That Wilder Life ~ DAY x ~ In need of Opinions!

• alt text
    Blog Entry 1, date: 8/25/2019

alt text
    ~
    Hello! Ciao! Or However you greet one another. My name is Wilder M. Bernardi, I'm an American Dressage rider and trainer, as well as working as a professional photographer on the side. I live in the rich rolling hills of Virginia on a small farm with my lovely girlfriend. I work and grew up on my parent's property, the stunning international dressage stables, Ragged Wood Acres. My father is an Olympic Dressage rider for Italy, meanwhile my mother is a former Grand Prix Eventer for America who switched to Dressage after settling with my father. Needless to say, I grew up around horses and have a general idea of what I'm doing. However, I'm still a dumb 20 year old trust-fund baby who lacks a couple braincells. I'm no expert in my opinion.
    ~
    I'm hoping to document my little horsey life with my girlfriend (who I'll introduce in a separate post) on our farm, and at my parent's Stable. and hopefully don't die in the process, and get to know some cool people and horses on the way.
    ~
    alt text

Table Of Contents:
    ~
    Title Date
    Welcome To The Herd 8/25/19
    Our Home/Barn Tour 8/26/19
    Meet Oaklyn 8/27/19
    Meet The Boys 8/28/19
    The Little Seal Mare 8/29/19
    And They Were Roommates... 9/5/19
    A Couple O' Studs 9/8/19
    ~
    alt text
    ~

Comments are allowed!

• I'm so excited for this!!!!!!!!!! I literally just went through you're entire old album trying to take it all in before it gets deleted :sob: (How can you delete such wholesome content!!!!!) And I completely didn't realize you had already started this album bc I forgot that you changed names :laughing:

I love love love the way you write your character's voices it feels so casual and natural without being too over the top or cheesy and I feel like I'm just listening to someone tell me about their life. I also really love how developed and thought out all your sims and their stories are. It really brings everything together and your work is always so put together from the storytelling to the facilities and just everything in between. It's really quite refreshing and not something we get to see a ton of around here these days (I'm guilty too :pensive:) so please keep it up! I'm really looking forward to learning more about Wilder (and that cutie right next to him!!!!!)

• @Denn-Hanes ach thank you so so much! This was really nice to wake up to haha! I'm trying not to think too much about my old album getting deleted since for me it's a bit ridiculous to get upset about characters that I literally use professionally and "see" everyday, for me it'll definitely benefit me in the long run by retiring them from sims stuff but boy I'm gonna miss it though :cry:

and once again thank you!! I definitely pride myself in my first person writing so thank you so much <3 He's definitely different to the characters I'm used to writing so I'm excited as well! He's based a lot more on what I know and feels more at-home for me, so it's definitely different because I'm used to doing a lot of research for my character writing haha! I think he'll be a fun character to work with (and you definitely will learn about his long eared friends :wink: )

• alt text
    Blog Entry 2, date: 8/26/2019
    (image heavy)

alt text
    ~
    Before I start making more updates, I figure I should show around my farm! My girlfriend and I like to call it the "Bernardi-Wintringham Vineyard" but it's really just a private stables where we live, so it really doesn't have any official names besides "home." for Oaklyn and I, and our horses. (Or, equines, I should say.)
    ~
    alt text alt text
    alt text
    ~
    I cannot remember the acreage of our property for the life of me, but it's rather small compared to the behemoths of stables I usually see on here ngl. Though, it's a perfect size for our tiny batch of animals. We have our own vineyard and produce our own wine and sell it to some local markets around here. as well as grow our own hay.... though we don't harvest that ourselves. We hire someone for that. :sweat_smile: But we have plenty of room to ride our horses around the fields and for our dogs, Misty and Hurcules to run around and cause trouble. (and to pull some sick tricks on our golf cart.)
    ~
    The property is fairly old, actually. We had renovations done when we first purchased the place since it was barely liveable when we moved in last year. We've settled in quite nicely and have found a good routine to work around our small property. Life can be pretty difficult when you only have one grass pasture that's safe to turn horses out in unsupervised!
    ~
    alt text alt text alt text
    alt text alt text
    ~
    I figured the perfect time to run around the property and take photos would be when I'm up doing the morning chores! I'm usually in charge of morning chores since unlike Oaklyn, I'm a morning person, meanwhile she's the most miserable thing in the morning.
    ~
    The easiest place to show off first would be our house, not all of it since some rooms are a mess. Rather, the places I find myself in the most, the kitchen, mudroom, and bedroom. My morning typically starts off with Oaklyn complaining about my alarm before I go downstairs to the kitchen to get a cup of coffee and sit on the back deck and watch the boys out in their pasture while our dogs sit with me before I feed the dogs and throw some boots on to go to the stables.
    ~
    alt text
    alt text
    ~
    Every morning the mares, who stay inside at night, give me an array of greetings. Our APH mare, Zippy always sticks her head out her stall door as I'm walking down from the house and gives a friendly nicker which tells our two other mares, Galladi and Malkia that it's breakfast time and those two tend to go mental. So I'll have our two warmbloods whinnying and throwing fits while Zippy is sitting there all happily. Unfortunately for the girls I have to grab our two boys who go out at night and but them in their stalls before anyone gets food. It's fairly easy to catch them, I go into Ruffian's stall, our only stallion, a little welsh pony, and whistle, and the two come running up. I let Ruffian go into his stall and grab our mule gelding, Marcus, and put him in his stall.
    ~
    Usually at this point in the routine, Galladi, my seal bay Westphalian, has gotten over her initial breakfast excitement while my girlfriend's Oldenburg mare, Malkia, is being an impatient drama queen and is running around her stall. Today was no difference, Malkia was running around like a lunatic. She stays in a mare and foal stall since she can't be turned out at night with the boys for obvious reasons. So at that point she's about to explode. After breakfast the girls get to go outside for the day anyways, turn out is rather... explosive, once I open her back stall door.
    alt text
    alt text alt text
    alt text
    alt text alt text
    and of course, I go feed our donkey, Bo and falabella, Jenny Wren (or just Jenny) who stay outside with a little run-in shed. The two get to go out into the big pasture in the afternoon when we bring all the mares back in for dinner before we switch Marcus and Ruffian back out.
    ~
    Miss Jenny Wren has pretty much claimed Bo as her husband and we like to joke that they're both Marcus's parents when we have guest over... boy do people get confused. Bo puts up with his tiny wife that he doesn't even know is his wife.
    ~
    alt text
    ~
    after the hoofed animals are all taken care of, I head back up to the house to wake up Oaklyn and make breakfast and get ready for the rest of my day, which usually starts with riding the boys, Marcus and Ruffian, before heading out. Though, those will be updates for another day. :kissing_smiling_eyes:
    ~
    Best part of the house is the fact our bedroom looks right out the arena and stables. I was sick once and had to stay in bed and I could just turn over and see Oaklyn out riding the horses, it's fantastic.
    ~

alt text
    alt text alt text
    Even though we don't have the fanciest stables out there and our personal horses aren't the fanciest, it's still home for us. I don't think either of us are ready to take on a massive horse facility like my parents run. Whether I grew up with a butt-load of horses or not, I think it's nice to live that sort of homestead farmer-y life for a while before making plans to open up a massive training facility. That's just my opinion though, I'm happy with where I live and wouldn't trade it for anything at this point

~
    Huge probs to you if you read that whole thing :clap: Have a fantastic day!
    :heart:

• I'm so glad to see you're back already! I love seeing you post new updates and stories to read!! Your facilities are so lifelike I could picture them in a real life setting, and I can't wait to see introductions of your horses as well. Also, did I spot a corgi in there? :fox:

• Welcome back! I would feel at home too at those facilities they look so cosy! I’m looking forward to seeing more updates from you! Especially from Jenny and Bo I love that little pair XD :heart:

• Your little farm looks so cozy!

• A new blog, yay! I'm so utterly thrilled to be introduced to all your new horses and characters, they always have such personality and a certain charm about them that I adore. I know I don't comment as much as I should but I genuinely do love your updates and stalk every single one. Is this an entirely new thing with new people/new horses or are we still going to see some of our old favourites make a return? :kissing_heart:

• Glad to see that you're back!! With a lovely facilities as well, so homey! Can't wait to see what you come up with in the future <3

• ~Replies~

@Alexander-Westerberg said in That Wilder Life ~ DAY 2 ~ Home/Stable Tour (Image Heavy):

I'm so glad to see you're back already! I love seeing you post new updates and stories to read!! Your facilities are so lifelike I could picture them in a real life setting, and I can't wait to see introductions of your horses as well. Also, did I spot a corgi in there? :fox:

Thank you! I'm back waaay earlier than I anticipated, and I'm super happy about it! I did some research before creating this place on properties in the area I was basing the story off of to try and make it really authentic, as well as adding touches of what I know :smile: and yes! that is a corgi, you'll see more of her in the next update!

@Luna-Smit said in That Wilder Life ~ DAY 2 ~ Home/Stable Tour (Image Heavy):

Welcome back! I would feel at home too at those facilities they look so cosy! I’m looking forward to seeing more updates from you! Especially from Jenny and Bo I love that little pair XD :heart:

Thank you, Luna! I'm definitely happy with the facility haha! you'll definitely see more of Jenny and Bo, for such wonky looking animals they turned out to be really photogenic when I was messing around in-game earlier <3

@Sadie-Woodson said in That Wilder Life ~ DAY 2 ~ Home/Stable Tour (Image Heavy):

Your little farm looks so cozy!

Thank you! Though, in some places it's bordering on more cluttered than cozy, but those are parts of the house I don't show haha!

@Eowyn-Vance said in That Wilder Life ~ DAY 2 ~ Home/Stable Tour (Image Heavy):

A new blog, yay! I'm so utterly thrilled to be introduced to all your new horses and characters, they always have such personality and a certain charm about them that I adore. I know I don't comment as much as I should but I genuinely do love your updates and stalk every single one. Is this an entirely new thing with new people/new horses or are we still going to see some of our old favourites make a return? :kissing_heart:

Unfortunately it's an entirely new thing and I don't have any plans to reintroduce the story I was using for the passed three years :frowning2: I wasn't going to restart if it wasn't for my hard drive dying and me losing literally everything, including the computer :face_palm: though, I took it the opportunity with my new computer to do something new and retire the old bunch to only being my personal characters. Thank you so so much for the kind words, it's really motivating!

@Catriona-O'connolly said in That Wilder Life ~ DAY 2 ~ Home/Stable Tour (Image Heavy):

Glad to see that you're back!! With a lovely facilities as well, so homey! Can't wait to see what you come up with in the future <3

Thank you! I hope I don't disappoint haha!

• alt text
    Blog Entry 3, date: 8/27/2019
    feat. RWA Malkia

alt text
    ~
    Say hello to my beautiful girlfriend and absolute best friend, Oaklyn Wintringham! Oaklyn is the sort of girl where I look at myself then at her and just sort of guy "How the hell did she end up with a dingus like me?" Oaklyn is an up and coming actress from California, but has plenty of family on the east coast, specifically Maryland. Why's that relevant? Oaklyn and I actually met in Chincoteague, which extends from Virginia to Maryland, so I think it's sort of funny how it brought us together from two different states. (If we ignore the fact she's from California.) We met at the Pony Penning auctions in July and we were both pretty gross looking in the humid July heat. A Friend of mine had bought a little foal she was enamored with and couldn't help but approach my friend and I while they were loading up the filly so she should snap some photos of her. I'd love to say "oh we locked eyes and it was love at first sight!" But at first, it was actually just us giving one another our Instagram @ so she should see my photography. That's what she says at least. We started talking on Instragram before we started talking over the phone more and more until she decided to move to Virginia with me, and shortly after that we moved into our stables as friend but became more than that shorty thereafter.
    ~
    Oaklyn had been riding off and on while growing up, her mother is a musician and her father runs a hotel line, with both her parents traveling while growing up she didn't get a chance to consistently ride. She always tells me how much she loved going over to her grandma's house in the east and riding her horses out in the field and she got to take lessons every now and again when she wasn't traveling back and forth across the country. Even now, Oaklyn travels a lot for acting gigs and it's not uncommon for me to be handling the farm by my lonesome. (Though typically when she's on trips I invite a few of my buddies over... shhhh....) But whenever she's home she's hard at work with the horses, especially her equal beautiful Oldenburg mare, RWA Malkia, who she calls Molly, but I call her Malkia.
    ~
    alt text

alt text
    ~
    She's a great rider and can easily preform high level movements, even though Malkia isn't quite at Oaklyn's level yet. Oaklyn rides horses at my parents stables just like I do, and she actually takes lessons from my mom whenever she can. She's finally going to join the show ring and she's hoping to bring up Malkia all the way up to Grand Prix which I think will be a total breeze for the pair, even with Malkia's attitude problems. Oaklyn loves her big moody mares though, she says she relates to them on a spiritual level and I can understand that, and confirm. Oaklyn is also responsible for all the weirder horses we've got here, she sees a flashy horse and goes "MINE!" and our farm is full of colorful horses. You can tell which horse of ours is mine by the lack of white markings. My parents love her aaaall besides her impulsive love for colorful and moody mares. But y'know what, our barn would've been filled with solid bay warmbloods if it wasn't for Oaky.
    ~
    and can't forget to mention her corgi, who she named Misty after the one and only Misty of Chincoteague. I ask her "Oaklyn, why would you name a dog Misty instead of waiting to get your own Chincoteage pony?" she looked at me for a moment with a look on her face best described as "Oaklyn.exe has stop responding" before she processed the question and said "There can only be one."
    ~

Have an awesome day!
    <3

• what a personality! I like her already ;)
    Your descriptions and small stories are so fun to read!

• Oaklyn is so cuuuuuuuuute

• @Luna-Smit said in That Wilder Life ~ DAY 3 ~ Introducing Oaklyn:

what a personality! I like her already ;)
    Your descriptions and small stories are so fun to read!

Haha, yeah, Oaklyn does have quite the personality :laughing: no doubt, thank you! I'll keep the stories coming!

@Ian-Salvatore said in That Wilder Life ~ DAY 3 ~ Introducing Oaklyn:

Oaklyn is so cuuuuuuuuute

Thank you! I think so too :smile:

• They seem like such an energetic pair together! Both Oaklyn and Malkia are adorable <3

• @Sadie-Woodson said in That Wilder Life ~ DAY 3 ~ Introducing Oaklyn:

They seem like such an energetic pair together! Both Oaklyn and Malkia are adorable <3

Thank you! :grin: I think they’re one of my favourite horse and rider pairs

• alt text
    Blog Entry 4, date: 8/28/2019

Technically Oaklyn and I have only one male horse at home, the other one is 1/2 male horse, and no I'm not making a joke about him being a gelding. (That's just cruel, don't tease geldings for their missing nuggets, man) Both of us prefer mares over stallions or geldings, though whether a horse is a mare, gelding, stallion, or whatever, a good horse is a good horse! These two are certainly no exceptions.
    ~
    First off: Marcus, a seven year old Warmblood Mule, who does dressage (of course)
    ~
    alt text
    ~
    Marcus was purchased by Oaklyn, but him and I clicked pretty quickly and we've become a great pair. Marcus is named after my man crush actually, funnily enough. So, it worked out in the end. (Marcus Mumford is dreamy in my bisexual eyes) This big-eared fella is yet to get a show name, we're still thinking on something that'd really suit the guy. He'll be getting the prefix BW for our own stables, which is exciting!
    ~
    Marcus is a bit of a lazy fart every now and then. He may decide that I'll be having a really tough work-out if he's not in the mood to do work. He can really be an ass sometimes (badum tsssss) Jokes aside, when he's not being stubborn and actually wants to work, he's a real joy! He doesn't buck or bolt, he gets the job done and he's super bomb-proof. He's never spooked under-saddle while we've had him, and we've had some little kids ride him and he's such a sweetheart, he's amazing with kids. Marcus has got great rhythm under saddle as well, it's especially fun to take out the blue tooth and do work with him. I think it's because his big ears, he's a musically inclined equine. Which as a former theater kid, current indiehead, and Hozier wannabe deep down, I love. So even though he's a bit goofy looking and is still developing as a dressage horse, I think Mr.Marcus is a gem of an equine.
    (Also, would love show name ideas)
    ~
    alt text

alt text
    ~
    Next up is the only stallion we own: Ruffian, a three year old welsh section C stallion, also dressage
    (just assume dressage with all our horses)
    ~
    alt text
    ~
    Unfortunately I only have one photo of Ruffian for this update as he only does really simple work right now since he's so young. Ruffian is also without a show name, since apparently we're just bad at making show names. Ruffian is one of the sweetest stallions I've met, he is a little terror out in the pasture with Marcus, but he has great ground manners and has been learning to ride really easily. He's got a good brain in that tiny skull of his! That's all excluding his pony moments, he definitely has the occasional pony fit and likes to act smarter than he actually is from time to time, but that's pretty much expected from a fancy pony like him. Though for stallion behaviour, he doesn't have much! If one of the mares is in heat he's a pain to work with, though. However on the regular days he's a great pony with his naughty pony quirks. Frankly, I would rather have a smart and a little sparky pony over a brain-dead and stubborn pony!
    ~
    We're thinking of selling him later on in his career doing pony dressage, since even though Oaklyn and I are both short, he's juuuust under our size. More so me, since I'm a little bigger than Oaklyn. We think he'll need a good home with a younger but advanced rider and he'll make a great kid's horse. He may get his jibblies cut off, though I think he'll keep his nice disposition through his training if we keep encouraging him and handling him.
    ~

Have an awesome day, or don't, I can't tell you what to do
    :heart:
    ~
    ( OOC Note: Wilder is going to look a little different after this update since I've made new CC for him so he fits my original design for him )

• I love the pony, it's what Breed <3 ?

• @Ian-Salvatore said in That Wilder Life ~ DAY 4 ~ Meet The Boys:

I love the pony, it's what race <3

Thank you! Ruffian is a Welsh cob

• @Wilder-M-Bernardi : because I am looking for a small pony for a child ;)

• @Ian-Salvatore said in That Wilder Life ~ DAY 4 ~ Meet The Boys:

@Wilder-M-Bernardi : because I am looking for a small pony for a child ;)

Hm, :thinking: I think I'd like to get Ruffian registered and show him a few times before we sell him, but I'll get back in contact with you in maybe a couple weeks about him?

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.