The Dumb Adventures of Mark & Burt { 14-01-20 } Just A Beginner

• {REPLIES}
    Wow! Didn't expect this many comments, thank you all :two_hearts:

@Ian-Salvatore @Regina-Walker @Shagaia-Nedja-ri Thank you three! <3

@Aurora-Bianchi said in The Dumb Adventures of Mark & Burt { 06-01-20 } Itty Bitty!:

I loved seeing this little troublemaker in his past owner's blog. When I saw you were the one that got him, I knew he would be in good hands. Congrats on the little buddy!

Thank you Aurora! Same here, I loved seeing all of his mischief in his former home! I hope I do the little dude justice!

@Therese-Lind said in The Dumb Adventures of Mark & Burt { 06-01-20 } Itty Bitty!:

Aww look at little Mo <3 He looks so happy in his new home :heart_eyes:

Thank you! He's a cutie ain't he :heart_eyes: I'm excited to have him here!

@Lidija-Rotherford said in The Dumb Adventures of Mark & Burt { 06-01-20 } Itty Bitty!:

Aaaah he found the perfect home!

I hope so! Thanks Lidija!

@Maria-Jones said in The Dumb Adventures of Mark & Burt { 06-01-20 } Itty Bitty!:

I'll miss him so much❤
    But it makes me so happy to see that he already settled in. I love the little story you wrote about him and i can't wait to read more.
    He definitely found the perfect home 🙏❤

I'll make sure to make plenty of updates on him so you wont miss Mo too much :two_hearts:
    I'm glad you could handle reading Averett's very rambly updates haha! I'm glad you agree he's in the perfect home!

@Eloïse-Newport said in The Dumb Adventures of Mark & Burt { 06-01-20 } Itty Bitty!:

Cutie pony! He seems tricky ;)

He sure is! But now he's allowed to be as mischievous as he wants :laughing:

@Lexi-House said in The Dumb Adventures of Mark & Burt { 06-01-20 } Itty Bitty!:

Little dude found the best of homes. Look at him. <3

Thanks Lexi!! He's fitting in perfectly!

• alt text
    {A WHITE WINTER}
    ~:musical_note: :arrow_forward: ~
    alt text

~
    "Snow brings a special quality with it — the power to stop life as you know it dead in its tracks."
    -Nancy Hatch Woodward
    ~
    I like to pretend I'm a poetic writer, but I'm really not. Though I appreciate a mood-setting quote.
    We got snow! More than a little dusting, enough to get schools closed for the local kids and... enough to trap Burt and I at our farm cus the roads were yucky. By the time Bee and I could drive anywhere, most of the snow had gone. Yet, there's still this wintery wonder that sparked the urge to go outside and enjoy the snow before the weather drastically changes like it does on the American Eastcoast and all the snow is gone and it's just ugly and muddy.
    With a bit more enthusiasm in me than Burt did, we headed out to Ragged Wood to check in with our assigned horses and to just get out of the house. Being the cold-weather lover I am, I decided I wanted to have a little fun with D'Arcadia... since she's a little more well behaved after extended time indoor than Jabask is.
    We had a short bareback ride in one of the outdoor rings, nothing too extreme as it was quite chilly and I don't wanna hurt her lungs. However, the short ride was a fun way to utilise the winter scenery in a fun way.
    ~
    alt text
    alt text
    ~
    Oh, and Bee was there too. Bee's not a fan of the cold though.
    ~
    alt text
    ~
    I appreciate Burtybee hanging out in the cold with D' and I even though he was freezing his nuts off :couple_mm:
    Pre-payback before summer comes around and I die of a heatstroke when his summer-loving-self drags me out for sweltering summer rides. :sweat:
    ~
    alt text

Hope you guys' have gotten some snow lately (if it's winter for you haha!) Cheers!

• Ugh the heat :sweat: I feel you, cold days are the best

• loving the snow pics, you are brave to ride in it, though i must say i hope to soon XD

• {REPLIES}

@Aurora-Bianchi said in The Dumb Adventures of Mark & Burt { 10-01-20 } A White Winter:

Ugh the heat :sweat: I feel you, cold days are the best

Yeah I am notttt a fan of heat - whew, I'm enjoying the chilly weather as long as I can because the weather where we're living right now is wild!

@Amara-Agne said in The Dumb Adventures of Mark & Burt { 10-01-20 } A White Winter:

loving the snow pics, you are brave to ride in it, though i must say i hope to soon XD

Thank you! I knew I was gonna be fine D'Arcadia, she's a sweetie when she likes you :laughing:

• alt text
    {JUST A BEGINNER}
    ~:musical_note: :arrow_forward: ~
    "Yeehaw" Edition
    alt text

BB Lonetree Ranch, Colorado, USA :flag_us:
    ~
    IT'S TIME TO TRAIN CASHIE!
    Cash is graduating from just sitting doing nothing, this little dude is time to become a ranch horse. I got out my awesome ranch mare, Athena and it was time to WORK! Sorta. It's hard to train a horse my yourself sometimes. But it's AIGHT, Athena's got my back... it was time for some PONYING!
    ~
    alt text
    ~
    NOW BEFORE Y'ALL ARENA RIDING FOLK YELL AT ME... yes, Cashie IS a two year old. BUT! this is a different way of life and he's not doing fancy movement or jumping 4 foot fences. Little dude is well monitored and if he shows any signs of health issues to training IT WILL STOp... but he's had a saddle on him before and it's about time he starts LEARNIN' Though with his high ass he's gonna be given more time to grow sOoOoO his training is easy-ish for now. He's not doing tight circles or difficult movements, my dude has just started some ponying work with Athena.
    Cashie already knows Athena, they're half siblings!!! But he didn't understand the whole ponying thing at first. Athena isn't even fast. She's a smooth ride. Though Cash still had a lot of "AH WHATS HAPPENING??" moments cus Cashie is a little scatter brain like that. Though I think his paying attention to his surroundin' won't be a bad thing, just takes some learnin' to pay more attention. It's all a process, and it starts slow and I only wan't good experiences for a learnin horse. He was well behaved though, which I expected. Cashie has always been a good dude. I think he's gonna be a good trail pony one day and I'm happy with this dude so far. Athena was a sweetie to her little brother and just plodded along with what I asked while I tried focusing on getting Cash to get his feet workin.
    ~
    alt text
    ~
    alt text
    ~
    Buhbye!

Right, quick thing from me. Bee and I will be taking a short break from the blog due to some issues with Burt's manager and label blah blah blah, so Avery is gonna hold ship for a while. good luck. Cheers :wink:

• We'll see how Avery will hold up :P

Love how all the horses are smaller and compact and the chilled-ness of your photos... I need more, as per usual!

• Is Cash in his awkward yearling stage? And poor Athena, she seems to be so patient

• LOVE cash!

• {REPLIES}

@Lidija-Rotherford said in The Dumb Adventures of Mark & Burt { 14-01-20 } Just A Beginner:

We'll see how Avery will hold up :P

Love how all the horses are smaller and compact and the chilled-ness of your photos... I need more, as per usual!

Avery's got some big shoes to fill :laughing: All Ave's horses are pretty small actually, he likes to buy smaller horses so he looks bigger LOL! His horses are like all 15 hh chunky things

@Aurora-Bianchi said in The Dumb Adventures of Mark & Burt { 14-01-20 } Just A Beginner:

Is Cash in his awkward yearling stage? And poor Athena, she seems to be so patient

He's been stuck in an awkward yearling forever it seems! When he was younger he was all the more bum-high. And yes, a trait of their dam, Athena is a saint!

@Piper-Chance said in The Dumb Adventures of Mark & Burt { 14-01-20 } Just A Beginner:

LOVE cash!

Thank you! he's a little charmer!

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.