[Wanted] Cow horse for sale?? Western riding tips for nobies

• Hi! So my little brother is about to register inhere. I need to help him tho as he is only 10 yo. (Youngest player possibly??) And he wants to start a western stable. So i was thinking if anyone have any tips for us, as none of us know anything about western (And i starting a western section of westwood as well)

And then also, he kind of wants to do some cattle horse thing, so i thought i would look for a horse he could get a good start out with.
    He will be entered on the mainsite, so max price will be around 20k, but the less the better

• Be sure to research a lot. Look at cattle horses pictures. Pic out the "right" tack, and find some good poses. That will get you really far. You can also get some good cow-templates and poses here and there (lakeside saddlery has most western tack needed) :)

• Youtube will be the biggest help. I can get together some Western CC for you. There is definitely less western stuff there the rest of the disciplines. Does he know what kind of barn he wants? Pinterest may be able to help him with setup.

Also, I have a few horses that I'm making, and I would not mind making one for you/him. :)

• Make sure he meets all the requirements to join from age to everything else :) this is your best place to start
    https://equus.community/start.php

As far as the price goes, you start with 25k on the main site now. If he is wanting to show I wouldn't put to much into the amount of an import so he still has funds for entry fees. Keep in mind you wont be able to send money back and forth to one another same for sending horses back and forth to each-other.

As far as western riding goes I would have him watch youtube to get an idea of what he wants to do. Reining and western pleasure are the easier of the western aspects to do minus barrels and poles but Reining goes hand in hand with a cow horse.

• @Regina-Walker I already did downloaded a few western styled poses for both of us (We are playing on the same pc lol xD) And we also did download like 8 differend cow breeds and templates, he wants to have 2-3 cows on his barn. and not too many horses.

So he wants a small barn with also some dogs and a few cats running around.
    Also, i just talked with him, and he descriped western as he see it as some cowboys going on long trips with their horses, having guns. and also doing some small competitions were you run around poles and do small challenges quick (Isnt that called Reining, or Cutting?? I know nothing about western... )
    And catshing cows with lasoos

• Competition Committee

If he is 10 years old he is not allowed to sign up here. Minimum allowed age is 13 :slight_smile:

• @Anna-Hertler But.. What if he register through me or his father? xD

• Competition Committee

He is not allowed his own account at all. He needs to turn 13 before that happens. We have a PG13 policy here on equus. Actually pretty much all forums and community has, as well as social media.

• If he can't join EC yet, don't let him get discouraged. He's still able to have his own game save, and use CC. Let him check out https://toreno-werty.tumblr.com/, they have the same western feel he's looking for.

• @Anna-Hertler Okay, then he may just need to register some horses on my profile, or use my money.
    Just so he can have a stable outside the forum untill he is old enough (If he still plays at that time xD

• @Veola-Loveless And I'm sure he can be a member of Cavallo SIms, As far as I know the have no age limit :)

• @Regina-Walker said in [Wanted] Cow horse for sale?? Western riding tips for nobies:

@Veola-Loveless And I'm sure he can be a member of Cavallo SIms, As far as I know the have no age limit :)

I believe it's also 13 on CS but you would have to ask @Chloe-West

• @Marc-Sanders I gotta go ask her right now! :)

• @Veola-Loveless Oh Thanks, he may do that, but i think it was playing on equus with me that he was temped about as i talk so much horse things with him. I used 2 hours talking horse colors today. And he has become pretty good already!

@Regina-Walker Okay! Sure thing, ive heard about that at least. again, he may try it out

• During CS registration, there were no age limitations or questions. And there's no place to see their "terms" :shrug_tone1: I just joined. I'll look for the terms lol

• @Veola-Loveless Okay! I may enter there too if he can play there, just to be at the same forum as him, but Equus will always be my main, it is PERFECT for me xD

• Administrators

@Thea-Radmer said in [Wanted] Cow horse for sale?? Western riding tips for nobies:

@Anna-Hertler Okay, then he may just need to register some horses on my profile, or use my money.
    Just so he can have a stable outside the forum until he is old enough (If he still plays at that time xD

Mainsite accounts are only permitted to be used by one person- your brother is not old enough to take part in Equus yet, and that includes owning, buying and showing horses. When he turns 13 he is more than welcome to join us, but until then he can only play the Sims game and use our custom content (that you download for him.) We have age rules because people on our forum are allowed to use mature language and ideas. Locking now as this question has been thoroughly answered.

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.