Two new geldings!

• Hi, my name is Anastasia Ryan and I own Shadow Wind Stables. I ride both english and western, however western is what I prefer. Currently I have a small ranch and own six horses. I run the place myself, so I'm always doing something. I'll introduce you to my horses below.

0_1563061426469_Screenshot-13.jpg
    0_1563062079233_upload-78b39534-f6f5-4aec-813f-25de772ee316

Details: Chocolate is a 5 year old gelding that I have had for a long time. I had purchased him from Diamond Bar Ranch awhile ago and have had him ever since. His biggest flaw is that he cannot be pastured with other horses as he will lunge at them. This problem came up after I have purhased him, so I'm not entirely sure what the cause of his sudden anger was. He is a lone ranger and prefers it that way. Even with his problems he does his jobs perfectly.

0_1563062383098_Screenshot-28.jpg
    0_1563063323235_upload-23781243-bf6e-47b2-9fa0-d6e34508baeb

Deatils: Red is a new mare around here. I had just got her from Otter Creek Stables. I don't know much about her other than her name. I'm hoping to get to know her as I start her undersaddle. I will be training her bitless so I'm hoping that everything goes well. I'm thinking about training her in barrel racing, but right now I just want to get her trained.

0_1563062525356_Screenshot-23.jpg
    0_1563063353436_upload-e93aa3d3-8de2-4cb4-9398-61fb72d25ec5

Details: Momma used to be a wild mustang. She came from a round up from the BLM. Her previous owner didn't have time for her so I gladly took her in. It was thought that she was going blind in her left eye, but it ended up just needing to be cleaned out due to hair and dirt getting into the eye. She has healed up nicely and doesn't seem to have any more issues with the eye. Momma was thought also to have had atleast one foal in the wild hence the barn name of Momma. Momma also has a fear of large farm equipment and aircraft. These are fears that she never has gotten over and still lives with.

0_1563062928345_Screenshot-25.jpg
    0_1563063388813_upload-1b9524c1-3e5f-4c72-b9d2-b9082f7599eb

Details: Mystery is a mare very close to my heart. She was one of three foals that my childhood horse, Princess gave birth to before an accident took her from me. I had ran across her sale ad by accident and got her bloodwork done. That is how I found out that she was one of the children of my childhood horse. Funny thing is that I ended up training her just like my parents had with Princess. However unlike her mother, Mystery hates dressage with a burning passion. I'm hoping to break that habit and get her into dressage so she will also be a eventing horse.

0_1563063214373_Screenshot-7.jpg
    0_1563063402596_upload-c1372bec-7519-4e99-bf2f-7f1d75b8fab0

Details: Billy is a youngster that I am training in show jumping. Normally Arabians are not jumpers but Billy seems to really enjoy it. I'm excited to see how far he will go in his career. I'm still trying to get to know him as well.

0_1563063505444_Screenshot-15.jpg
    0_1563063521057_upload-d9799dc8-9704-44be-a3fb-613753de3a21

Details: Holly is a super sweet mare who always gets it her all. She has a minor bone chip that doesn't seem to bother her at all. She is being used strictly for dressage, even though she can jump. She has a fear of birds and wants nothing to do with them. Her favorite thing is mint treats and she will eat them all if you let her. She also knows how to pull carriages which might happen again in the future.

0_1566168577612_Screenshot-17.jpg
    0_1566168589784_upload-9321dee2-c5b5-4b0e-8062-a2b1b5c22677
    Details: Tank is super sweet and loves to work. He is excited to work and loves to jump. However he does well in dressage as well. Tank also loves the jumps of the cross country course. He is super brave which is both a blessing and a curse. It takes a lot of hand to keep him from bolting over jumps. He has a great passion for it making me excited for our future together.

0_1566168679637_Screenshot-13.jpg 0_1566168701973_upload-fe0c560c-57cd-44b1-9acd-040f9bde0f9b Show name: GF Realm Of Broken
    Details: Titan is very headstrong. He loves to be with other horses however he isn't the most brave horse. He isn't much for the trails and gets nervous with loud noises. He shows great promise in dressage with his movements. Titan also loves to jump but isn't the best jumper. I was hoping he would be a great hunter however his form wasn't the best.

• Your horses are really pretty! I love Holy!

• Thank you! @Marquis-Moulin made her if you want to check them out :)

• 0_1564466349105_Screenshot-6.jpg
    OCS Enter The Show aka Red

This morning I decided to start the process of saddle breaking Red. She was perky when she greeted me with a loud shrill of a whinny when I walked up to her pasture with the halter in my hands. I normally stalled my horses outside if the weather permits. I had just recently bought an older stable that needed some repairs. I had started fixing up the place and will start replacing some old fencing. I slipped the halter over her head and clipped the lead rope on. Leading her out was easy and she pranced beside me eager to get going. I gave her a pat on her neck with my free hand, as I walked to the barn. I put Red on the cross ties and brushed her down. Red stood perfectly still as I brushed out her coat and did her feet. I trimmed her tail, mane, and forelock. I tried to keep it long but not too long. I didn't want her tail dragging on the ground or her mane to get too uneven. She did have the habit of rubbing it off on the trees in the pasture. I'm just glad she hasn't gotten the habit of rubbing her tail. I unclipped her from the crossties and lead her out of the stables to the other side.

I held my breathe as I lead her to the round pen. I had placed the saddle and hackamore on the fence eariler. I walked her in and shut the gate behind us. I wasn't sure what her reaction was going to be. First I slipped off the halter and replaced it with the hackamore. Luckily for me she had zero reaction as I slipped the hackamore on her face. Working her with the saddlepad for a few minuts before she got comfortable enough to accept it. I introduced her to the saddle next and she pinned her ears as I placed it on her back. She let out a snort as I tighten the girth and the strap. Before I knew it, she bolted and I jumped the round pen gate to the other side. I watched her buck and bolt around the round pen working up a sweat. I leaned up on the gate and watched her go round and round. After what felt like forever, she calmed down and stopped looking at me and panting. I smiled as she walked up for me to get scratched. I petted her letting her know that it was alright and she was a good girl.

• 0_1565289102549_Screenshot-3.jpg
    EYEC North Star: “Holly”
    “Good morning sweet girl,” I smiled at the large Clydesdale x Thoroughbred cross who looked over at me from inside her stall. She was munching on some hay and quickly went back to it after seeing that it was just me who was walking by her carrying some buckets of grain. I brought in some more hay from the storage room, and continued giving breakfast to everyone. I had brought in everyone in last night because of the muggy weather. I heard the gentle hum of the fans that were mounted in the stalls as I continued to do my chores for the morning. I popped into BOSS Not A Fairytale also known as Flint’s stall to check on his feet. He had chipped his front right hoof on some rocks in the pasture. It was a decent sized chip that was pretty long. I wouldn’t be riding him until it had grown back out. I gave the gelding a pat before walking back out and heading into the tack room to clean since I had to wait for Holly to finish her breakfast. I was going to take her into the small dressage arena to practice some more. She has continued to improve greatly every week. I now could ride her four times a week for 30 minutes without her getting too tired. 1 ride a week is with my local trainer who has helped me work on her body a lot. Every ride she is becoming more and more responsive to leg aids. Thanks to some helpful tips from my trainer, she doesn’t stick her head out as much. Holly has also been fitted for her own bit which is still an eggbutt snaffle.

After each horse got done with their breakfast, I took them out to their pastures. The four mares had a 33-acre pasture right behind the barn.
    I left Holly in the barn, as I was going to be ridding her. Next the chestnut Arabian stallion had a smaller 2-acre pasture away from the mares. Lastly Flint had his own pasture by himself. It was half an acre with some hay thrown in directly behind the barn. His horse aggression has only gotten worse with time. He is lunging at other horses if he sees them. He has nearly taken a chunk out of my arm trying to get at the stallion I have. Honestly, I’m at my wits end about him. I shook my head and told myself to focus on Holly. The mare nickered at me as I walked into the barn. I slipped the halter over her head and placed her on the cross-ties. She was a dream on the cross-ties and stood there quietly. I brushed her out and tacked her up quickly. It didn’t take long for me to slip the bridle over her head. Leading the mare to the mounting block that I had to buy online. My other mounting block was too short for me to get on her so I had to buy a custom one. Short people problems were a struggle. I warmed her up before my trainer arrived for the lesson. She came once a week and started the lesson the minute she arrived. She kept telling me to harden my hands which is a thing I struggle with. I have also had light hands for as long as I could remember. Then lesson ended on a positive note and I bid her goodbye. I couldn’t harden my hands, but my horses seem to respond to the lightness. I mulled it over as I cooled off Holly and placed her back out with her friends. I was hoping with more practice she will be ready to show soon.

• 0_1565291406859_Screenshot.jpg
    BOSS Not A Fairytale aka Flint
    "FLINT!" I cursed out at the gelding. He tried to lunge out again at Billy (Holmgard's Bice) who was resting in his stall. I yanked the chained that was wrapped around his nose clipped on the other side and had to drag the gelding outside. "I'm getting you another halter." I signed out growing more helpless. I tried seperating him from other horses, googling the problem, getting help from local trainers, and much more. I placed Flint into the single paddock and locked the gate up. Hontestly I'm going to have to replace the fence and gate soon. I watched Flint buck and rear around for awhile. I signed pushing myself off of the gate walking back towards the stable. I was going to do some more research tonight.

• 0_1565712637929_Screenshot-2.jpg
    Holmgard's Bice aka Billy
    Today I worked with Billy undersaddle. I mostly worked with him in the roundpen since my arenas were still underwater. It had rained a good deal this week leaving the grass greener than ever. Normally in the summer it rarely rained. However this summer it was raining ever other week. I wasn't complaining as normally it was so dry that the grass barely grew. I walked Billy around the arena warming him up before asking for a trot. I was mostly just working on his top line and gaining more muscle. I was hoping to be showing him in show jumping and endurance by the following year. "Good boy!" I prasied Billy giving him a pat when he reached for contact. I was going to add him to the rotation of horses I take lessons on.

• Gorgeous chetnut :heart_eyes:

• @Aurora-Bianchi Thank you! He was breed by @Jasmine-Wilkinson if you would like to check her out! :D

• 0_1565985788507_Screenshot-7.jpg
    MBEC Don't Know How To aka Momma

To think that Momma was a wild mustang from a roundup a few months ago is insane. Looking at her now makes me so proud of how far she has come. I had saddled her up early in the morning and headed off on a trail ride to clear my head. I rode bridless with great results from Momma. She responded super well to it. In the next couple of weeks I'm going to start more mountain trail riding with her. I'm hoping there will be a show soon to enter her in. I'm excited for her first show.

• Your horses look very nice! I love the little stories you give with your photos :)

• 0_1566062535547_updatesthngrignroeg (7).jpg
    OCS What A Good Deal aka Dealer

I like to welcome my new stallion OCS What A Good Deal or better known as Dealer. This boy was previously trained in english however I will be retraining him to western! I have already started riding him and getting him used to the western saddle. I trained riding him bitless before switching him to a bit because of his behavior.

• 0_1566167763535_Screenshot-3.jpg
    TJS Frozen Wasteland aka Tank
    This gelding arrived the same time as Titan and will be showing in show jumping and eventing. I'm super excited to start cross country training with him. Titan and him will be in pastures for awhile to settle in.

0_1566167767265_Screenshot-5.jpg
    GF Realm Of Broken Kings aka Titan
    This boy arrived this morning at the stables. He will be my dressage horse and also to compete in show jumping. I thought about doing eventing with him but he isn't the best cross-country horse.

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.