Rosewood Center [07/09 The Pintobeans.]

• PR Committee

ROSEWOOD CENTER

Rosewood Center was originally founded in the 1970's by owners Jack and Mary Rosewood. They had a dream of breeding and competing top quality sport horses, and for a time they were very successful. Rosewood was a small facility in its early days, run only by the Rosewoods and a small staff. Twenty years later, they were having a hard time keeping up with the competition. Jack was injured in a riding accident and unable to walk, and Mary became ill shortly after. Money became a problem, and even after selling most of their horses and all but one barn of the facility, they were unable to keep their land. When Mary died a year later, Jack was left completely unable to care for himself or his remaining horses. The remaining facilities were purchased in 2000 by a competitor, Lydia Burdine, who also eventually bought the rest of the land from previous buyers. Her family was considered the best of the best before suffering losses of their own. Lydia’s father died, and her mother needs around the clock care. While Lydia still owns and pays for the facility, her daughter, Andrea Burdine, has been appointed general manager of Rosewood Center, and a dream she had chased for 15 years became a reality. The center is currently under renovations, and future building plans include an on-site vet clinic and a boarding stable.

Rosewood is probably the most unprofessional professional establishment out there. While we all take our jobs seriously, we know how to have fun while we do it. Our poor trainers put up with some of the weirdest things. They're basically the adults of the family, and the rest of us are the wild children who probably shouldn't be left alone. My name is Andrea Burdine, and I am the general manager for Rosewood. I couldn't ask for a better staff to work with, and I believe the reason we work so well together is because I, the boss, am not afraid to get dirty with the rest of the staff. You'll often see me out riding or running through the pasture playing chase with my own personal horses. No, I don't have a deathwish. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I'll kick off the album with my favorite of our competitors, Rosewood's Firefly. She's a big, gorgeous chestnut leopard Knabstrupper mare. We've been working on slimming her down a bit because her rider Olivia Daniels has been guilty of sneaking this girl a few too many treats. Firefly is turning out to be quite the show jumper, and in the future we hope for many spotty babies from her!
    0_1490838861658_upload-518afed6-b6d4-4f5c-b3e6-a196b59c3aa1

• i love SPOTS beautiful mare

• PR Committee

I was hoping to get a more impressive update, but college things are happening and I didn't have time. However, I do want to show off the whole herd, even if it's just profile pictures.

ROSEWOOD'S GREYGARDEN - Grey American Warmblood Mare
    0_1490928183736_ghost forum.jpg

ROSEWOOD'S BULLET TIME - Chestnut Hanoverian Stallion
    0_1490928329831_bullet forum.jpg

ROSEWOOD'S STANDING OVATION - Black American Warmblood Stallion
    0_1490928509638_ryder fourm.jpg

ROSEWOOD'S FIREFLY - Chestnut Leopard Knabstrupper Mare
    0_1490928580883_firefly forum.jpg

ROSEWOOD'S RISING TIDE - Bay Tobiano Irish Sport Horse Mare
    0_1490928640872_luna forum.jpg

• PR Committee

Rising Tide has a very unique tobiano :o I love it :heart_eyes:

• PR Committee

@Luke-Teth Thank you! She's a combination of tobiano markings from at least six different creators. Most ask that you mix them up, so I delivered. ;D

• PR Committee

Things were busy today around Rosewood. I didn't get to see much of the daily ritual, as I was taking care of some business and also looking for some more horses to add to our show teams. However, I did check in on Olivia and Lauren during Firefly's afternoon training session. It seems Lauren hasn't quite gotten acquainted with our lovely mare.

"She's looking a little down this afternoon," Lauren noticed as she looked over the spotted mare.
    "You kidding?" Liv answered, giving the horse a pat on the neck. "Wait until I get in the saddle. That'll wake her up."
    "Are you sure you don't want to get her looked at? I've never seen a showhorse so calm."
    "She's always like this. Competitions aren't going to be a problem with her. Just be glad you don't have to work with Oliver. Liam's got his hands full with that one.

alt text
    alt text

• PR Committee

With Rosewood's first round of competitions approaching, we've been finalizing our competition teams. We still aren't completely full, and have a few more horses scheduled to arrive soon, but after meeting this mare we had to introduce her. This is Rosewood's Juno, an American Warmblood mare who will be a part of the dressage team. She already thinks she's alpha mare, a role she is fighting Luna for, but hopefully she'll calm down once she gets used to her new home. She'll be ridden by Mikaela Carr, who has been spending the day with her in order to bond. (Her ears look so small in this picture. She was checking out one of the boys!)

0_1491089703904_juno &mikaela.jpg
    0_1491089804115_juno forum.jpg

• PR Committee

With the move-in of our latest member of the dressage team, I wanted to get a group picture since it doesn't look like we'll have any new arrivals to add this month. Our dressage team is small, and if I'm being honest I only trust one of these horses (can you guess which one?) to not get too excited when put under pressure.

From left to right, Rosewood's Standing Ovation (Oliver) and Liam Hall, Rosewood's Juno (Juno) and Mikaela Carr, and Rosewood's Bullet Time (Bullet) and Maria Brock. Bullet and Maria are also part of the Eventing team, so expect to see them there as well!

0_1491106053407_DRESSAGE TEAM.jpg

"Boss, we've got about five seconds before Oliver's drama queen comes out."
    "Juno's upset she's missing dinner."
    "Should I...y'know get a blue jacket instead?"
    "Would you all shut it so I can take the picture?"

• Firefly is so nice! I think she's my favourite haha :heart:

• PR Committee

@Zinnia-Arvi Thank you! I can't wait to see how she does in shows.

Michael took Ghost out for a run on the cross country track today. And yes, I talked to him about his lack of a helmet. It's a good thing Ghost is a relatively calm mare and Michael doesn't make a habit of doing stupid things.
    0_1491170533913_ghost cc.jpg

"Mike, stop showing off to the camera and pay attention. And where is your helmet??"
    "Sorry, can't hear you over the sound of my awesome!"
    "I hired a four-year-old."

• PR Committee

Gypsies!
    Let's put it this way: I couldn't be happier right now. I've been talking about getting a few Gypsies to breed and compete as a side project, and likely opening up a second stable in the future. Then @Samantha-Lockhart offered me three gypsies, and with my own mare finally arriving at Rosewood, we now have a small herd of these fluffy horses running around. Even better, the ones from Samantha are already competing and doing very well!

First up is my mare, Rosewood's Cressidia. She's a gorgous little blue roan sabino and the sweetest mare in the world. She also happens to be the smallest horse we own at the moment, but that doesn't slow her down.
    0_1491443908619_sera.jpg

Next up, one of the mares from Samantha, Tiptop Nipnop. Yes, I love the name too. It's the name of a winner. Plus, she is homozygous for Tobiano, so our colorful Gypsies will be even more colorful. She already has 7 points in Dressage and will also be competing in Halter.
    0_1491444210977_tiptop.jpg

CNB Forrest Fire, the third and likely not final bay tobiano at Rosewood. He's also competing in Dressage and Halter, with 6 points already. He hasn't quite settled in yet, but our trainers will be working to get him used to his new home.
    0_1491444290258_forrest.jpg

And saving the best for last SiLS Calm Cascade, a stallion who is more than we could ever ask for. He's a palomino sabino who is already titled with 40 points in Dressage. I can't wait to see what else he will accomplish here at Rosewood!
    0_1491444573598_cascade.jpg

• Moderation Committee

I'm glad to see them all go to a good home and get settled in! I hope they all do well in shows for you :smile:

• PR Committee

So it turns out the Gypsies were missing some markings, and holy crap they're even more stunning. So here's the three newcomers again with their lovely complete coats.

0_1491766314932_Screenshot-123.jpg
    0_1491766490874_Screenshot-128.jpg
    0_1491766896471_Screenshot-129.jpg

Cressidia and Tiptop seem to be getting along very well, of course Cressida has always been a calm and friendly little mare so there wasn't going to be any trouble anyway.

0_1491767300087_Screenshot-122.jpg

I haven't introduced this boy yet, but now is a good time. This is Rosewood's Pathfinder, a sooty buckskin tobiano Irish Sport Horse who is showing in Eventing and Dressage. He took a run through the Cross Country course with Maria today and did very well!

1_1491768428133_ryder xc2.jpg
    0_1491768428131_ryder xc.jpg

• PR Committee

Pathfinder huh :sunglasses:

• PR Committee

@Luke-Teth Of course, and his barn name is Ryder because what else would it be? :sunglasses:

• Wow I love the first and third gypsies :heart_eyes:

• Breed Committee

Oh, I didn't know you had Forrest! If you could please change his prefix to Cinnabar's that would be great :slight_smile:

• PR Committee

@Cole-Tieman I've only had him for a few days! I'll get that prefix change in as soon as I can! ^^

• i love them all ^^

• PR Committee

We have a new baby at Rosewood! We recently purchased Andromeda HW from @Johanna-Masters . She will be joining our dressage team when she's old enough, but for now she's hanging out in the pasture with Firefly and Cressidia and bossing them around. Cressidia is very patient with her, we know she'll be a good mom in the future! And Andromeda... she may have won over all of our dressage riders, but right now she's shaping up to be a bit of a troublemaker. We're going to have our hands full! (unposed picture...forgot to add foal poses)

0_1492053203007_Screenshot-26.jpg

• Competition Committee

You have such a wide variety of horses! Andromeda looks like she's loving her new home. I hope she does well with you!

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.