Shadowhaven Arabians | Penny Lane - New Arab 6-7

• Now a photo dump. First up a new Trake mare I made for myself This is Nightwish PL

alt text

I am a big fan of horses by @Callixta-Rosella and so I have a lot of them. I am working on taking pics of all of them. So here is the first batch

Honeybrook Damocles

alt text

Honeybrook Lilliput

alt text

Honeybrook Lantea Atlantus

alt text

Honeybrook Sterntaler

alt text

Honeybrook Valefor

alt text

Honeybrook Tashiere

alt text

Honeybrook Cloudaire

alt text

Honeybrook L ' Etoile La Lune

alt text

Honeybrook Hawksbeard

alt text

I am also a big fan of @Anna-Hertler horses and when she offered me some TBs I could not resist so here are 4 new TBs that recently moved into my TB stable

Woodford's Hyperion

alt text

Woodford's Nova

alt text

Woodford's Ravenwood

alt text

Woodford's Kate

alt text

• They are all so pretty! :heart_eyes: Love the coat on Honeybrook Damocles, Callixta makes such pretty horses <3

• Damocles, Liliput and Kate are my favourite - but they're all really gorgeous. Your pictures look so sharp and smooth at the same time <3

• can't even pick a fav one, they all are stunning!

• Cloudaire :heart_eyes: Such a stunner!

• Thanks everyone, I <3 all of my Calli horses :)

Now some challenge and RP Pics

Western Challenge Pics

Kordelas SH

alt text

Zariya MV

alt text

ART Morat

alt text

Dreamwoven SH

alt text

Show Jumping RP Phase pics

Perfect Tommy PL who finally placed in a show and even managed to take a first. He is the unluckiest horse I have.

alt text

Alice Cooper PL

alt text

Devon's Unravel

alt text

Paranormal PL

alt text

Buckaroo Banzai PL being difficult

alt text

• You’re so productive with all these pics! Your western entries are awesome I love Dreamwoven and Zariya, they’re beautiful! As are Alice Cooper and Paranormal PL <3 and yay for Perfect Tommy he looks very proud of that ribbon!! :clap_tone2:

• Wow you've been productive!
    I love all your western entries, it's so nice to see your lovely Arabs strutting their stuff in all that pretty western gear. Kordelas is so handsome with that pink nose <3
    Well done to Perfect Tommy for finally placing, he looks so happy with that ribbon! And Alice Cooper <3 He is definitely one of my favourite horses to stalk.

• Wow so many pictures! (and i totally missed them - shame on me!)
    Tommy and Alice Cooper are definitely my favourites ❤

• Thanks everyone, boy I am a slacker at updating this thing. Here are some arabian challenge pics and some eventing RP phase pics some of these are new horses who I have not introduced before

Arabian Pics

SH October Rust one of my favorite horses

alt text

alt text

Spades SH a son of SH October Rust

alt text

Spellsinger SH a new Polish Endurance mare

Eventing Pics

alt text
    Celtic Frost PL Trakehner Stallion

alt text

DPPR Measuring Bliss Thoroughbred stallion

alt text

Zauberdeyk L Trakehner Stallion

alt text

Savio SH Arabian Stallion

alt text

Dixie Whiskey PV German Riding Pony Mare

alt text

Icarus PV German Riding Pony Stallion

alt text

Nightspirit PV German Riding Pony Mare

alt text

Valkyrie PV German Riding Pony Mare

alt text

• Competition Committee

So many pretty pixels :3 I totally wanna steal all of them <3

• Your Arabian pictures always show the breed off ever so beautifully Skye; with their long flowing manes and beautiful faces, I just want to snuggle them all! October Rust is extra handsome, all flashy and strutting his stuff <3
    I'm glad you found the motivation to make some eventing entries, it gives me more chance to stalk your pretties xD Celtic Frost looks gorgeous and I'm very much liking that cute snip, and Dixie Whiskey (Still love her name) is beautiful too <3

• wow you've been productive :O
    Spellsinger is my favourite. She is so pretty - that face <3

• Man you’re so productive!!! So why be a slacker?? :p

As always gorgeous pictures, rust and spades will forever be favourites of mine! I absolutely love your new polish arab mare.... gimimie! <3

• Wow, so many entries. They are all nice, but your German Riding ponies really got me, they look so cute.

• @Anna-Hertler Ok but only if I can steal yours!
    @Callixta-Rosella Rust will always be one of my favorites and I also love Dixies name. I really should update more.
    @Maria-Jones Thank you <3 Spellsinger is also a favorite of mine.
    @Alex-Richards I have bursts of productivity but it took a month lol
    @Jase-Sunshine Thank you, I love my GRPs I was so glad when Equus added pony discs so I could have more ponies.

• Pintabian Challenge pics with a Story forgive my terrible writing a writer I am not lol.

Harvester of Sorrow SH

Skye walked up behind Steve sitting at the desk. He was looking at one of his facebook Arabian groups. This one was one of the sadder groups he followed. The Arabian Kill Pen and Auction group. She looked over his shoulder at the post he was reading. The picture was of a beautiful, though filthy and underweight, Pintabian. The text said he was an urgent case, due to ship to slaughter in less than 24 hours. He was young, the post listed him at 4 years old, and registered. A quick check of his pedigree showed some nice polish lines. Steve looked at Skye and she nodded. They would rescue him. He would not be the first horse they had saved from slaughter nor would he be the last. Steve sent off the bail immediately and made arrangements to pick the horse up the following afternoon.

Image 1

They arrived at the kill pen a little before noon and the manager led them to the small row of pens where the horses were kept. He had one of his stablehands fetch the horse from his pen. As soon as the horse was led out it became obvious he had some behavioral issues. He nearly knocked the man who was leading him to the ground as he reared up, ears flattened, his hooves pawing the air.

Skye glanced at Steve and said "Are you sure about this?"

Steve nodded, not one to shy away from a challenge. He noticed whip marks on the stallions hindquarters and a large cut on his face probably from being hit with something hard. His heart hurt to think that this beautiful creature had been abused. He would not give up on him. He would rescue this stallion and do his best to nurture him into a loving and trustworthy mount.

Image 2

It took no small amount of effort to get the Stallion, who's registered name was Harvester of Sorrow and who Steve had already taken to affectionately calling Harv, into the horse trailer. Steve was worried about him the entire drive home because the horse was fighting and struggling the whole way.

They arrived home, the stallion no worse off than before, and managed to get him out of the trailer and into the quarantine area where he would spend the next 30 days. There was a moment when he lunged at Steve and nearly managed to snatch a chunk out of him with his teeth but Steve managed to move away in the nick of time. This one was going to be quite the challenge.

Over the next 30 days Steve would begin his work getting the stallion to trust him. He started by just sitting on the fence watching Harv, never approaching him. The young stallion seemed curious but unsure what to think of him. Feeling bolder Steve took to sitting on the ground in the pen with Harv. Skye would stand just outside watching in case the horse decided to attack but he never did. He eyed Steve first with wary apprehension, then a mild curiosity. Finally one day near the end of his quarantine period Harv approached Steve cautiously and accepted a peppermint from his outstretched hand. It was the beginning of their friendship and by the time Harvs quarantine was over he allowed Steve to put a halter on him and lead him to the larger Pasture where he would reside.

image 3

Steve's first attempt at riding Harv was not quite so peaceful. Harv had grown quite gentle with Steve and would stand quietly for grooming and even behaved himself fairly well for the farrier as long as Steve stood beside him and stroked his neck. He even allowed Steve to saddle him and took to ground work very well. The first time Steve mounted him he was not amused and let Steve know it. Steve's ego was more bruised than anything else and Harv seemed to laugh at him. The next time Steve mounted, Harv reluctantly acquiesced and their under saddle training commenced.

Image 4

The time spent with Harv was well spent and Steve fell in love with the young stallion. They became the best of friends and by the 6 month mark Harv was a different horse. His scars had healed and his fear and aggression had been replaced by a gentle loyalty. Whenever he saw Steve approach his stall he would nicker softly and poke his head out for a scratch. When turned out he would follow Steve around the pasture. Steve trained him in Park Pleasure and the young stallion was a natural. He would soon join the show team. Skye would often find Steve snuggling with Harv in the pasture while the stallion grazed peacefully. It warmed her heart to see the bond between them.

image 5

image 6

Lyrical Abstraction SH

alt text

alt text

alt text

Surreality SH

alt text

alt text

• Competition Committee

The slippers! I love how Steve are always wearing them, it's his trademark :joy: And those pintabains are just gorgeous <3

• I need to know how you made Lyrical Abstraction SH's facial marking! Stunning Pintabians <3

• Surreality SH <3

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.