Winter is around the corner

• She's beautiful!

• TJS Dragon’s Legend aka Dragan

This boy you have met previously! His name is Dragon and he is an 8 year old Chocolate palomino American Quarter Horse stallion. Dragon is one of Nash’s horses. He is the sweetest stallion that you will ever met. Dragon is the best horse to ride bareback hands down. He has a quiet temperament and a love to work. He is a working cow horse who can do it all. He can sort them and cut them like a pro. Honestly I think he is good enough to compete professionally. He has the best cow sense out of any horse here. Plus he is the only cow horse that I know that can do bitless. He is also a great horse to take on mountain trails. It keeps his mind active which stops him from predicting what he is doing that day. Dragon loves to go through water and climb mountains as well. My first cutting lesson was actually on Dragon. He takes really good care of me when I ride him. I love him to bits.

0_1574576579007_TJs Dragons Legend (3).jpg

• TJS Only A Captain’s Fool aka 500

Meet the 5 year old buckskin American Quarter Horse gelding named 500. His barn name is literally 500. That is what Nash has named him because he couldn’t think of a better barn name. 500 got his name because Nash bought him from a guy for 500 bucks. Yeah his name is the price that was paid for him. I do have to admit that it oddly suits him in a way. He responses to it so I guess he doesn’t mind, or know any better in his case. 500 is the most laid back horse that you will ever met. However when 500 gets around cows he becomes a machine. He loves cutting and penning them. Anything that has to do with cows, 500 will love to do it. He is the true definition of being a cow horse. The only experience I have with riding him is when I took him on a trail ride. He does great on the trails and in the pen with cows.

0_1574655363315_TJS Only A Captain's Fool WCR (1).jpg

• TJS Won’t Back Down aka Hank

Meet Nash’s newest stallion Hank, the grey spotted blanket Appaloosa stallion. The 6 year old is completely feisty under saddle and real head strong. He is one horse that Nash would never let me ride. Nash had texted me that Hank was the most difficult stallion that he has ever dealt with. Previously Hank was a client’s horse of Nash’s. The owner finally got fed up with the stallion and sold him papers and all to Nash on the agreement that Nash would never sell the stallion. Hank is hands down the most gorgeous stallion that I have ever seen. He is super sweet on the ground as well. He loves apples and getting petted on the face. This is a picture of when Nash first brought him home during his retraining period. He has come so far now.

0_1574746310476_TJS Won't back Down WCR (1).jpg

• MBEC Only One Chance aka Flurry

Meet the 7 year old BLM mustang named Flurry. Her actual barn name is indeed Flurry you heard that correctly. Flurry got her name because Paul went out to adopt a mustang eating a McFlurry. You can see where Nash gets his barn name ideas from. I guess it gets pasted down from one generation to the next. Nash is mostly teaching the basics of reining and barrel racing on Flurry. She is the barn all rounder around here honestly. She can go from working cows to turning around barrels in a flash. I have even done rodeos on Flurry where we placed. I’m thankful that Nash is letting me ride her in the meantime. I also take her on trails up and down the mountains. She is just honestly the easiest horse on this ranch to ride. She gives you just enough of a challenge to ride to keep you guessing on your toes.

0_1574822604337_MBEC Only One Cahcne WCR (1).jpg

Well that is all the horses that we keep on White Cross Ranch. We have 13 horses in total with 6 mares and 7 stallion/geldings. It keeps both Nash and I busy with working horses I honestly have way more horses than Nash does. I guess that’s why we have two barns. The main barn is for my horses while Nash has a smaller barn where he keeps his western horses. This system honestly works the best because I can bring client horses here to work them if I need to.

• TJS A Lord’s Prayer aka Phoebe

Today I took Phoebe for some show jumping training with a trainer. The trainer was great with us giving me some great tips to get Phoebe over jumps better. They recommended some more dressage training to help her build up more strength which I will do later this week. Winter is hitting in a few weeks so I know I will have to take her indoors soon. Phoebe doesn’t mind the indoor arena however so I’m not too worried about her. I already can’t wait for spring again when winter hasn’t even hit fully yet. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t excited for snow. I didn’t grow up in snow so getting to see it every year is amazing. Nash doesn’t really mind the snow since he is used to it.

0_1575002838526_TJS A Lord's Prayer WCR (3).jpg

• AF Enjoying Your Sweet Heaven aka Sugar

Sugar was actually good today on our lesson with the eventing trainer. I have been taking my horses to lessons to hopefully improve with each horse. Somehow Sugar was on her best behavior in front of the coach. She flew over those jumping having a compete blast getting to jump new things. Thankfully the trainer offered to help me get her into dressage which might be a death sentence for me honestly. I explained my problems with her to my trainer. They have given my plenty of tips to shape her up into an eventing horse. Eventing is still my passion, so having Sugar compete in shows would be amazing.

0_1575087277524_AF Sugar WCR (1).jpg

In my personal life things have been a little weird. Nash is acting more nervous but I’m not sure why? He normally never keeps things from me so him not telling me something is so weird. I hope he just tells me.

• CO Cold Place in Time aka Ellie

Ellie is doing increasingly well in her liberty training. Today we finally completed our first bow on horseback. We have been working really hard on this trick so it is fantastic that the hard work paid off. I did teach this trick to her on the ground before I attempted it on horseback. Ellie is such a great mare to do liberty with. She loves to learn new tricks and our lessons with the eventing trainer have been swell. The best part is that doing dressage with her is a breeze. She is picking up on it quickly and exceling at it. She is a dream for eventing honestly. I couldn’t ask anything more from her that she isn’t already giving me.

0_1575140680789_CO Cold Place In Time WCR (3).jpg

• GFH No Limit aka Ranger

Finally took this boy to my show jumping trainer for some pointers. They really love how Ranger jumps plus they are happy with the muscle that I have on him. I do practice dressage with him but not more than twice a week. I finally have Ranger jumping more than a meter! I'm really proud of how far we have come and it blows my mind that we are doing this. This is my favorite picture from that lesson.

0_1575234739424_GF Grand Prix WCR (3).jpg

Laroona S aka Lillie

Here is Lilly practicing dressage after our dressage lesson! She is doing really well in the extended trot and canter. I love watching the slow build up of muscle over time. Her neck and hind are both filling out so nicely. I can't wait until the show season for 2020. She keeps blowing my mind with everything that she can do. My favorite thing about her is that she is so sweet on the ground to. Lillie is not pushy when it comes to walking somewhere. Honestly I toss the reins over her head while we walk and she just follows you. I have to get a picture of that sometime.

0_1575234754136_Laroona S WCR (3).jpg

MBEC Take A Little Ride aka Axel

Axel has been doing super well since I have brought him back into work. I won't ride him until the spring but honestly the spring can't get here soon enough. I can't wait to start riding this boy again that I might ride him in the winter. Thankfully Nash and I own two indoor arenas that we can ride in so the horses don't get too fat over the winter months. Nash has been preparing both arenas so we can ride in them soon. Ugh it is going to be snowing soon.

0_1575234769179_MBEC Don't Know How To WCR (2).jpg

RCE Highway Menace aka Cliff

Cliff is doing well in his show jumping training. He can clear jumps without issue plus he is listening to me and not overjumping as much. Cliff has been so sweet as of late. I'm hoping to teach him to follow me without a leadrope or reins like Lillie does. I honestly thing he can do it with his sweet temperment. I bought him to a lesson with my show jumping coach to get some points on what we can improve on. She gave us some homework to do to work on his overjumping. Hopefully he will be ready soon for the 2020 show season. I'm super excited to start showing next year.

0_1575234784803_RCE Highway Menacne WCR (3).jpg

Vermont's Forgotten Trace aka Kallie

I decided to use a long rein to work with Kallie today. I wanted an easy day since I have been working hard with everyone. I know winter is right around the corner so Nash and I have been getting ready for it. I have a love hate relationship with the winter months. Normally it would be already snowing but it was late this year. It's old to think that it would be late to start snowing. However I will take all the extra time to prepare.

0_1575234807675_Vermont's Forgotten Trace WCR (2).jpg

RCE Noble Truth aka Noble

I took Noble out today to the cross country course. I wanted him to look at more scary and weird jumps that he isn't used to. He refused to jump twice plus some really awkward jumps. Nash took a picture of one of the more awkward jumps. I've been using the cross country course as more of a learning time for Noble. I know he is mostly just a show jumper, however he needs to see new things. Taking him out has made him braver in the ring which is a huge bonus. I would recommend anyone to try this with a skittish horse.

0_1575234843707_RCE Noble Truth WCR (1).jpg

DBR Mississippi Girl aka Autumn

Y'all I can't honestly believe it! Nash proposed to me using a horse again! This time instead of a sign he used horse paint to write it all out plus draw hearts. I said yes and we are going to be getting married! I can't honestly believe that he asked me to be his wife. Well let me introduce the mare that he proposed with. Meet Autumn a 5 year old palomino tobiano American Paint Horse mare. Nash has been training her to be an all around for me. I honestly had no idea that he was keeping her here. I guess that smaller barn comes into use after all. She is mainly going to be my barrel racing horse. I can't believe I'm getting married to Nash! Ahhh!

0_1575234878529_DBR Mississippi Girl (2).jpg

TJS Dragon's Legend aka Dragon

Nash and Dragon had a great ride today. I got to see some of the ride at the end however. I snapped this photo while Nash was walking out with Dragon. Today they had cut some cows that went to the auction and others that were coming in. I love to watch them work on cows. Dragon always puts this entire soul into his work when he sees those cows. I couldn't help but watch Nash a little more than Dragon. I can't believe I'm marrying him.

0_1575234897029_TJs Dragons Legend (1).jpg

TJS Only A Captain's Fool aka 500

Nash did a little riding work with 500 today. They loped in circles and worked on listening. 500 tends to get carried away in his work so it is good to step back to the basics from time to time with him. The zoomed around that arena like no one was watching. 500 is another horse that I love to work with cows. 500 seems to know what the cow is going to do before even the cow does. Sadly they didn't work any cows today but it was fun watching them work anyways.

0_1575234907107_TJS Only A Captain's Fool WCR (3).jpg

TJS Won't Back Down aka Hank

Nash really had broken through with Hank since he has first gotten him. Hank has really been more quiet and listening more to Nash. Nash isn't really sure what Hank is going to do yet. I'm kind of hoping to steal Hank from Nash to barrel race but I highly doubt that. A girl can dream tho. I kind of feel bad since I have way more horses than Nash does. I'm thinking of convincing Nash to learn english riding. I'm sure I can get him in the english saddle.

0_1575234917121_TJS Won't back Down WCR (2).jpg

MBEC Only One Chance aka Flurry

Flurry shot out like a bullet from the start. Sand went flying as she turn those barrels sharply. Nash showed no emotion on his face as Flurry rounded the first barrel. Quickly she shot out from it heading towards the second one in a rush. She got a snort as she rounded the second barrel heading straight from the last one. I watched the sand fly behind the mare as she kicked it up. She gave a wide turn for the last barrel before shooting for home. The sand flew as Flurry seemed to become a race horse flying down back to home. I gave out a holler when Flurry crossed that line. "20.1!" I called out as I hit the stop watch. That was much better than her other times before. Nash was thinking about doing some barrel racing shows with her. I think they can do it if they knock off a few more seconds on their times.

0_1575234927412_MBEC Only One Cahcne WCR (2).jpg

• TJS A Lord’s Prayer aka Phoebe
    Taking Phoebe out to the jumping course is always the best thing for me to do. I love having a reliable horse that not only knows her job but does it so well. I never have to worry about her acting up at all. One of the things I’m most thankful for is her personality. She continues to be so laid back that it amazes me still. We had a great warm up and then we ran through a practice course that was timed. We got a pretty decent time. I can’t wait until the show season rolls around so I can enter her into some shows again.

0_1575853447695_TJS A Lord's Prayer WCR (2).jpg

AF Enjoying Your Sweet Heaven aka Sugar
    My heart stopped as I felt Sugar hit the breaks from underneath me. I dropped the rein from the left hand and placed it on her neck. The other hand held tight to the other rein in a panic. I felt myself lunge forward as I tried to keep my seat. I said some curses as Sugar had finished sliding to a stop. I circled her back around and sent her back over the jump. If it wasn’t in the colder weather, I would have ran her into the ground. Her stubbornness is unbelievable and it is frustrating. I’m taking more advice from my trainer on how to handle Sugar. I’m hoping to reduce her refusals. I did order her dressage saddle so over the winter Sugar will be doing nothing but dressage.

0_1575853392270_AF Sugar WCR (3).jpg

CO Cold Place in Time aka Ellie
    Ellie is such a good jumper. Honestly I don’t know how the mare is so good at this. Her scope is so good that I even thought about breeding her one day. I’m not really much of a breeder so it is unlikely however. On the other hand, her sooty palomino is a desired color so who knows. I love the way she jumps honestly. It is so smooth that I considered making her a hunter at one time. However I’m not really a hunter rider type. I’m hoping to take her to a meter over the winter! I’m lucky enough to have a heated indoor arena so it doesn’t get too cold.

0_1575853520428_CO Cold Place In Time WCR (2).jpg

GFH No Limit aka Ranger
    Ranger is finally jumping a over a meter! I’m so excited and blown away by this amazing gelding. I think this jump was 1’2 or 1’3 I don’t exactly remember however. I will be giving him a little bit of a break over the winter but I will continue to ride him. I might do dressage training with him over the winter to build up some more muscle. Now that he can jump over a meter I want him to have some bulk to tackle on the 1’2 courses. Thinking about it know is just mind blowing to me. I remember when he was jumping 50cm jumps. I’m so happy with Ranger right now.

0_1575854121275_GF Grand Prix WCR (1).jpg

Laroona S aka Lillie
    I know that Lillie isn’t an eventing horse however I am excited to build up her confidence. She was incredibly spooked about the new sights and sounds however I did jump her over some jumps. She did refuse the first jump however. I did let Lillie sniff this jump to get used to it before I sent her over. This was her first successful cross country jump! I am proud of what she did today.

0_1575854152721_Laroona S WCR (2).jpg

MBEC Take A Little Ride aka Axel
    I lunged Axel today to get him working more. Honestly it took it like he hasn’t had the past almost three months off. Thankfully he is building back up that muscle he lost from having all that time off. I think I might ride him in the arena during the winter to build up more of that muscle. Thankfully Axel is super relaxed and laid back. He loved going back into work and he pranced the whole way to the round pen. I am just dying to start riding him soon.

0_1575854170109_MBEC Don't Know How To WCR (3).jpg

RCE Highway Menace aka Cliff
    I took Cliff out today to do a cross country course. It is a fun thing to do before winter hits with all the snow. Cliff of course showed off and powered over those jumps like they were 50cm. His sheer size and power is definitely shown whenever he is on the course. He got some treats after the workout. Cliff is one of those horses that loves to show off.

0_1575854201019_RCE Highway Menacne WCR (1).jpg

Vermont’s Forgotten Trace aka Kallie
    I heard the music play as I asked for the walk. Kallie took off and we started. I practiced a dressage test from online with her. I heard the lyrics as I asked for the trot. Her trot is always nice and smooth like riding on a cloud. The leaves crunched under Kallie’s hooves as the wind started up. I lost myself in the music completely. Kallie danced along with the music in a semi perfect rhythm. I asked for the extended canter and she complied without hesitation. This mare could dance with the best of them.

0_1575855146294_Vermont's Forgotten Trace WCR (1).jpg

RCE Noble Truth aka Noble
    “Come on Noble!” I cheered on the blue roan as he jumped over the firewood jump. He cleared it and the flowers after it and we continued on. “That a boy!” I smiled brightly as I gave him a quick pat before the next jump. Noble has been improving on the course at a great speed. I’m surprised on how quickly he had taken to the course. I thought it would take him a lot longer than this. He wet from awkward jumps to clearing them like a seasoned pro. Not even a slight pause as Noble sent us over a large log. He gave a quick snort as I pointed him at the next one. Maybe he wouldn’t be so bad after all.

0_1575854228168_RCE Noble Truth WCR (2).jpg

DBR Mississippi Girl aka Autumn
    I can’t help but smile when I look at this mare. I can’t believe Nash asked me to marry him. I get giddy when I think about how he proposed. Autumn has been a great mare honestly. I practiced some barrels with her today and some reining as well. She knocked everything I asked her to do out of the park. She is super response and does everything you ask her to do. Nash and I also took her out on the trail with 500 and we rode around on the trails. She spooked a few times however she was pretty great all-round.

0_1575854253903_DBR Mississippi Girl (3).jpg

TJS Dragon’s Legend aka Dragon
    I snapped a picture as Nash and I went to go move the cows. Of course since winter is hitting soon the cows need to be moved from the fall pasture to the winter pasture. We have four different pastures for the cows. The spring and summer pastures have deeper ponds on them with higher grass. The fall and winter pastures have more shelters with places for hay and grain to be. The system honestly works really well for us. I was riding my mare Autumn and she actually can work cows really great. No hiccups with the cows being moved today. Now they are happily in the winter pasture ready for winter to hit soon.

0_1575855243270_TJs Dragons Legend (2).jpg

TJS Only A Captain’s Fool aka 500
    500 and Nash practicing their sliding stops today. Earlier they worked some of the cows being sold onto the truck for shipment. 500 worked them like a pro getting them into the truck. It should be snowing next week so thankfully we did everything to prepare for the winter. I already can’t wait for spring to get here.

0_1575855214896_TJS Only A Captain's Fool WCR (2).jpg

TJS Won’t Back Down aka Hank
    Nash took Hank out today for some training. Hank is just so pretty I have been begging Nash to let me ride him. Nash just shoots me down however. Sadly Hank still needs a lot of work before I can ride him. I am dying to ride Hank around some barrels. He moves like a dream and I have been cuddling him a little extra. I’m sure I can bribe Nash.

0_1575855192356_TJS Won't back Down WCR (3).jpg

MBEC Only One Chance aka Flurry
    So barrels didn’t exactly work out for Flurry. She just doesn’t have the speed required for barrels. However, Nash has started reining with her. She seems to have a talent for it as she just rocks those sliding stops. She can slide for a good distance with the little training that Nash has put on her. I can’t wait to see how far that they go honestly.

0_1575855178192_MBEC Only One Chance WCR.jpg

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.