♕ Rotherford Estate | Lidija's Blog ~ Pole bending! [17.08.'19]

• @Claire-von-Hohenfeld said in ♕ Rotherford Estate | Lidija's Blog ~ Marshall, Delly and Bell [11.05.'19]:

I was impatiently waiting for you newest updates :heart_exclamation: always nice to see your newcomers.
    Awesome that you could acquire some horses from Eric, he has tons of pretty pons!

Bell looks so beautiful! she looks so fit and athletic :D

That is so sweet, thank you!

He does yes, sadly a lot were for sale :(

alt text

Today I took some photos of Caren riding Wall-E, or his full name IRCE Wallstreet Wall-E arrived a few days ago from @Ronan-Dhall ! He is a 5yo Trakehner stallion sired by MSE Lurking Fear and is out of @Annalena-Voigt 's mare VE Sweet Lolita.

We have no idea why we bought him, probably because of his golden color and the MSE related sire, but hopefully he will fit right into the team! He is an eventer/show jumper and has some talent to show :)

alt text

And then I got the ride on one of our newest schoolhorses, the little Welsh partbred mare GF Feels Like Gold!

We acquired her from Greenfall Swedish Warmbloods over on Instagram. We saw her as a foal and when she was being backed, so quite a long process of following, before we went to try her out and put in an offer. I am a bit too big for her, I know, but she was very fun to ride.

She is rather young and rather strong, she arrived with a strong bit with leverage so we took it down a notch to a pelham to see how she does and to, hopefully, reduce it to simplest bit possible.

alt text

alt text

alt text

• The horses from Zatanna and Eric look absolutely awesome! They are both very skilled pon creators! :two_hearts: Also Bell is super lovely with her dark coat! But Wall-E is my favourite here (who guessed it ^^) His golden coat is so beautiful and I think with your great training he will have so much success with you :heart:

• Ooh it's amazing to see Wallstreet ended up here! I've never thought I'd see one of IRCE's horses at your amazing facility <3 I hope he'll do great with you

• @Annalena-Voigt said in ♕ Rotherford Estate | Lidija's Blog ~ Wall-E and Feels Like Gold [15.05.'19]:

The horses from Zatanna and Eric look absolutely awesome! They are both very skilled pon creators! :two_hearts: Also Bell is super lovely with her dark coat! But Wall-E is my favourite here (who guessed it ^^) His golden coat is so beautiful and I think with your great training he will have so much success with you :heart:

Another fan of the golden coats? :D

@Shea-Hamilton said in ♕ Rotherford Estate | Lidija's Blog ~ Wall-E and Feels Like Gold [15.05.'19]:

Ooh it's amazing to see Wallstreet ended up here! I've never thought I'd see one of IRCE's horses at your amazing facility <3 I hope he'll do great with you

Thank you for the kind words :heart:

alt text

Well long time no see! I am really in the mood to take some pics so I am going to show off a lot of stuff to you today!

A big photo spam coming up!

alt text

Ever since the 2 horses per rider rule came up, I have been more relaxed and had more time because I don't have to ride as many horses per day as I used to. Before it was a lot more stressful, but now things are a bit easier. So I had a lazy day today after taking care of my own horses and after I worked with some students.

I took many pasture photos for you and some have more to say, some have less, but still - enjoy!

Aurelia, Goldeen and Tally are turned out together, and they almost have matching coats! Goldeen you've met in the post above (GF Feels Like Gold) but Aurelia and Tally you haven't.

EVEC Aurelia was purchased from @Heather-Tann and she is a 4yo Dutch WB from the A-MAZING WD Outta My Sky and out of RDEC Vikarina! She has actually been purchased by our rider Brant Koehler due to him only having Perrarus to jump with now that Beverly retired after a big, long career.
    Aurelia also fell in love with Wall-E, but I am sure Brant would not allow that :rofl:

Goldeen and Aurelia

alt text

Aurelia eyeing Wall-E in the pasture next door

alt text

RVR Dun It Temptation "Tally** is a cutie-pie of a mare that I got from @Eric-Sobeck ! She was too cute not to ask for and can you just imagine her in show hunting tack?! She is also only 4 years old and has not done much yet :heart_exclamation:

alt text

alt text

alt text

Tally and Aurelia

alt text

Goldeen

alt text

Wall-E has noticed the girls as well, I am sure! Here he is enjoying his grazing and his night out. He had his show debut under Rotherford colors and he and his rider Joey won their 60cm class at Falsterbo IV 8) Easy does it!

alt text

A few days ago one of our old horses Devil came back to us to stay :) His previous home with @Heather-Tann was lovely and he came to us in full dressage shape and with over 100 points to his name. We added ridden showing to his disciplines list and he had one start with his new rider Joey, and they even placed.

However, our close friend and affiliate @Lexi-House spotted Devil and put in a lovely offer on him so Devil will be joining Avendale Park Stables in the upcoming week :heart: As RFE works so closely with Avendale he will always have the option to come to RFE for training, stud duties, or whatever Lexi might need/want help with :D So he's at his home-away-from-home with her!

alt text

alt text

The next day I went to see our youngsters first thing in the morning! As I REALLY think you guys need to meet our two new young homebreds!

alt text

alt text

alt text

Well in the mix and match above we have old, young, preggo... what not, right? :P You guys know them all, except the young ones!

Meet the first youngster!
    RFE Mielijah! Her name is sort of set, we are still open to any new ideas as it's not yet... quite right?

She is sired by our stallion VRH/KSH Elijah who actually passed away about two months ago at the ripe age of 28 years. Her dam is RFE Mimi Casallina. So her pedigree includes both Call Me Casanova and our top notch mare Mi Hirmai De Vima, which makes for a fantastic offspring and Mielijah has a lot of potential!

She has a lot of spunk and loves to check everything out! We are hoping that she keeps this positive attitude throughout her life, really :)

alt text

alt text

alt text

The next youngster is RFE Honor of Atlantis, "Hoki"!
    This stallion is by RFE Son of Honor and his dam is Atlantis Z, one of our rising show jumping stars ridden by Kelly at 130cm for now :trophy:

Unlike his sire, and all the stallions descending from RFE Soaring Voltage (his sire's sire), Hoki is super calm and shy! We are actually glad that he is because all the stallions we had from Soaring Voltage were superb jumpers but extremely risky to handle. We are hoping that Hoki inherited the jump even if he didn't inherit the nasty attitude!

alt text

alt text

The youngsters grew up with our usual babysitter, mister Revvi the Friesian! He is here for his retirement and this is his swamp! I mean, pasture :rofl:

alt text

Revvi is also trying to put some order among the pregnant mares, but one recipient mare wasn't feeling like being photographed and she was munching her hay in the shed, and wasn't playing with the others - sooo I only got pics of the one!

Solveig!

alt text

She's huge isn't she?
    Solveig has retired from eventing at the age of 12, after she reached her top level and all of her points. She is an Irish Draught and is very valuable to us, so we decided it was a good choice to retire her to be a broodmare. Currently she is carrying her first foal (she had one before by embryo transfer) which is by our stallion Bucephalus of Vicentia, who we lost about a year ago due to old age (28 years old).
    She is due anytime soon and is actually being moved to a foaling barn this afternoon, so these were some last minute pics of her out in the big field with the others.

Here is Revvi trying to put some order in this group of outlaws!

alt text

And yes, in case you're wondering, Solveig's foal will also be babysitted by Revvi :heart: Those will be some cute pics!

alt text

alt text

Solveig also made another friend, another retiree! We recently bought Paladin des Ifs KN aka Benny to be with us in his retirement, as some of you might know. He joined the retirees herd and so far everything's good.

alt text

He is keeping a bit to himself, but he never really seemed like a big, nosy character. We thought about including him to our riding school program but I always find the sight of him grazing and chilling much too relaxing, so I never tell the students to take him from the field :rofl: There are always some other available horses! So yeah, he didn't "work" an hour of his life so far since he arrived haha

Still lookin' good though!

alt text

alt text

And to conclude this massive picture spam here are two more of Hoki and Mielijah :heartpulse:

alt text

alt text

• Love this up0date, Some wonderful horses in here, Cant wait to meet The baby from Solveig, man shes just Giant.

Devil is gonna be Spoilt rotten, cant wait for him to get here. awaiting the Truck now..

• Your big updates are the best, there's always so much to look at! Tally has the sweetest face, I could just pinch that cute little pink nose :heart_eyes:

• WHAT AN AMAZING SPAM.

solveig is HUGE and i can't wait to see the foal she pops out!

your two beautiful youngsters are gorgeous. i love mielijah! what a wonderful name. hoki is beautiful but mielijah is STUNNING what an amazing coat.

i love love love your picspams and this one was certainly not a disappointment.

• Yasss! Picture spam! What a great update! Screw whatever Brant is saying and let Aurelia and Wall-E have their love haha.

• I love your updates! All your horses are so unique with all their personalities, and the way you keep track of their progress is incredible, how do you handle all those horses? :laughing:
    I'd have to say that Devil is definitely one of my favorites, he has a certain look to him that I really like

• I love your picture spam :heart_eyes: I just can't wait to see the foal of Solveig!

• Seems I must make more picture spams! Given the amount of my horses that's very easily done :rofl:

alt text

🎁 Today is my birthday! My dear friend @Lexi-House , owner of Avendale Park (a close affiliate to RFE) surprised me with a young stallion AP Conquest Kalypso!

Kalypso is the first homebred horse from Avendale so it's an honour to get him as a gift and to see him flourish in the future! <3

Kalypso is by Lewen's Corroder and is out of OCN Kassiopeia, meaning that his pedigree has names such as Eretria's Voices, ILA Caprica and our very own Divine Intervention REC! :heart_eyes:

He will be joining my small team of personal horses (Blues, Calyptra, Clarissa, Landaulet and Cluedo) and will hopefully be a lot of fun in the future!

alt text

alt text

alt text

• HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! <3 Stunning Stallion

• @Neeve-Kalford said in ♕ Rotherford Estate | Lidija's Blog ~ I got a birthday present! [13.06.'19]:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! <3 Stunning Stallion

Thank you Neeve!! :D

• HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

he's goooooorgeous

• Happy birthday Lidja! :D

• Thank you @Siri-Kane and @Ashley-Lamothe !

• 🎉🎉🎉🎉HAPPY BIRTHDAY🎉🎉🎉🎉

• Happy Birthday to you :D :clap:

• Happy birthday Lidija! :champagne: :confetti_ball: The new addition is an absolute stunner! <3 If there will ever be breedings I'll be sure to keep my eyes open.

• Happy birthday Lidija!! 🎉:heart:

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.