Holmfirth |Blog| A Bad Day

• 0_1490528466488_blog.png
    Welcome!
    Holmfirth is a Competition stable founded in December 2016. It developed from the former "Aracari Ranch" owned by Triss Leypold, who is still a reliable and experienced Staff member! The Owner of Holmfirth is the young and ambitious Show Jumping Rider Erika Holmfirth, who competes a small bunch of horses together with a Top Team!

• Spotlight

Vergissmeinnicht HMF Local Champion

• The Staff

Name Age Discipline Horses in Training Job
    Erika Holmfirth 18 y/o Show Jumping 1 Owner, Rider
    Triss Leypold 21 y/o Show Jumping 1 Rider
    Natascha Heller 22 y/o Show Jumping 1 Rider
    Lucas Heller 19 y/o Eventing 1 Stable Chief, Rider
    Antoine Choffard 26 y/o Dressage 1 Student
    Marc Cortéz 26 y/o Show Jumping 1 Student
    Cécilia Pasteur 18 y/o Dressage 1 Student

• The Horses

~ Show Jumping ~

Horse Name Age Breed Gender Rider
    Cadeu du ciel HMF 5 y/o Westphalian Mare Natascha Heller
    Vergissmeinnicht HMF 4 y/o Dutch Warmblood Mare Marc Cortéz
    Unlimited HMF 4 y/o Holsteiner Stallion Triss Leypold
    Contina HMF 1 y/o Westphalian Mare Erika Holmfirth

~ Dressage ~

Zahir du Hali 7 y/o Arabian Stallion Cécilia Pasteur
    Le Meilleur HMF 3 y/o Selle Français Stallion Antoine Choffard

~ Eventing ~

Havannah L 3 y/o Swedish Warmblood Mare Lucas Heller

• A Bad Day

"Do you think she's calmer now?", Nati seemed to be quite nervous. Cadeu was a hell of a horse the last days. Spring is coming. And the hormons taking controll of her. The young mare always rears under saddle from time to time but now she often just starts running and jumping like a mad one.
    "I don't know we need to try", Triss took a closer look onto the big eyes of her. She's holding her while Nati saddled the young mare. As she heared a loud noice she throw her head up. "Woah", said Triss and started stroking her forehead. "Okay. I am ready to go", Nat took over and both of the walked up to the sandy outdoor arena. "I wish Erika would be here", said Nat, still worried. "Don't be worried! She looks quite calm", Triss tried to cheer her up. On the course she mounted the Seal Bay and started to ride some rounds. The Mare walked calmly and just jumped to the side as a loud bark came to her ears. She hates dogs over everything. But as the walker was gone everything was fine again.
    So they started with their usual training. Triss built up some small obstacles first of all and then rose the height after every second jump. After half an hour Nat called her: "Okay! We'll stop here!" While heavy breathing she let the reins go long and Caddy stretched her neck thankfully. Triss started to put the poles away.
    Suddenly she heard a lout cry behind her back while she was carrying one of the poles. She looked back and saw, how Caddy just started running in a wild and fast canter wrong handed. Nati tried to pick up the reins again but it was too late and she fell down and landed hardly on the ground. Caddy hit her with her one hind leg on the head and kept running. "NAT!", shouted Triss, "NATI!! OH NOOO!" Triss let the pole fall down, she looked for Caddy shortly who stopped now and started to neigh. Triss ran to Nat and fell on her knees. She was unconscious. Happy, that she just made a First Aid course she placed her into the stable site and grabbed her mobile phone.

0_1490531079676_Screenshot.png

• Love the way you edit. So minimalistic but still pretty. I was just wondering why your horse is a bit purple.. xD

• Competition Committee

I hope Nat is okay! Falls can be scary and dangerous especially if she's been kicked in the head! I'm so glad she was wearing a helmet; safety first!

On a side note, Caddy is a very pretty mare. There aren't many seal bays around and I think there should be more.

• "You're going to fall, hooman. You're certainly going to kiss the sand today"

• @Keileigh-Morgan said in Holmfirth |Blog| A Bad Day:

Love the way you edit. So minimalistic but still pretty. I was just wondering why your horse is a bit purple.. xD

Thank you :D It's quite uncommon but allowed for a seal bay :P it also happens in RL like here is my reference I used partly for her:
    0_1490625120339_SEAL_BAY_kabardiner_LR.jpg

@Johanna-Masters said in Holmfirth |Blog| A Bad Day:

I hope Nat is okay! Falls can be scary and dangerous especially if she's been kicked in the head! I'm so glad she was wearing a helmet; safety first!

On a side note, Caddy is a very pretty mare. There aren't many seal bays around and I think there should be more.

She's in hospital quite now but she already feel much better! She has a concussion and a cut on her forehead but she'll be fine again soon :)

Thank you :D We think so too ^^ And hope that she'll get more calm again soon :D Usually she is very hot but not like that ^^ We really think, that it's the "spring fever" :)

@Alba-Moran said in Holmfirth |Blog| A Bad Day:

"You're going to fall, hooman. You're certainly going to kiss the sand today"

Haha xD Seems like she thought that already at the beginning and played good lamb the whole time :S

• I have the same in my ranch Xd his name is Maxwell LD :)

• @Nina-Ricchi said in Holmfirth |Blog| A Bad Day:

I have the same in my ranch Xd his name is Maxwell LD :)

Just saw :D Two beauties :3

• @Erika-Holmfirth said in Holmfirth |Blog| A Bad Day:

@Nina-Ricchi said in Holmfirth |Blog| A Bad Day:

I have the same in my ranch Xd his name is Maxwell LD :)

Just saw :D Two beauties :3

what do you mean " two beauties" ? XD

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.