Hello!

• Hi, everyone!

I just wanted to take a quick chance to introduce myself since I haven't had a chance to just yet (Still waiting on my main site account to be accepted before I can sign-up to join Slack, I think?).

Anyway, I figured I would just give a quick look into who I am both in and out of the game!

OOC
    I am a twenty-one-year-old living in Alabama doing my undergraduate in Animal Sciences - Equine Science option. I was planning on going to veterinary school to specialize in laboratory animal medicine, but I've actually decided instead to pursue either a MD (Doctor of Medicine) or DO (Doctor of Osteopathy). Once that's all said and done, I'm debating whether I want to specialize in general surgery, emergency medicine, or internal medicine. I am engaged to a wonderful man whom I've been with for approximately eight years now and have a myriad of different animals, including: Sandy (Dog), Resi (Cat), Elvis (Kingsnake), and tons of fish (Betta sorority, common bristlenose pleco, swordtails, zebrafish, and corydora catfish). I sadly am unable to ride at the moment as I don't have health insurance and cannot risk a bad fall since it would put my small family in quite a bit of financial debt; however, I plan to get back into it as soon as possible because I miss being around horses. I can be a bit quiet at times as I do have some level of social anxiety, but I feel like I open up a bit more online rather than in person. I plan to be online quite a bit, but I am a full-time student and also work two part-time jobs at the veterinary school enriching and exercising laboratory animals as well as working in the clinical pathology laboratory where I perform complete blood counts (CBCs), urine analyses, and blood chemistry. Just as a quick little add on - My favorite horse breeds consist of Thoroughbreds, Arabians, and Mustangs; however, I hope to do a little bit of everything while I'm here!

IC
    Hello! I am a twenty-five-year-old whose family hails from the beautiful country of Ireland. They moved to the United States before I was born, so I've sadly not had the opportunity to see the "motherland". We currently live in the outskirts of Lexington, KY, so I've been surrounded by horses my entire life! Just recently, a close family friend was in a tragic riding accident and is unable to do day-to-day equine activities required of her, so I picked up everything to move to her farm, Halcyon Hills, so as to assist her with anything she wants. The main focus of her stable is racing Thoroughbreds and Standardbreds, but she also has a little bit of everything including eventers, endurance horses, and even a few saddleseat horses. I suppose that's the advantage of living so close to anything equine in Kentucky - It's hard to not be interested and want to participate in something new! I'm hoping that this will become a wonderful opporunity, and am excited to share all of my adventures with you wonderful people!

• Welcome to Equus! I hope you have fun here :blush:

• @Aurora-Bianchi Thank you! I'm really excited!

• Welcome!

Sounds like you'll fit right in!

• @Caroline-Delacort Thank you! So excited to get started that I can barely contain it!

• Nice to see someone that might ignite another spark into flat racing! Welcome!

• @Lidija-Rotherford I love almost any kind of racing; though my favorites are flat, steeplechase, and harness! I think it’s going to be great once everything is established. :)

• Development Committee

Finally, more racing people! Welcome to Equus! If you have any questions, feel free to ask! :two_hearts:

• @Octavia-Ryland Thank you! I’m sure I will have tons of questions once I really start getting into things!!

• Welcome to Equus!

Your in character backstory sounds so intriguing, I'm definitely excited to see more from you! It a bit different from the usually 20 year old owning an entire equestrian centre :laughing: can't wait to see what you get up to on equus :sparkling_heart:

• Welcome to Equus! Glad to have more racers around :heart_exclamation:

• @Eowyn-Vance Thank you! I debated the whole owning an equestrian center part, honestly, but I decided that there is so much room for interesting story lines to just be an assistant starting out! Who knows - Ownership may be a possibility in the future, haha. :P

• @Fernanda-Luchetta Thank you! I’m glad to see that there are quite a few others who are interested in racing as well!

• Welcome to Equus! :heart:

• @Annalena-Voigt Thank you!

• Welcome to Equus! It's great seeing someone with interest in the less popular disciplines :smile: I'm excited to see your plans! :sparkling_heart:

• @Jill-Reyes Thank you! I'm really excited to get started on everything!

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.