♕ Rotherford Estate | Lidija's Blog ~ Incand, Raden & Armani breeding shots [13.12.'17]

• alt text
    alt text
    Hey guys,
    so I will be posting my updates in this forum and in this "blog" from now on :) Hopefully I will soon get accustomed to all of these novelties, for now I am super confused!
    Anyhow, best regards from me and my team from RFE! :two_hearts:

• alt text

It was a cold-ish morning in Northport when the trailer arrived. The year of 2017 meant that some of our older horses are going to retire by the time 2018 knocks on the door, and new generations needed to be on their way. Ella arranged some embryo transfers last breeding season and today these foals were 6 months old and ready to be weaned from their surrogate moms. Two more foals are planned, but have not yet been arranged with receiving dams. At least not for one of them, as the other foal is going to be carried naturally by Ally, our retired Thoroughbred flat racing mare.

I was there very early as I had some horses to ride. In the pasture by the main stable it was still dark, meaning Susan and George were asleep. Tommy was home for the winter holidays but was now back in school, so he was no longer here. What greeted me was a bit of a territorial whinny from RFE Red Rubin "Ruby", who was out in her pasture.

alt text

I just looked at her way, knowing that she needs some more time to settle and is for some reason not so fond of me in particular. She likes Susan and George who feed and groom her though, but that's somewhat expected, now isn't it? I went inside the barn and heard a happy neigh from RFE Clarissa, a young 9yo International Sporthorse mare that we reclaimed from an inactive owner quite some time ago. She was the one I had to ride first, and to get it all done in time before the foals arrive. She loves to work and was happy to be groomed and saddled, and was a good ride today. She's rough around the edges, but got registered today and will start her official showing career in eventing and show jumping soon enough :heart_decoration:

alt text

alt text

After her I had one of the team's favourites, who hasn't yet been introduced! She is a horse we have on loan for over a year now, and she is potentially here to stay. Wenske von Foster is a Friesian owned by Diana Sæterbakken, and we have been showing her in Combined Driving with lots of success. Given that Diana is making reductions in her stable we sent an inquiry about wether this gorgeous girl is going to stay on loan with us or is the contract being ended. She is staying on loan and we can take her to be a permanent part of RFE if we want to. For now we are considering that offer but the lovely mare will probably stay with us for good. We have developed a great bond with her. I would be sad to see her go, same as I was sad when we leased FAA State of the Union from Alastair Schrödinger and the lease ended, I really liked that horse! Anyhow, here's Wenske under saddle for a change :smile: Gena usually drives her, but today I was riding.

alt text

While I was untacking her I saw Arthur's car arriving, meaning that the trailer was just a few seconds behind him, and I was right. Our black trailer parked after him and I saw Susan happily "trotting" from the house with some carrots and a leadrope. We didn't have foals in Northport for quite some time, and just a few days ago RFE Uruk-hai arrived, so two more babies were something super exciting for Susan who loves them so, so, so much.

We let the little colt in first with Uruk. They greeted each other politely and trotted away; my guess is that Uruk was gonna show him around, not even aware that a cute filly is about to plop her head out the trailer and join them. And she did, but she had some catching up to do! Surprisingly neither of the two foals were shy and accepted the new location instantly. For how long they will be so careless - I can't tell - but I hope they keep their cheerfulness :smile:

alt text

alt text

And a group photo, from left to right:

RFE Bardini (might get a name change)(colt by Barbaro HA x DHS/RFE Hridine), RFE Glamazon (filly by Celeridad Clodoveo x Ávila de Castlemore) and RFE Uruk-hai (colt by Ocean Pearl's Benzin x UW Ourania) :heart_decoration:

alt text

• I :heart: the foals!!! I like your photos, because are naturals and few person have these type of photos.

• @Borja-Domecq said in ♕ Rotherford Estate | Lidija's Blog:

I :heart: the foals!!! I like your photos, because are naturals and few person have these type of photos.

Thank you! I love to still keep the feel of the game in my everyday updates but then try to take it up a notch in my competition entries! :)

• Aww Benzin's Baby!! Already told you but I have to say it again - he is super cute :hugging: I'm going to stalk him :)

• @Constantine-Vale said in ♕ Rotherford Estate | Lidija's Blog:

Aww Benzin's Baby!! Already told you but I have to say it again - he is super cute :hugging: I'm going to stalk him :)

You definitely have to, he's gonna do wonders!

• Uruk-hai :heart_eyes: Such a cutie, like I said on the other forum. And Clarissa looks like a nice mare, too! Good you got her back, now she's in good hands ^^

• @Mandy-McAvoy said in ♕ Rotherford Estate | Lidija's Blog:

Uruk-hai :heart_eyes: Such a cutie, like I said on the other forum. And Clarissa looks like a nice mare, too! Good you got her back, now she's in good hands ^^

Thanks! Well yes, she is a lovely mare and you know I love my Grade Horse so she's a hard one to consider selling :)

• Hiii Lidi .. i'm back here ..

ohh beauty babiiiieeesss

• @Nina-Ricchi said in ♕ Rotherford Estate | Lidija's Blog:

Hiii Lidi .. i'm back here ..

ohh beauty babiiiieeesss

Wohooo, glad you made it here! :kiss:

• Favorite blog. :astonished: :hearts:

• FOALS <3

• Competition Committee

I have to admit when I first saw the group foal photo, I thought Bardini had some sort of funky elbow spikes or hair tuft, because of how the white of his marking blended into the fence :P had to take a second look at that one! Gorgeous photos, as usual Lidija!

• I really like your new logo Lidija! Your scrappie is already full of pretty pons and foals! Cant wait to see more :two_hearts:

• @Toni-Lamberti said in ♕ Rotherford Estate | Lidija's Blog:

Favorite blog. :astonished: :hearts:

Thank you so much, it's a pleasure to have some devoted stable fans like you are :heart_decoration:

@Serena-Bass said in ♕ Rotherford Estate | Lidija's Blog:

FOALS <3

YES FOALS, FINALLY FOALS :D

@Chloe-Dunbar said in ♕ Rotherford Estate | Lidija's Blog:

I have to admit when I first saw the group foal photo, I thought Bardini had some sort of funky elbow spikes or hair tuft, because of how the white of his marking blended into the fence :P had to take a second look at that one! Gorgeous photos, as usual Lidija!

I had a problem with seeing what you were and theeen I saw it! He's actually getting a custom marking made for himself so that's not how he'll end up looking, but he'll look fab and most importantly - realistic!

@Jasmin-Mikaelson said in ♕ Rotherford Estate | Lidija's Blog:

I really like your new logo Lidija! Your scrappie is already full of pretty pons and foals! Cant wait to see more :two_hearts:

Can't wait to make more for all you guys!

• alt text

Things have been a little bit crazy in Northport since we just got another wonderful horse returned to us. It is very late so I am going to keep this update short and sweet - RFE Castigo is back at Rotherford! He is sired by VS Triton and is out of BUS Dibella.
    The 7yo Finnish Warmblood did not have much luck, accumulating a little over 20 points and currently jumping 1,00m. We have entered him in the current show and hopefully he'll do a bit better, for us to see what we're working with.

Down the line he will be for sale as we do not need another foal by Triton, so if anyone has a good offer lemme know! :heart_decoration:

alt text

alt text

alt text

On another note, I did not feel like having foals around for too long so I aged up the three foals from the last update! They are still aged as youngsters so no change there, but I just had to see what they look like grown up! (+ send in their registrations so I needed photos)

First up...

RFE Uruk-hai (Ocean Pearl's Benzin x UW Ourania)

alt text

RFE Glamazon (Celeridad Clodoveo x Ávila de Castlemore)

alt text

RFE Barlume Hridayesh II (previously named "Bardini")(Barbaro HA x DHS/RFE Hridine)

alt text

To tell you ALL the truth I have fallen in love with Barlume and I think I got myself a new top stud right next to Incandescente! He is absolutely magnificent! :heart_decoration:
    Many thanks to Tiffany Tieman for his custom shoulder+butt marking (all one single marking)! It was just what I needed for him, he is flawless now!

• gorgeous horses

• They look fantastic! From obvious reasons I'm Uruk-hai's fan :) Love his name, coat and he turns out to be beautifully built boy, I see a lot of Benzin in him. Stunning :hugging:

• Your new babies are all gorgeous Lidija, I really like Glamazon's conformation :relaxed:

• I think i just fell in love with Barlume :heart_eyes_cat:

• lovely :heart_decoration:

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.