The Dumb Adventures of Mark & Burt { 12-10-19 } For Those Below : Part 2

• @Marquis-Moulin said in The Dumb Adventures of Mark & Burt { 7-10-19 } Oh Man, Oh My, Oh Me:

{ REPLIES }

@Zatanna-Westerlund said in The Dumb Adventures of Mark & Burt { 5-10-19 } Robin Hood : The OTTB:

Robin Hood looks amazing. What could be better than giving the horse a meaningful name :smile: And really sorry that he is gelding ahah
    Moustache is great. More Moustache! :smirk:

Thank you, of course! Horses are long term commitments, you gotta give em a meaningful name! and I don't plan on keeping much of a moustache once Halloween passes, but who knows maybe I'll end up liking it :laughing:

@Alexander-Westerberg said in The Dumb Adventures of Mark & Burt { 5-10-19 } Robin Hood : The OTTB:

What pretty horses you have! The cute chimera mare, and that lovely palomino, and Robin Hood's a gorgeous shade of gray. I admire your ability to come up with such long and detailed back stories - and stick with them! I have all kinds of information about my characters in my head, but getting it all out and in written form isn't the strongest of my abilities, so I just take pictures mostly. Keep writing!! And please show us the Freddie Mercury costume when it's ready, I'd definitely like to see it :man_dancing_tone3: :smile:

Thank you, Alexander! I love giving my horses stories, it really helps me get attached to my ponies :smile_cat: You should definitely try writing out your horses' stories! It's really fun. Also of course I will show of the Freddie Mercury costume, it'd be a sin not too haha!

@Eloïse-Newport said in The Dumb Adventures of Mark & Burt { 5-10-19 } Robin Hood : The OTTB:

Pretty boy this Robin ! Nice name for this grey thoroughbred <3 You have to make a costume for Robin too ! xD I can not wait to see you on Halloween ;) Very nice the Freddie Mercury costume !

Thank you! <3 That's not a bad idea, I'll have to think of a good costume for Robbie! Maybe try and think of a matching costume for him :laughing:

Yes why not ;)
    Montezuma is very original <3 Effectively the Sorraia is rare as breed ! ^^

• { REPLIES }

@Aurora-Bianchi said in The Dumb Adventures of Mark & Burt { 7-10-19 } Oh Man, Oh My, Oh Me:

I want to be that kind of responsible person with the money :wink: Congrats on the sweet weirdo, I love seeing different horses here for a change

It's so hard to resist hoarding an abundance of horses, but y'know, sometimes you gotta make sure you can pay the bills instead of having a whole bunch of ponies :laughing: Thank you, we're really happy to have little Monty!

@Jasmine-Wilkinson said in The Dumb Adventures of Mark & Burt { 7-10-19 } Oh Man, Oh My, Oh Me:

Monty has such a smooth coat, i love her leg stripes. She seems to have an interesting personality already! :heart_decoration:

Thank you! Hopefully, shes stays nice and clean and all her little markings stay visible. (I did really enjoy making her coat though!) I'm excited to show her off more!

@Eloïse-Newport said in The Dumb Adventures of Mark & Burt { 7-10-19 } Oh Man, Oh My, Oh Me:

Yes why not ;)
    Montezuma is very original <3 Effectively the Sorraia is rare as breed ! ^^

Thanks! I had to give her a unique name to match a unique mare! <3

• alt text
    { FOR THOSE BELOW }
    ~:musical_note: :arrow_forward: ~
    Part 1
    alt text

"sigh... I'm sorry to hear about your situation, mate, really. I'll do what I can to help you out ........ right, have a good one, keep safe."
    Click
    ~
    So... Burton has a cousin, who also happens to one of my best friends back in England.
    alt text
    ~
    "Well, Mark, I got a call from Walt while you were riding..." Burt said, approaching D'Arcadia and I in the wash stall.
    "Oh, what about? They don't usually call you first," I joked initially, though once reading the room I smacked the cocky smirk off my face.
    "Walt, uh, they're in a bit of a predicament. Their flatmates just kicked them out and they have't a great place to stay," Burt explained.
    "....Can't they stay with their girlfriend?" I asked.
    "They broke up. Walt found out she was cheating on them earlier this week with one of their flatmates... which is - I assume - why they kicked Walt out," Burt explained quietly with a long sigh and a subtle frown.
    "That's horrible! Do they have somewhere to stay right now?"
    "They said they had to spend on night asleep on a park bench but they've managed to get to their uncle's house for a couple day but... you know how much of a shit show that guy is..." He continued.
    "Oh- yeah, he's a piece of shit. I wouldn't feel safe with Walt staying there," I expressed, keeping watch of my bay mare as she stood patiently next to me.
    "Neither do I, and neither does Walt. They really want - and need - to find a better place to stay but they're really stuck right now. You know how Walt is..."
    "Shit, what's the plan then?" I asked.
    "From what I can gather, Walt wants to come stay with us. Which I've no problem with, we have our guest room set up and I wouldn't mind extra help... however.... there's no way Walt can afford a plane from London to Virginia with the situation they're in right now."
    "Any ideas?" I replied in concern.
    "I was just about to call my dad to see if he could help out. He's not a fan of that side of my family at all.. I think he'd understand for the sake of Walt?" He said, signifying he wanted my opinion on the situation.
    "I say it's a pretty good idea. We get Walt a flight out here, let them move in, and then we've got a new stable hand," I said jokingly in hopes of lightening the mood a tad bit.
    "Let's hope it turns out to be that easy. I'm gonna head back out to the car to call my dad since the service in here is terrible. You should probably check your phone too, Walt said they texted you first but when you didn't reply they called me instead. I figure they're a little more open with you than I," Burt said with a shrug.
    "Yep, I'll do that once I get D'Arcadia all cleaned up and back in her stall," I said with nod, looking over to my mare who was being a patient little saint.
    "Great, I'll be on my way now," Burt said. "Deuces," he said giving me the little hand sign as he walked off.
    I sighed and looked over at D'Arcadia, who looked back at me with her ears high. I gave her a pet on the shoulder.
    "Looks like you might be meeting your uncle Walt," I said with a small smile, suppressing the fact I felt like absolute shit for the situation my best friend was in across the Atlantic...
    ~
    alt text

(This was originally meant to be posted tomorrow, but an Instagram poll convinced me to post a day early)
    ~
    Well, uh, Cheers?

• OMG! <3 I love the quality of the first image. I thought it was a real photo and not of your game! Everything looks so clear, so clean ... and I loved the little story. I really want everything to be easy for you and Walt can get along with you without problems.

• I agree with Irene it looks like a real photo 😍

• I agree with the others, the first pictures is amazing :heart_eyes: The place overall looks amazing, I love the warm feeling that the rustic wood gives <3

• { REPLIES }

@Irene-Duarte said in The Dumb Adventures of Mark & Burt { 8-10-19 } For Those Below : Part 1:

OMG! <3 I love the quality of the first image. I thought it was a real photo and not of your game! Everything looks so clear, so clean ... and I loved the little story. I really want everything to be easy for you and Walt can get along with you without problems.

Thank you so much! :two_hearts: I've got an update coming about the whole Walt-situation this weekend hopefully.

@Eloïse-Newport said in The Dumb Adventures of Mark & Burt { 8-10-19 } For Those Below : Part 1:

I agree with Irene it looks like a real photo 😍

Thank you!! <3

@Therese-Lind said in The Dumb Adventures of Mark & Burt { 8-10-19 } For Those Below : Part 1:

I agree with the others, the first pictures is amazing :heart_eyes: The place overall looks amazing, I love the warm feeling that the rustic wood gives <3

Thank you, Therese! I was really inspired by the old stables on the east coat of America, they have a lot of those sort of dark rustic wood tones that I loveee! ( Whenever I'm done with the facility I'll post photos, but I haven't even finished the world but I'm too impatient :laughing: )

• alt text
    { BRIGHT AND... FRESH }
    alt text

alt text
    ~
    Weeks off from lameness + the cool weather = a spunky stallion.
    Some days I just want to get all my work done bright & early so I can have the rest of the day to myself. Today was one of those days where I wanted to get my rides done then go home and relax. Jabask (Krongborg's Jabask) on the other hand, was thinking "excuse me, this is not when we do work." In return I got a bunch of grumpy faces since he was so used to his consistent schedule from being brought back into work that going back to having a flexible schedule was outrageous. He's a fancy boy, he expects to be treated like a prince, and though I try my best, sometimes I just... don't wanna.
    He sucked it up for the first half of the ride. He's not so much of a fan of his dressage training, but usually he acts like a professional and does the work... buuut, with his extra grumpiness this morning and extra energy boiling up in him his good attitude was only temporary.
    ~
    alt text
    ~
    Inevitably, he exploded the first chance he got when he was "spooked" by some leaves falling into the ring. (He's not scared of leaves, he's just too smart for his own good sometimes.) Then came his inner bronco and he had a little temper tantrum to expel some extra energy and had some zoomies to get out. I didn't die or anything, I stuck it actually since his bucks are pretty predicable once you know him.
    He decided to act like he was traumatised the rest of the ride and my nice warmblood turned into a little fire-breathing dragon the rest of the ride. Cirlces, and circles, and circles, and circles the rest of the ride. He does impress me with how smart he is... but he uses his brains for evil sometimes. At the end of the ride I dismounted and walked him back to the tree that "spooked" him and he was fine. So, note to self : Jabask doesn't like being ridden in the morning.
    ~
    alt text
    alt text

Cheers!

• Love your album :D Great storytelling and really lovely pics <3 Love that the tack colour (which is absolutely dreamy) matches with his pullover :blush:

• he is not cooperative today this beautiful horse xD it would be better to wear a helmet ;)

• Oh I wish energetic horses were like "Excuse me" but they are just like "NOPE" (rider flies away). Also, sky blue looks good on fire-breathing bays :wink:

• { REPLIES }

@Kára-Morgan said in The Dumb Adventures of Mark & Burt { 10-10-19 } Bright and... Fresh:

Love your album :D Great storytelling and really lovely pics <3 Love that the tack colour (which is absolutely dreamy) matches with his pullover :blush:

Thank you so much Kára! The colour I think is ice blue from LeMieux? and ofc, I like making a while matching set <3

@Eloïse-Newport said in The Dumb Adventures of Mark & Burt { 10-10-19 } Bright and... Fresh:

he is not cooperative today this beautiful horse xD it would be better to wear a helmet ;)

Every horse has their moments :shrug: Jabask is usually good, but this just wasn't his morning :laughing:

@Aurora-Bianchi said in The Dumb Adventures of Mark & Burt { 10-10-19 } Bright and... Fresh:

Oh I wish energetic horses were like "Excuse me" but they are just like "NOPE" (rider flies away). Also, sky blue looks good on fire-breathing bays :wink:

Thank you! I think blue is Jabask's colour <3 trust me, I'm grateful he's not a "NOPE" sort of horse, he's got too much dignity to just throw me off, he has to do some sort of elaborate plan before he makes anyone eat dirt

• alt text
    { FOR THOSE BELOW }
    Part 2
    alt text

alt text
    ~
    Many gruelling calls to Burt's dad, and a long drive to the airport later... we've "acquired" Walt.
    These calls to Burt's dad were like kids asking their parents to keep a lost dog. Except a very very expensive dog with possible legal consequences if not organised properly.
    We picked Walt up from the airport and they had nothing more than a carry-on backpack with a couple outfits in it, a broken phone charger, a dead phone, a sketchbook with a couple dull pencils… aand a mean hangover mix with intense jet lag. Suppose I couldn’t blame them after the shitty week they had to endure. They took a long nap on the car ride back to the house, which was longer than either Burt and I expected thanks to traffic…
    Not much has happened on their first day here in America, the first thing they wanted to do was sleep and that seems to be their plan all day. We'll have to run out some time this weekend and pick up the essentials for them, though that's all down to when Walt feels like getting up and going somewhere. I think they really just want to sit inside and relax for a few days after having to spend another night on the streets after being kicked out once again by their Uncle. They're happy to have a safe place to stay and that's all that matters to me. As long as they're safe and happy, I'm good with whatever my friend wants to do. I'm looking forward to our new housemate though, I think it'll be fun :smile:
    ~
    alt text
    "Why'd you guys give me the room of a 12 year old horse girl?"

alt text
    - Walt Eberheardt- 21 - Born in Berlin - Cancer -
    Non-Horse hobbies include: Having the most aggressive resting bitch face you'll ever see.
    :musical_note: Vibe :arrow_forward:
    ~
    Walt, not Walter, their name is literally just Walt. (Well, their real name is weird, but its not Walter, they’ll wreak havoc if someone calls them Walter.) Although born and raised primarily in Germany, Walt doesn’t have much of an accent since they thought Irish accents were sort of funny and while learning English decided to only use an Irish accent. They like to switch between copying Burt and I's London accent to angry Irish Sheep farmer. I chose to not question it anymore.
    Walt is a nonbinary person, they prefer they/them pronouns. Walts been a really close friend of mine for a long ass time and we’re pretty much besties. When we moved to the States we’d still FaceTime all the time. Alternatively, they’re Burton’s second cousin and they grew up going to family reunions together and they have a slight sibling rivalry together. They look a bit intimidating at first glance but they're one of the funnest people I know and have loads of fond memories with them. We got in so much trouble in school. Even if we are three years apart in age, we still managed to wreak havoc. Speaking of school, they went to art school but dropped out due to health issues that made it difficult for them to complete their classes. With hopes of becoming a freelance artist and the talent to do it, I think they'll have a chance of trying their hand at it here with a better living condition. They've lived their whole life with a pretty iffy living condition with their father losing custody of them, living with their uncle, a short time in foster care, living with Burt's family for a good while, etc. etc. They've had it rough so far.
    They're not a horse person, if anyone is wondering. They've been around horses and they've ridden horses but just for fun. Though frankly, I don't see it as a very important aspect of their person in this situation.
    ~
    Favourite breed: “The tiny stubby ones - Shetlands? Yeah those ones.”
    Favourite Discipline: “What?”
    Riding for: Went on a few trail rides once.
    ~
    Favourite band/musician: Mumford & Sons
    Favourite word: “Schadenfreude”
    Random Fact: They avoided being arrested because they only have one wrist and triumphantly shouted “CUFF THAT SUCKERS!” when they were 15. More recent incidents are unknown of.
    ~

A big welcome to Walt to Burt and I's humble abode. Not much is to be said yet, Cheers!

• Welcome, Walt!!! I feel that his adaptation will be something fun ...

• Cuff that suckers? Damn I found my new fav character :laughing:

• Welcome Walt! I'm looking forward to seeing their adventures, but I hope they don't get kicked out again! :laughing:

• A warm welcome to Walt!

• PR Committee

I'm terrible at commenting and I get so far behind on updates because I'm a slacker; but I really enjoy visiting this blog. I really admire the energy you put into your stories, your characters seem so real in a way that's hard to find. There isn't much point to me writing this I'll admit, but please keep up posting so much and being so wonderful :D <3

• Development Committee

I've been following your blog since you opened it, I'm just terrible at the comment part :face_palm: But I'll try my best from now on!
    Burt and Mark <3 I just love how unique your sims are and how much time you put in their personalities and looks. Your stories are so well and the fact that you use so much humor and a dash of irony in your writing makes me so happy and I can't help it but just smile a little every time I read. And that amazing header you have going on there, love it! This is absolutely one of my favourite blogs. :kissing_closed_eyes:

And a warm welcome to Walt! He seems like an awesome guy, someone who didn't deserve to be cheated on and then kicked out. However, I'm excited to see how he will manage his new life as a stable hand!

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.