♕ Rotherford Estate | Lidija's Blog ~ finally a proper update! [15.04.'19]

• Development Committee

Ekk look at little Hope! She looks like she's settling in well and enjoying her new home :heart:

• Lovely poniesssss <3

• All of your horses a lovely & unique

• ahh Namandour looks so good <3

• @Octavia-Ryland said in ♕ Rotherford Estate | Lidija's Blog ~ confo shots [07.02.'19]:

Ekk look at little Hope! She looks like she's settling in well and enjoying her new home :heart:

She will soon meet our only other pony, hopefully they'll hit it off!

@Neeve-Kalford said in ♕ Rotherford Estate | Lidija's Blog ~ confo shots [07.02.'19]:

Lovely poniesssss <3

@Mira-Green said in ♕ Rotherford Estate | Lidija's Blog ~ confo shots [07.02.'19]:

All of your horses a lovely & unique

Thank you both!

alt text

Wanted to do RP entries for racing, but ended up making training and pasture shots of them instead. Could not be bothered with show settings for now :rofl:

First one off to training was Bugatti Veyron, our homebred sired by Beowulf and out of our mare Làurea. He was just recently started in his maiden race, which did not end so well, but we hope for more luck at home turf at the Zagreb Speed Series II.

Here he is with his jockey Melani, posing for some photos.

alt text

Next up for training was Arresto Momentum, another homebred of ours by Quay West and out of our mare Ally. Arresto has already started siring foals and he was always sold out when we had him up for stud, but sadly none of the foals are yet registered.

alt text

alt text

And our third racer (wooo I only have three!) is Azer who had a day off today which he spent in the pasture. I don't know much about racehorses IRL but I don't think they get much pasture time during the season, but hey it's pixel ponies!

alt text

alt text

When Bugatti came back, and his groom cooled him down, I took some shots of him without his tack. He is one amazing looking TB and we hope for a fabulous career as a stud for him!

alt text

alt text

alt text

In order to NOT keep this update short with only three horses (do you guys even thought I'd end there?) I did some ridden shots of the horses I showed off in the last update with confos :heart:

Kelly and I took Violane (left) and Lomitas (right) for a hack, and little Hope followed along on a leadrope! She was so cute and Lomitas was unphased that she trotted along.
    I think Violane is in love with him though :rofl:

alt text

Back at home we let Toppy (one with the lighter head) and Casalido out together, to begin with. Toppy will be joining our adult ID stallions soon and most likely he'll be paired with Conaire as he's as calm as they make them :thumbsup_tone2:

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

In the afternoon I went to work with Namandour in the indoor arena but she was too hot so she ended up being lunged only. Did anyone notice what small ears this mare has? :D

alt text

alt text

alt text

And here's a quick edit of Violane and Lomitas being cute xD Didn't mean to post this but it was too cute not to save as it's unposed behavior!

alt text

custom eyes by HorseStockPhotos on deviantArt

• Beautiful update.. so many stunning pons. Love your race horse photos. 3s many, xD glad you didnt end there..

• Bugatti really is an eye-catcher!

• Competition Committee

Toppy looks so happy <3

Also, I need a Thoroughbred baby from you xD

• @Lidija-Rotherford said in ♕ Rotherford Estate | Lidija's Blog ~ flat racers [11.02.'19]:

In order to NOT keep this update short with only three horses (do you guys even thought I'd end there?)

Ha you almost got me there! :top:

Gorgeous, gorgeous update as always! Your racers look great, Havelland just recently purchased a racehorse, so we'll see you on the track :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Also the last picture is so cute, glad you posted it! I love it when the horses fool arround a little in game :two_hearts:

• Hahah glad you all appreciate I didn't stop at three horses :rofl:

alt text

Today I took lots of photos but only gonna post the two!

It was a gray kind of day. I started out with our young ID Toppy who is such a sweetheart...

alt text

... and after him I rode Milky Way that we recently bought from @Danielle-Maddox !

alt text

• Milky Way is stunning! I love how simple the pictures are, they have a very real atmosphere to them :heart:

• @Isabella-Khrazenzia said in ♕ Rotherford Estate | Lidija's Blog ~ gray kind of day [18.02.'19]:

Milky Way is stunning! I love how simple the pictures are, they have a very real atmosphere to them :heart:

Thank you! No need to complicate :heartbeat:

• Beautiful Update as always, i have to say, you DIDNT give me a Sneak peak at Toppy and i have to say she is Breathtakingly beautiful <3
    Milkway is so pretty can get lost in her Eyes. love the Concentration on her Face

• love milky

• They both are stunning !!

• @Lexi-House I didn't? :O
    @Luke-Alhmann and @Jade-Nguyen thank you!

alt text

And now that it's morning I am going to post the rest!

We have a new dressage mare arrival that somewhat shocked us when she arrived. Brant, owner of Beverly and her colt Superstar, decided he wants to start dabbing into dressage as well as his well-known performances in jumping and eventing, so he went out and purchased a beautifully built 9yo Oldenburg mare named SSH Magpie. She was bred by @Danielle-Maddox and he got her from @Toni-Lamberti .

For now he has not ridden her, but instead he went shopping for the best posible dressage tack that exists and snugged her up in a blanket, wraps and bells and let her be and get accustomed. From what he told me he also has a saddle and bridle fitter coming to see Magpie next week.
    If I were I horse I'd wish to be Brant's horse!

alt text

I rode my beautiful mare Estrella, worked on some Grand Prix movements as we are hoping to move up to it soon. Estrella actually won her Inter II classes both in Maroon Bells show and at Devonian that was this weekend. She felt fine and compliments to my groom for braiding her :rofl:

alt text

After a few more horses I had my students and Alice was first with her assigned mount Incantation. They are on a string of good results and won their Second Level class at Maroon. Even though she started riding the 6yo mare just awhile ago, when the new rider rule was assigned, the two have made a really special bond.

I don't think the Parker's are going to buy Incantation for their daughter, especially since they have 4 of their horses here on board with us and it's not a small amount to cover it all. A fifth horse could be a tad bit too much.

Here's a nice little preview of how Alice gave the mare a kiss and the mare actually kissed her back haha :heart:

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

Next are another two winners from Maroon (yes, I am secretly sneaking in a winners update but on a regular everyday post instead of making show photos, he he he).

Both of these horses won ther Fourth Level classes :D
    On the left is Morsmordre, a mare that Arthur used to ride but was reassigned to Nikole as he had to take in two other horses for regular showing. She has been doing great in shows, both jumping and dressage ones, but we cannot believe she is already 6 years old! Time really flies!

On the right is Rockbow, our beautiful 9yo Irish Draught stallion heading up to higher levels. He won with his rider Joey (pictured in the middle) and ever since they were paired it wasa nice steady ride for them both.

alt text

Rockbow is one of those stallions that are not as prominent in our updates as he's not yet at any big levels or isn't that much sought after for breeding, although he is great breeding material. His parents are a little bit on the unknown side of Irish Draughts but hopefully Rocky will still make a name of himself and his offspring some day.

alt text

And here is a horse that is killing it since the day he arrived! Étoile is now ridden by Vienna and even though there were some bumps in the beginning they sorted it out.

They won their Prix St. Georges class at Maroon and are competing at CCI 2* eventing, which is his maxed level until we decide which career choice he'll go for after reaching 200pts. He was also an in-hand horse when he was younger, quite flashy and attractive!

alt text

I would also like to thank my lovely leasers @Toni-Lamberti and @Lexi-House for showing some extra horses of mine that I don't have room for! Lexi has always had solid results with RFE's dressage horses and at Maroon her rider Katie Geels won her Prix St. Georges class with our mare Curiosity!

As I don't have any pictures from the show or anything, here's a picture of the mare (the gray) with my gal Estrella just hanging out! :)

alt text

alt text

And last for the update is a horse we've waited SOOO LONG to start showing and it's our 4yo Lippizzan stallion TSHR Neapolitano Contessa! He's had three dressage starts and won his second one ever which we are very proud of!

He is ridden by George for the moment, but will be taken over by Petr when he reaches some higher levels!

alt text

• MY favorite update yet. <3 SO happy you had such wonderful results, and this is a wonderful group of horses here. I am Loving rockbow. I feel like i havnt really looked into him much. Thankyou for the praise. I love my RFE leasees like they are my own. <3 that lipizanner is just to die for. So much pretty in that one photo

• I love Contessa's picture, I was just admiring him in Slack. He is gorgeous!

• @Lexi-House said in ♕ Rotherford Estate | Lidija's Blog ~ gray kind of day pt.2 [18.02.'19]:

MY favorite update yet. <3 SO happy you had such wonderful results, and this is a wonderful group of horses here. I am Loving rockbow. I feel like i havnt really looked into him much. Thankyou for the praise. I love my RFE leasees like they are my own. <3 that lipizanner is just to die for. So much pretty in that one photo

Thank you Lexi! There aren't many Lippizzans around so hopefully he'll start a trend :P

@Samantha-Jadirea said in ♕ Rotherford Estate | Lidija's Blog ~ gray kind of day pt.2 [18.02.'19]:

I love Contessa's picture, I was just admiring him in Slack. He is gorgeous!

Thank you so much for admiring him in Slack AND now here! :star:

• alt text

Today I prepared an update close to my heart as I am presenting homebred Irish Draught stallions that are currently developing in sport and are the active pillars of my Irish Draught breeding!

Keep in mind that the keyword here is homebred and that I DO have other beautiful ID stallions from other gorgeous stables that are in breeding and are developing in sport, but now I wanna show off horses I bred some time ago :D

Theano
    SLS Teater x Liberty's Sky Princess
    9yo | dressage | show jumping

Theano is our version of Cathrine Dufour's Cassidy. Big, beautiful, light and chestnut! He reminds us very much of him since the day he started showing.
    A very gentle horse and very kind.

He is a pleasure to work with and recently he's been a more popular choice among our ID stallions!

alt text

alt text

alt text

Inverno
    RFE Incandescente x StE Maleficent
    14yo | dressage | ridden showing

Inverno is carrying the bloodlines of Incand and will soon be bred to a special ID mare from our lines to create another heir for the "IN" lineage himself.

He has been retired from dressage after a very big and successful career and is now focusing in lighter work as a ridden showing horse.

alt text

Conaire II
    EV Conaire Quaid x OCN Belleza
    9yo | dressage | classical dressage

This one is a special one, especially to his rider Tia, because he is the only foal we ever had (for ourselves) by Conaire Quaid. Quaid lived a long, happy life in retirement with us at pasture, and died many years ago due to old age at 25 years old.

His son, Conaire II, has been absolutely killing it in both arenas and is one of our most attractive looking Irish Draughts conformation wise. We are definitely working into merging his beautiful body type into more of our lines! At only 9 years of age he is showing at Intermediare I in dressage and is working his way up in classical dressage, but he never disappoints! :heart:

alt text

alt text

Rockbow
    On The Rocks PJ x KA Cammelia Darjeeling
    9yo | dressage | ridden showing

Rocky is primarily a dressage horse but we took him into ridden dressage so that he won't be bored. He needs a job to do and he loves, loves, loves to work.

I posted about him in the previous update with his show rider Joey, but Tia leads our Irish Draughts under saddle so she always sits at least once every two weeks to see if there's any progress and what needs to be fixed, if anything. Some riders are not thrilled by it but that's one of a few simple rules of working for RFE :P

alt text

alt text

Kingsway
    WFS King x BE Lost In Wonderland
    9yo | dressage | eventing

The heir to King's name and half brother to our superstar of a mare Kinmorina. He is about 20-30 points in dressage behind Kinmorina but he is at over 170 points in another discipline, so techincally he is a better catch!

He has not been shown much in updates but he has a killer pedigree and is as calm as they come. His mom is one of the best schoolhorses we had (she is 24yo and retired now from everything) and his dad has a moderate amount of sass in him. Thankfully he took fully towards his mom!

Kingsway was also voted best butt of RFE when he was a young colt and there was this pasture photo with him and another young horse and he was grazing but his butt was in the frame. So someone commented what a lovely butt he has! :rofl: So now I did get a shot of his fancy butt as well!

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.