♕ Rotherford Estate | Lidija's Blog ~ Incendio + Holland [11.11.'19]

• beautiful Blue Stone, welcome to your new rider :)

• PR Committee

So happy to see Eponine getting some love! That old girl certainly deserves it! Also she is a flaxen chestnut not a palomino ;) her golden is certainly deceiving! She's been one of my best mares and has produced multiple champions for me and other members! She's very special! It means a lot to see her featured in your blog and giving her the publicity she deserves! I love those golden and pink colors in the background. She looks so peaceful and content.

• Wow. Monkey Blue Stone and All My Heart are gorgeous! :heart_eyes:

• The sunset on your photos is wooow 😍
    Welcome to Akira :)

• Thanks everyone!

@Danielle-Maddox Whoops, flaxen, my mistake!

alt text

Today I have prepared a pretty hefty update as I REALLY wanted to update on A LOT of horses! So hang on to your seats, this is gonna be picture heavy!

We got some horses back from Kassidy, a 10yo ISH mare RFE Latta (by RFE Tritonis Leviathan III) and a 9yo ISH mare RFE Illona (by RFE Incendio himself). We are yet unsure what we will do with them as they have not been shown much and are at the beginning stages of their careers, but with each getting hefty bonuses in their disciplines I doubt that we will have problems with either competing them or selling them if that's the direction we choose.

I got the ride on Illona today, the Incendio daughter, and she was okay. Carries herself nicely just like her parents but personally she did not wow me. She is a bit behind on her training but hopefully she'll catch up during the fall and winter months.

alt text

alt text

My groom prepared Vicky for me to ride after Ilona. I tried to take a nice picture with both of them but I guess reality is a bit different from perfect Instagram shots!

alt text

alt text

Anyhow, Vicky, the chestnut on the left, is my top level show hunting mare and she is turning 15 this January! :O We bought her a long time ago and I have since then had many, many victories with her. Given that her show name is Victory, it's only logical she'd win classes :P
    She is closing in on 300 points and we will probably retire her to brood as she is a super character and would make a great mom or surrogate!

alt text

Another horse that Vicky and I shared the arena with today was Indoctro that arrived sometime ago from @Jasmine-Wilkinson . He is only 4 years old and we don't own him for long enough for me to say something constructive about him :shrug_tone2: He is an eyecatcher, nice mover and so far so good!

alt text

As Josephine was riding Indoctro, Gena arrived with a horse that could easily be his doppelganger! A horse that has a heart of gold and would do anything for food - Altair! Vienna used to ride him but with Chanel-One starting her showing career we gave Altair to Noah. Noah is not as experienced at the level Altair is at (1.50m) but the horse will definitely help him learn. As Noah is currently away for a reining show with Pikachu and Banshee, Gena took the ride on the big gray!

alt text

Another horse that arrived with Indoctro was Zavall, a gray SEA Arabian mare. Zavall was actually a horse that Gena fell in love with at first sight, so the Saragon sired filly is now being ridden under our colors. They are showing in endurance (alongside Gena's mare Kareer) and in ridden showing.
    The gray mare is super cuddly and otherwise a typical Arabian, a bit on the hot side, but given that she is also only 4 years old she doesn't yet have the stamina to be too hot for too long hahah

alt text

Later that day we took some other show hunters (that are long overdue to be updated on!) for a hack. These fall days have been really cloudy and dull, with sun only appearing for a brief hour or so in the morning :/

alt text

I took my trusty, eldest show hunter Vala (16 years old) out for a short hack alone, before we went with the rest. She is still hot as a hot air balloon, even at her age, so is best not to have youngsters be encouraged by her :face_palm_tone2:
    This mare is also my top level mount and closing in on 320 points. She retired from show jumping after reaching the fifth title, and we focused solely on hunting as it suited her better from the start. Soon she will be retiring to brood as well, most likely this January or maybe when she turns 18 in May 2020.

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

While I was finishing up with her, the team was getting our hacking horses ready. And they were preparing four for now and two more for later, so it was quite a hassle!

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

And off we went!

From left to right: Gena on Cayenne, me on Cavani, Nikole on Locomotor and Josephine on Achilles!

Cayenne and Achilles are our sales project horses and will be available for purchase, officially, in December. However, anyone who is interested can contact us now to ask around.

Cayenne actually won both her show hunting starts so already has her first title and 30 points, which we are very proud of! Achilles also won his first outing and has now placed 4th in his second outing, but he won his both field hunting starts! So after just four completed classes he already has over 50 points to his name :star:

Cavani is 10 years old already and we got her a long, long time ago from @Malin-Støvreide , my dear friend IRL. Cavani is closing in on her fifth and last titles in both her disciplines and is competing at the highest levels in both show and field hunting :heart: A very talented horse!

alt text

And last of the group is our homebred Locomotor, son of our athletic stallion The Nightcaller, who, at 19 years of age, is now solely being shown in ridden showing. Locomotor is 8 years old and QUITE a success! Currently Loco holds the #1 spot on the show hunters leaderboard with 58 points earned, and later this November he will have his Derby level debut, for which he already qualifies! He started off pretty slow so we were unsure if he'll remain in hunting, but in the past 2 years he's really come 'round!

alt text

When these four returned home, Nikole and Gena took the remaining two for a hack.

alt text

Nikole took Bonita (cantering) and Gena rode Kitara (jumping). Both of these mares are also sales projects and come from the same stable as Achilles and Cayenne.

Bonita and her show rider Joey won their last show hunting outing and Kitara with her show rider Melani placed 6th in the same class which Cayenne won and in which Achilles came 4th (and our young Irish Draught mare Vicentia came 3rd in!). They are both lovely mares and we also wish them all the luck in the world in these remaining few shows before their sale!

alt text

Back at home the action never stops! With over 250 horses in our care, there's always something to do!

While Gena and Nikole were hacking, Josephine also got on another horse and this time it was Tenny the Irish Draught. The 9yo stallion had an easy flatwork scheduled before his jump school tomorrow :)
    He is one of those naturally strong horses and he develops his skills and physique quite fast. Even when we got him as a youngster from @Alexandra-Yashirina he was already buff and defined!

alt text

Aaand given that I managed to set up the cinematic DOF in my new Reshade - I can now have nice and proper pictures from the indoor arena! :D And as the days are getting colder and shorter, not all riders want to continue riding out in the cold and the wind. Gabriel is one of them.

Here we have Gabriel with his 7yo Hanoverian mount Cashmere and they're having a slow day today as well. About 10 days ago he and the gray son of Coup D'Etat won their 1.40m class at Shepparton World Cup II, which is a great accomplisment especially because it was Cashmere's debut at 1.40m! Well done you two!

alt text

But Gabriel still had one horse to jump today and it was Sailing. I am featuring this 8yo gelding, YET AGAIN, because he and his rider Alice just keep bringing it! The pair also brought home a victory at Shepparton and it was at the 1.50m class for riders under 20 years old! Big, big, BIG accomplishment both for Alice and for Sailing!

Gabriel jumped him today for Alice as she is having some issues with her older mare Goldie, and unfortunately they had to drive her to the clinic :(

alt text

Petar took the advantage of some bigger jumps in the arena to school Caprea over some of them. Caprea is now 11 years old and she is the daughter of Damon and a mare we called Tabby and which we loved to bits (she was sold on) :heart:
    Caprea and Petar have been cruising in 1.50-1.60m classes and just taking home ribbon after ribbon. They will soon reach 300 points and we are also considering to retire her as well as she's truly done everything now.

alt text

Gonna be featured TWICE in this update - Vicentia! :heart_eyes:
    The beeaaautiful gray Irish Draught mare by Bucephalus just freshly turned 4 so she will participate in a couple of shows through November and then will make very good use of the show break, to continue on fresh and strong in 2020. Josephine let her run around the arena a bit with her tack on, and even though she's proven herself quite lovely in the beginner show hunting courses, she still has lots of baby-horse energy to drain out!

How much prettier can she get?!

alt text

alt text

The next morning...

alt text

alt text

alt text

There is another hunting star growing in RFE and that is the heiress of Rock and Roll himself - miss Vamos Vivaldi! The 8yo Crabbet Arabian mare is already sneaking up on 250 points (yeah, you read that right!) and is a feared opponent at Working level hunting. We decided to have hunting as her only focus as that is what she was bred to do and is enjoying it very much.

alt text

We got ready for another gloomy morning hack, as we got really lazy and are preparing our horses to the scenery so that we can all gallop through the fields when the snow falls :rofl:

From left to right Josephine and Vicentia (again, yes), Melani and Coffee and Gabriel with Lotto.

Coffee and Lotto don't have anything special I can say. Both are Grand Prix show jumpers, and Coffee got retired from eventing after maxing out. He was never as athletic on the XC course as one top level eventer SHOULD be, so for his safety and the safety of his rider he is no longer jumping fixed fences :exclamation:

Lotto will also be retiring when he reaches 300 points (he's at 288) and will turn more to his stud "duties".

alt text

You guys all met Anita in our last post, so here are some pics of her from Ardorwen!
    America's next top model haha :laughing:

alt text

Preparing for a ride with Gretchen :heart_decoration:

alt text

And here she is with Baby, and her dad Petar giving her some tips at the gate

alt text

And for the end I saved pictures of me with my two currently most active horses!
    The boys actually like each other enough to go into pasture together, so they are having some time off today as well.

My big boy Cluedo is turning 14 this January and it's just too much for me to handle haha I can't bear the fact that in 3-4 years he will be retiring as well :cry: The good news is that we made our Grand Prix debut already, and even though we still didn't win any Grand Prixs, we placed BOTH times! So very proud of my nugget!

alt text

Larry, who is looking awfully confused in my picture with Cluedo, is progressing super nice in jumping (already at 160pts :O ) and nice in eventing as well, where he is at 91 points. When he reaches his last title in jumping I will be completely focusing him on eventing as that's my main desire to do with him.

alt text

• @Danielle-Maddox said in ♕ Rotherford Estate | Lidija's Blog ~ massive update [06.11.'19]:

Also she is a flaxen chestnut not a palomino ;) her golden is certainly deceiving!

This made me laugh cause when I posted my comment it was a flaxen but then I was like whooops it says palomino so I changed it xD

• Interesting angles ! Love how autumn-themed are these photos ^ ^

• Holy wonders of a update.. lotta is stunning, let me know if you decide to sell either.

What a HUGE update, so much going on... it's good to see some of your Not shown heaps ones.

Loving the color scheme, it's beautiful. Really makes it feel alive.

• So many pictures in a post you have courage xD But they are always beautiful!

• what a huuuge update! 😲
    I can't pick my favourite... Baby looks so adorable 💕 Illona is stunning, i love her coat. And obviously Cashmere because hano
    250 horses to care for every day?? wow.. and here i am struggling to care for 20 😂

• @Lidija-Rotherford said in ♕ Rotherford Estate | Lidija's Blog ~ massive update [06.11.'19]:

@Therese-Lind You like drafts? :D Thank you, I was going for that nice overcast halter-show-day mood :joy:

Ugh I just hate when I don't get notifications when I'm tagged so here's a very late reply :see_no_evil:
    I do, I have a small herd of North Swedish Drafts at my stable and I hope I can afford a horse IRL one day as well (NSD ofc) ^^

I think most of us need a break from shows, everyone is exhausted after a long year with shows every month :sweat: It will be nice to just let the horses relax and have some fun and some of our staff will have a short vacation during christmas to visit their families <3 It's some nice looking horses! That palomino is stunning, it looks like her coat is made of fire it's so vibrant in the sunlight. Congrats to Anita's and Gretchen's win in their debut, such a young and talented rider! I bet she will have a great career ahead of her :star2:

• My boy Cluedo looking goooood :D Im so proud of him and happy that he does so well with you <3 keep it up!!

• @Jade-Nguyen I still didn't change it in the post :face_palm_tone2: And thank you!
    @Lexi-House Who is Lotta? The mare shown in the update is Illona, if you mean Latta, I have to remake her as I've lost the file :(
    @Shagaia-Nedja-ri Thanks :D Well I always tend to shock with an occasional huge update :rofl:
    @Maria-Jones Yep, I have around 266 files in my external "sim-bin" so... uh
    @Therese-Lind VERY late hahah but doesn't matter! And thank you, I always like the break because I don't have to hunt down shows and enter even when I didn't plan on turning on the PC that day :P
    @Kára-Morgan You have lots to be proud of!

• alt text

Today we got a sunny day! For more than just one or two hours in the morning!

Everyone was out and about, riding, mingling and overall enjoying the fall colors and a slightly warmer day compared to the rest of the week.

Josie and Vienna took the Chanel and Velvet, full sisters but 2 years apart in age, out for a walk before their training.
    Chanel and Vienna (left) are showing at 90cm for the time being and Velvet and Josephine (right) will be having their first start, at 60cm, this month, as Velvet just recently turned 4.

alt text

I don't know how many of you check leaderboards but our boy Macintosh, ridden by Vienna, is currently holding the #1 position in dressage! We did not have a horse end on a leaderboard top in the big three disciplines since Fürstin retired so we hope he can keep that position until December :heart:

alt text

In TREC we have a 2nd place holder, for now, Maserati and his rider Nikole, and they are just one point behind the beautiful Walkaloosa stallion Teitur's Confetti. This will be a real battle and I can't wait to see who rises to the top!
    Well, Maserati likes to rise to the top but not in a good way. He seemed to be pretty fresh today even before entering the arena!

alt text

Another 1st place holder is Lomitas with his rider Matthew, but they are reigning above everyone else in combined driving. The chestnut Gidran stallion is only 5 years old but he has really been showing off more and more as he is maturing. He is really full of himself but due to the rarity of the breed we will not be gelding him under any (non health related) circumstances.

He also got a lovely clip because he turned into a bear :bear:

alt text

alt text

And last for this update is Egyptian, the 3rd place overall holder at the ridden showing leaderboard :trophy:

Egyptian is the foal of the mare Goldie, mentioned to be headed to the clinic with her owner Alice. The mare had to be kept over the weekend sadly, so Alice did not travel back but stayed over just in case.

Egyptian is 15 years old and his dam is 21. He completed his career in dressage and show hunting A LONG time ago and is now just doing ridden showing with lots of success, with three titles in it so far. He is a cute little gelding and we hope he will be reunited with his dam pretty soon!

alt text

• Nice to see Macintosh again! :D congrats for being first place with him!
    also Maserati seems to be such a hothead! he is very beautiful though <3
    and Lomitas! :heart_eyes: I am glad he is doing fine in combined driving and that he won't be gelded. My mare Neroli would be really sad :rofl: lol
    Egyptian's marking is so gorgeous! Is it based on some thoroughbred?

• @Claire-von-Hohenfeld said in ♕ Rotherford Estate | Lidija's Blog ~ leaderboard highs [10.11.'19]:

Nice to see Macintosh again! :D congrats for being first place with him!
    also Maserati seems to be such a hothead! he is very beautiful though <3
    and Lomitas! :heart_eyes: I am glad he is doing fine in combined driving and that he won't be gelded. My mare Neroli would be really sad :rofl: lol
    Egyptian's marking is so gorgeous! Is it based on some thoroughbred?

Yeah, no gelding for sure! My riders will have to cope!

Regarding Egyptian, I don't know! He is a paint horse and they get pretty fancy :D

• It's great to see Macintosh is doing so great with you! I remember selling him with some pain, but seeing him do so well really makes me happy. I don't think I have any big regrets towards my choice now, he's looking amazing! :heart:

• Wow the coat of Mazerati :two_hearts: Your horses look in excellent shape and happy

!

• My horses seriously need a clipping. They sweat like monkeys in a sauna xD

• this rearing photo is epic!!

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.