re-used for multiple ponies.
- Classes are divided up by pony levels. As with official shows, ponies may be entered in levels below their level on the leaderboards but not above. Please note that due to the way payouts will be handled, there will be no separate divisions for editing vs. non-editing.
- Classes with more than 14 ponies entered will be split at random. There will be no phantoms entrants added.
- You must complete and submit the entry form linked at the bottom of this post for your entry to be judged and placed. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
Judging & General Guidelines
Please remember that this thread is for PONIES only.Questions and comments should be directed to the chatter thread here.And above all else, have fun!
- Entries must contain a minimum of one photo.
- Members may create and enter as many images as they would like.
- Entries must include at least one image of the pony performing during the "active" portion of its class - but that doesn't mean it needs to be the only thing shown!
- The bulk of the judging will be done in traditional hunter fashion: based on ease of the ride and fluidity of movement, turnout, overall form, and style.
- Hunters of all types are permitted, including US-style hunters and European, as well as breed-specific styles.
- No official turn-out guidelines will be supplied; please take some time to research real-life hunters, or consult other members to get an idea of what the ideal hunter pony looks like.
- Entries do not strictly need to be beach or summer themed; members may make an image set in the dead of winter during a blizzard, if they'd like.
- There will be no entry card supplied for posting entries to the thread. This is to invite members to get creative with how they set up their entries, and think beyond it just being a form with an image attached. The full thread post will be judged as a complete entry; cohesiveness and creativity will be rewarded in this regard.
- Members may enter a maximum of three ponies total throughout the show, in as many or as few classes as they wish.
- The same pony may not be entered into multiple classes.
- Keep the level you're entering in mind when putting together your entry - we shouldn't expect to be seeing ponies entered in Crossrail clearing Derby-height fences, and vice versa. Doing so will not result in disqualification, but it will be a factor in judging.
Available classes are as follows:
- High Performance
Point and base cash rewards are as follows, and are the same for all classes, regardless of level:
Placing Points Cash 1st 15 $1,200 2nd 12 $1,000 3rd 10 $600 4th 8 $480 5th 6 $400 6th 5 $320 7th 1 $200 8th 1 $200 9th 1 $200 10th 1 $200
In addition to these base cash rewards, for each entry after the first, PER MEMBER in a given class, an additional $1,000 will be added to the base cash reward for placings first through sixth. This means, that if two members enter the Handy class, the reward for sixth place will become $1,320, fifth becomes $1,400, and so on. Please keep in mind that this is per member, meaning that one member cannot enter the same class multiple times to dramatically inflate the payout. There must be a minimum of two members entered into one class for the payout increases to begin taking effect.
The following prizes are also available to be earned:First place winners in each class will have their winning pony's name engraved onto the plaque.
Special thanks to @Nicole-Loeffler for creating the trophy!
Special thanks again to @Nicole-Loeffler for designing and meshing these ribbons!
Note: ribbons are decor objects only, not accessories.All participants in our first circuit event will be provided with riding privileges in our riding hall following the judge's final announcement.
luce | welsh section b mare | representing canterbury parkschooling division | listening
It was hard watching your baby grow up, Maeve was learning. It seemed just yesterday she was holding Patrick over the back of one of the retired horses' back and cooing about how one day he'd be a great little rider. And wasn't it just a few hours ago they were making a leadline class debut? Now Patrick was at his first real show, stepping up from the crossrail division, on his saint of a pony, Lucy.
At this rate, Maeve would blink and Patrick would be showing in his first hunter derby.
Northfield Tiree | Highland Pony Mare | ridden by Rosie Hendrix | competing in Schooling Class
Rosie and Tiree trained very hard for their own premiere at the Shore End's Show Hunter Trials. For most of the people there was kind of a routine in the course, but not for this pair. Rosie's own Show Hunter Pony got injured a view weeks before the competition but she still wanted to compete at the show.. luckily a very good friend of Kronborg Stables had a suitable mare for the pink haired woman. So she welcomed her leasing horse from Fiora and she immediately fell in love with the calm and nice behaved Highland Pony mare. They both started training soon and became a very nice match over the time and the time till the show was gone soon.
The pink haired girl was a bit nervous before the class started, but it was gone as soon as she gave the mare a last kiss on the muzzle before she went in the saddle of the greying dun mare. Yep they both were ready to show what they can and what a nice team they're.
Without any efforts the mare jumped the course. The movement stayed in the same cadence the whole time and it was a very nice performance to look at. The hard work payed off.
After they came out of the ring Rosie had a huge smile on her face and jumped from the back of the mare to overwhelm her with cuddles and kisses. She was so thankfully for the whole experience with her and truly fall in love with the easy temperament and the brown eyes.
Soon Tiree will have to travel back to her home, but we're hoping that this wasn't the last meeting between those two cuties.
Walk- Trot- Canter Class
Säde Kivimaa and Teitur's Unigryw representing Stall Teitur
OCS Toffee N Milk | Quarter Pony Mare | competing in Walk-Trot-Canter Class | ridden by Jonathan Walsh
"It was a big day for little Jonathan! The tiny man was super exited to show off his pony today in his first show ever! It was also the first show of the little splash mare in an english class! Toffee was a Reining prospect, but due to her height she was sold off to Zach, who is a great Show Jumping rider. Of course his son has to start little, so his first show is a flat show, so both can breath some competition air! The whole team was nervous when the little man rode his mare into the arena, everybody hold on the breath and little Jonathan did so well!"
Nidorina NSRidden by Hayleigh BillingtonCompeting in Working
Mozart NSRidden by Alex BurgessCompeting in Green
Eilionóra RHV | Ridden by Enya Healy | Performance Class | British Show Hunters, Pony Division
1st. OCS Toffee 'N' Milk - Jonathan Walsh - Erick Sobeck
2nd. Tellur's Unigryw - Säde Kivimaa - Rosa Kujo
1st. Squirrel Nutkin - Sim McSimbean - Eowyn Vance
2nd. VYS Lucy - Patrick Carolan - Maggie York
3rd. Northfield Tiree - Rosie Hendrix - Ronan Dhall
1st. Mozart NS - Alex Burgess - Callixta Rosella
1st. Nidorina NS - Hayleigh Billington - Callixta Rosella
1st. Eilionóra RHV - Enya Healy - Fiora HealyPrizes will be distributed over the next few days due to there being quite a few of them to get through - hang tight! Your patience is appreciated.
If you have questions about your placing, you may message me privately either here on the forum or on Slack.
Please remember to keep all chatter in the chatter threads!