♕ Rotherford Estate | Lidija's Blog ~ PIC HEAVY - school-pons part.2 [16.12.'18]

• Imma just set up camp. Absolutely beautiful!

• They are all gorgeous, but Sokol :heart_eyes: Definitely a favourite here :heart:

• I swear, all your horses are so gorgeous and smooth

• Thanks everyone! Sokol seems to be the local heartstealer!

alt text

Time for Vienna's 10 mounts! Well... 7 in this update because three were far away in their pastures and had the day off and I didn't feel like walking over to them haha
    Out of the bunch Vienna only owns one horse and she rides the rest for RFE :)

Helena
    8yo Irish Sport Horse mare
    Had enough of superstars? Well, I think not.
    Helena is Vienna's big show jumping mount and they're already at 1.50m. Helena is another talented horse but on the down-low because she's not ridden by any of our "fancy" riders so doesn't get much scrappy time. It is by no means good as she was a hard sale, meaning that the seller thought hard and well before selling her to us.

The pair is at 140pts and Helena actually brought home a victory in her 1.50m debut at the beginning of October! Seems our riders ride well in debuts and start overthinking later, eh?

alt text

Helena doesn't grow much (quality) hair so we keep everything short and her mane roached, as it just looks better for her.

alt text

Iridescent
    16yo Irish Sport Horse stallion
    Frequently mistaken for a mare, this gorgeous gray stallion has really turned into a recreational mount with time. This fella is by our lovely homebred RFE Tuoi Segreti, but just didn't inherit all the fancy stuff from the lineage.
    He is correct and Vienna rides him well, so that's why they place frequently. But he is really a recreational mount, as said above, a lovely contenter at the Prix St. Georges dressage level and 1.20m jumping.

alt text

Gogo
    17yo International Sporthorse gelding
    Out of the bunch Gogo is the only horse Vienna really owns. However, due to his age and level restrictions, Gogo is leased out to @Lexi-House and competes in eventing and dressage with one of her riders. He is actually at 161pts in BOTH disciplines and has the same amount of earnings in BOTH! (a bit funny, no?)

Here's a photo of him lounging at his pasture...

alt text

Afterthought
    9yo Dutch Warmblood stallion
    This is the one whose name has been buzzing around since we got him! "Will he be for stud?" being the most common one.
    The answer is - YES, he will, but somewhere in spring 2019 when we get our full breeding offer back in motion. For now all our horses are on request-only, meaning that they aren't promoted in ads and threads as they were up to a month ago.

This gorgeous fella adapted well to RFE and is already among our best placed ridden showing horses and placed super high in all three judged dressage starts he competed in under RFE colors (3rd, 5th and now 1st in his last outing at Third Level). He is competing at Fourth Level now and I cannot wait to see the results!

He is big, and heavy, but spunky and sooo good looking!

alt text

Sailing
    5yo Hanoverian gelding
    Are you keeping track of how many geldings I've listed so far? :P

We gave Sailing's reins to Vienna because he is really turning out to be a special horse and out of us all Vienna has the most time. She "only" rides 5-7 horses each day so she'd have the extra time for his additional walks, grooming and lots of treats she's been stuffing him with.

Sailing is an eventer and show jumper and even though he's just gonna start out eventing, he's already close to his 2nd jumping title! :D Vienna took him on a brisk hack and let him stretch his legs a bit, as he really does love that!
    He's also slowly becoming one of my fave pons to play with :grin:

alt text

Rufus
    8yo British Warmblood stallion
    This one is for @Toni-Lamberti ! She said she is a big fan of this colored fella! One day if we'll be selling him she will be our first pick!

Rufus is solely an eventer and we have set some high goals for him and thus high goals for Vienna. She is not the boldest eventer at higher levels (but jumps 1.50m with Helena without a flinch, I have no idea how!) so a horse like Rufus who doesn't back down is something she needs for her confidence. We could have given her a stronger horse, who will go EVEN bolder and faster but she'd always feel like she was going too big or too fast. Rufus is like a good car, he is going fast enough but without you feeling it so much on his back and through his movement.
    The pair is now at CCI 2* and have really had a setback since moving up to this level from the CCI1*. They even won in June and August when they were in lower levels, and now they've set at the bottom of the board.

alt text

alt text

And the last one for this update (tomorrow she'll ride the remaining three while another three have a day off) is

Kana
    5yo Dutch Warmblood mare
    Our only horse by RDEC Lavatin an with oh so much color! She is in eventing and ridden showing as we didn't want her to do dressage but still do something to present herself on the flat under saddle. For her age she is doing well in both disciplines, even snatched a 2nd place in her last ridden showing competition and winning her last eventing outing Falsterbo IV!

A bit scopey and can get a bit worried when jumping, they can't all be calm and bold!

alt text

• Rufus ❤️ I just love him so much! He’s so handsome and his little face over jumps is adorable.

Gorgeous horses, as always. ❤️

• @Toni-Lamberti said in ♕ Rotherford Estate | Lidija's Blog ~ Vienna's mounts [16.11.'18]:

Rufus ❤️ I just love him so much! He’s so handsome and his little face over jumps is adorable.

Gorgeous horses, as always. ❤️

Thank you my dear!

• I love logging in after a few busy days and seeing that you've updated, you are honestly one of my favourite scrapbooks ever and I'm so jealous of all your gorgeous horses, and how active you are with all of them.. definitely something for me to aspire to! :heart: I didn't think I'd be seeing UD Boston again, and its such a welcome surprise. I owned him yeaaaaars ago before selling him, pretty crazy to think he was born the same time as Beverly! he's a bit of catching up to do :wink: also.. Hetman!! absolutely adore this horse, and it seems like he's inherited his dams 'scope' :laughing:

• ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤Iridescent❤❤❤❤❤❤❤ but....Im also biased.
    And I'm with Eowyn! Your scrapbook is one of my absolute favorites.

• Kana is absolutly stunning _

• @Eowyn-Vance said in ♕ Rotherford Estate | Lidija's Blog ~ Vienna's mounts [16.11.'18]:

I love logging in after a few busy days and seeing that you've updated, you are honestly one of my favourite scrapbooks ever and I'm so jealous of all your gorgeous horses, and how active you are with all of them.. definitely something for me to aspire to! :heart: I didn't think I'd be seeing UD Boston again, and its such a welcome surprise. I owned him yeaaaaars ago before selling him, pretty crazy to think he was born the same time as Beverly! he's a bit of catching up to do :wink: also.. Hetman!! absolutely adore this horse, and it seems like he's inherited his dams 'scope' :laughing:

Thank you so much, means a lot as I love your horses so much as well!
    I know about Boston and never thought he'd be offered for sale, for sure not at this age. He won't catch up a lot 'cause he's old but at least something to give to his offspring! :D

@Nora-Pigott said in ♕ Rotherford Estate | Lidija's Blog ~ Vienna's mounts [16.11.'18]:

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤Iridescent❤❤❤❤❤❤❤ but....Im also biased.
    And I'm with Eowyn! Your scrapbook is one of my absolute favorites.

Thank you Nora :heart:

@Katherine-Star-Ackles said in ♕ Rotherford Estate | Lidija's Blog ~ Vienna's mounts [16.11.'18]:

Kana is absolutly stunning _

Thank you! It's not THE best photo of her but I'm glad you see past that :rofl:

• alt text

It's been almost a month but I am back with an update! I was just busy and didn't have time to open the game besides making the Irish Draughts for auction!

I finished off last update with Vienna's mounts, but three are still to be shown!

Bellucci
    6yo Swedish Warmblood stallion
    This is probably one of the flashiest horses we own. He knows he's downright gorgeous and he aways plays this card. Bellucci arrived originally to be ridden by either Gabriel or Tia, but even though he shows immense talent, neither had proper time to bring him on alongside other projects they have. Especially Tia with all the Irish Draught arrivals.

So now Vienna and Bellucci are plodding along Fourth Level and he's closing in on his first 100 points in dressage :heart: He really has a heart of gold and we hope one day he'll be a sought after sire.

alt text

Altair
    9yo American Warmblood stallion
    The big, cuddly, lazy bear! Altair is all about imitating sloths and doing things with a shortcut, if possible. He is really the perfect horse for anyone and if we had a kid we'd plop it on him, but we don't!

He's being shown at 1.10m jumping and at Intermediate eventing with nice success. If you aim properly he'll jump clear, if you steer the wrong way... he won't listen to you and he'll take you over the jump anyway :rofl:

As you can see he is also drop dead gorgeous but always on a lookout for snacks.

alt text

alt text

Nico
    13yo Grade Horse mare
    Nico, or full name Nicopression, is a long time partner of Vienna's. She arrived the same time as Desperado did, so Vienna took Nico and Josie took Desperado. Thankfully both horses were equally successful, but Desperado is now competing at CCI 4* while Nico is retired from eventing. Vienna noticed the mare was backing off and she felt like Nico had it with elite level eventing.

She got a second career now, as she's so young, in ridden showing. Her first few shows were a bit hot and hectic, but in her last one they got 5th place! :trophy:

Vienna jumps her here and there at home, now she did it for the photos. She'd be better off doing dressage and more obedience-related stuff and not sprint her around the arena, but... nothing to say :rofl:

alt text

alt text

Now that's all of Vienna's horses, officially! I have some other horses to show off in this update as well!

RFE is very interested in a young Westphalian stallion Cluedo, owned by @Idoya-Cinta . Idoya was so very kind to send him over for a trial period, but we were not ready to see three horses coming off the truck.

She figured it would be a good thing to offer us a trial period on Cluedo's sire Contendro I and his dam Andorra. We, of course, did not decline, and quickly found additional stabling for two additional horses.

It's still unsure whether they'll be staying or leaving, but I got the chance to test them out!

Cluedo

alt text

Contendro I
    (was a bit hot)

alt text

Andorra
    (was tense A LOT and didn't really like me, so I didn't even try too hard)

alt text

alt text

I can't wait for Caren and Arthur to try them out and I guess we'll know more about their status then! :heart_eyes:

Moving on to Tia, who has a new mount under her, a gigantic, beautiful, eyecatching Irish Draught stallion Fírinne Ciúin OX, or Lorcan for short. He is owned by @Nora-Pigott and he's on a free lease with us in an exchange for a breeding, because we kinda like him :grin:

He is in eventing and dressage so he would be a lovely foundation addition to our lines, which have slowly spread and I must get on top of them all haha

Did I mention he's huge? He is a bit oversized for the breed (similar to how Armani is) but Tia is not intimidated. She knows the breed is calm and level-headed, so the fact that he's so humongous didn't make her flinch. She didn't do much with him, just a quick jog, as he arrived two days ago so we're still letting him get used to his surroundings.

alt text

alt text

Lorcan is enjoying his pasture time the most though :)

alt text

alt text

alt text

I also asked Tia if she had the time to strecth Iota a little, so she helped me out. He was a bit overbendy today, but I didn't want to make any comments. I noticed Tia lifting him up on a few occassions, but he was really trotting low, low, low.

alt text

I must say I'm really enjoying this Advent and have added all the HD mods and stuff that has been released so far, but I must say that Luke Teth's new HD mod blows me away! I went to take some pictures of Kana and noticed how detailed it really is, and it's beyond perfect!

alt text

Now that I already mentioned her, here are some photos of Kana from today's ride! I feel like she needs a bit more attention so I featured her in two updates in a row :heart: :heartpulse:

She was hot and bouncy, as per usual. She made Vienna mad a little bit, but they both still love eachother :monkey:

alt text

alt text

alt text

• This makes me happy ❤️

Bellucci is stunning!

• :heart_eyes: my baby :heart_eyes: So happy he's settling in! Beware he's a twizzler thief XD

• Ohhh Iota <3 <3 <3 in fact is very very low... but he is amazing

• Haha thank you! Hopefully I can get more tonight!

• I haven’t had time to snoop through blogs as much as i usually do, but going through yours tonight has put a smile on my face! I keep forgetting how many horses of mine you have given great homes too, Altair, Rufus, Afterhtough - just to mention a few - and they all seem to be doing super well!

I’ll defiantly be stopping by every time you update now to see how they’re going. All your other horses are gorgeous too, your game has such a nice warm feeling to it and your horses all have such unique coats and markings :heart:

• I love your updates so much! There're always so many pictures to admire :heart: And Cluedo is a really handsome boy, I can understand your interest in him, good look with the Westphalian family :blush:

• @Charlie-Smith said in ♕ Rotherford Estate | Lidija's Blog ~ big update! [12.12.'18]:

I haven’t had time to snoop through blogs as much as i usually do, but going through yours tonight has put a smile on my face! I keep forgetting how many horses of mine you have given great homes too, Altair, Rufus, Afterhtough - just to mention a few - and they all seem to be doing super well!

I’ll defiantly be stopping by every time you update now to see how they’re going. All your other horses are gorgeous too, your game has such a nice warm feeling to it and your horses all have such unique coats and markings :heart:

I really have a lot from you! If I tried to squeeze them all into one update it would be downright impossible.
    Thank you! I didn't forget about your visit either :heart:

@Annalena-Voigt said in ♕ Rotherford Estate | Lidija's Blog ~ big update! [12.12.'18]:

I love your updates so much! There're always so many pictures to admire :heart: And Cluedo is a really handsome boy, I can understand your interest in him, good look with the Westphalian family :blush:

Thank you, thank you! :D

• Ai ai ai! Ur pics loooksooo great! And also ur horses <3

• You have to keep Cluedo, he's gorgeous!

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.