Birkenheim || KLN Mimosa

• alt text

The Birkenheim Gestüt was founded in 1756, near the eastern border of Eastern Prussia. Its main goal was breeding and training horses for the military, working with Königlich Preußisches Hauptgestüt Trakehnen to create the highest quality Trakehners for prussian cavalry. After the World War I Birkenheim's focus shifted from breeding and training to training and competing. Unfortunately, the bad management and decreasing need for horses in general caused the stables to sell more and more animals and close off more and more buildings. In the end, in 1936, Birkenheim ceased to be.

During World War II all the facilities stood forgotten and decaying with no one to take ownership. The bullet holes found on the walls before renovations indicated that there might have been some minor battles in the area, but nothing that the history decided worth mentioning. It was only after the war that the complex was used as a state-owned collective farm, still focusing on horses in general. It state was worsening year after year, and when, in 1991, the state-owned collective farms were closed down and auctioned, some of the buildings had to be demolished as they were at risk of collapse.

That was the state in which Antoni Kilian, long time horse lover, rider and trainer with work experience from many stables, found the Birkenheim upon buying. Even though it wasn't officially called that anymore, many of the locals stuck to that name. Antoni put his money, time and heart into renovating the buildings, on many of which he worked himself. In 1999 first horses were bought and Birkenheim, under official name Stadnina Koni Kilian (eng. Kilian Equestrian Centre) was alive again.

Unfortunately, as it often happens, the luck wasn't long-lived at all. The owner fell sick and couldn't take care of his dream stable anymore. All the horses had to be sold, with the exception of his granddaughter's horse - Malopolski stallion KLN Rembrandt, who was moved as a boarder to other facility. Antoni Kilian passed away in 2014, leaving Birkenheim to Sara and Nadia Kilian, his granddaughters.

Under our ownership, the stable begun as a general english sport stable and warmblood breeding centre. Soon, we shifted our main focus to competing in dressage and promoting polish horse breeds around the world.

alt text

THE TEAM

Name Age Gender Role Discipline Main Horse
    Nadia Kilian 25 Female Co-owner, Rider Eventing KLN Azalea
    Sara Kilian-Dziedzic 27 Female Co-owner, Rider, Trainer Show Jumping KLN Rembrandt
    Daniel Dziedzic 28 Male Rider, Trainer Dressage KLN Olympus
    Dominik Kraski 22 Male Rider Show Jumping PCRA Marshmallow
    Rafał Skrzyński 27 Male Rider Dressage KLN Fanaber
    Malwina Skrzyńska 22 Female Rider, Breeding Supervisor Dressage WPW Hiraeth
    Patryk Dziedzic 5 Male Rider in training --- GE Buttercup

• alt text

TOP 5
    Name Breed Primary Discipline Points Secondary Discipline Points In Total Titles
    PCRA Marshmallow Trakehner Eventing 69 Show Jumping 105 174 Eventing Regional Champion, Show Jumping State Champion
    Silver's MHS Wing and a Prayer Dutch Warmblod (KWPN) Show Jumping 116 n/a n/a 116 Show Jumping State Champion
    KLN Olympus Oldenburg Dressage 40 n/a n/a 40 Dressage Local Champion
    KLN Havana Wielkopolski Show Jumping 32 n/a n/a 34 Show Jumping Local Champion
    KLN Azalea Wielkopolski Eventing 28 n/a n/a 28 Eventing Local Champion

alt text

STALLIONS & GELDINGS
    Name Nickname Breed Age Colour Discipline Rider Titles Stud
    KLN Olympus Ollie Oldenburg 6 Bay Dressage Daniel Dziedzic Local YES
    KLN Rembrandt Remy Malopolski 12 Bay Tobiano Eventing Sara Kilian - NO
    KLN Fanaber Rudy Trakehner 6 Chestnut Dressage Rafał Skrzyński - NO
    WPW Hiraeth Hero British Warmblood 6 Buckskin Dressage Malwina Skrzyńska - NO

alt text

PERFORMANCE MARES
    Name Nickname Breed Age Colour Discipline Rider Titles Breeding
    KLN Havana Havana Wielkopolski 11 Bay Show Jumping Dominik Kraski Local PRIVATE
    KLN Azalea Azalea Wielkopolski 7 Black Eventing Nadia Kilian Local PRIVATE
    PCRA Marshmallow Marshie Trakehner 8 Bay Eventing, Show Jumping Dominik Kraski Regional, State PRIVATE
    Silver's MHS Wing and a Prayer Prayer Dutch Warmblod (KWPN) 9 Grey (Black) Show Jumping Dominik Kraski State PRIVATE
    Sigma's It's Terrible Terry Trakehner 9 Grey (Black) Dressage Malwina Skrzńska - NO
    GE Buttercup Buttons Shetland Pony 8 Chestnut --- Patryk Dziedzic - NO
    FAN Symphonia Symfonia Hanoverian 4 Grey (Bay) Show Jumping Sara Kilian - NO

alt text

BROODMARES
    Name Nickname Breed Age Colour Genotype Discipline Titles Breeding
    KLN Chryzantema Chrissie Trakehner 10 Dark Bay EE AAt Ff -- -- PRIVATE

• alt text

PROGENY

Name Sire Dam Breed Colour Gender Date of Birth Current Owner
    KLN Alagash MSE Wicked Messenger KLN Azalea Wielkopolski Black Filly 31st Oct 2016 STAYED with us
    KLN Charon KLN Fanaber KLN Chryzantema Trakehner Dark Bay Colt 28th Oct 2016 will be sold in Feb/March '17
    KLN Mimosa MSE Lonesome Devil's Brew PCRA Marshmallow Trakehner Bay Filly 1st Nov 2016 will be sold in Feb/March '17

• Love the layout for this! Remy is looking fine in that photo <3 and love the lil foaly at the end :3

• Competition Committee

@Nadia-Kilian ooo there's so much history with your stable! I love it! Also you have a lovely collection of horses, so nice to see more Trakhner breeders out there. I am patiently waiting for this sale!

• alt text

If any of you wondered why there are close to none photo updates from us, here's the reason - I've been busy with building a new, personalised world for Birkenheim that would suit all out needs. Here's a little preview of our first pasture next to the main facility!

• @Nadia-Kilian Looks great so far :)

• Such an aesthetically pleasing layout! Also love your pastures, cant wait to see more :D

• Looks lovely so far :)

• @Kira-Simpson said in Birkenheim || Pasture Preview:

Love the layout for this! Remy is looking fine in that photo <3 and love the lil foaly at the end :3

Thank you :D There might be more of Remy soon :D

@Johanna-Masters said in Birkenheim || Pasture Preview:

@Nadia-Kilian ooo there's so much history with your stable! I love it! Also you have a lovely collection of horses, so nice to see more Trakhner breeders out there. I am patiently waiting for this sale!

Thanks! I'm quite proud of writing it :D! And Trakehners are one of my fav breeds so I couldn't help myself.

@Effie-Phoenix said in Birkenheim || Pasture Preview:

@Nadia-Kilian Looks great so far :)

Thanks!

@Olivia-Yendall said in Birkenheim || Pasture Preview:

Such an aesthetically pleasing layout! Also love your pastures, cant wait to see more :D

Thank you very much! More pastures are coming!

@Constantine-Vale said in Birkenheim || Pasture Preview:

Looks lovely so far :)

Thank you!

• So beautiful! I'm so happy that Marshie found such an amazing home at your equestrian centre <3 Can't wait to see more of her and rest of your team!

• That pasture looks like a dream for any horse :D I'm looking forward to see further updates of your world! Is it a medium or large world map?

• Moderation Committee

Can all my horses come live with you during their vacations? :grin: Like Merida said; that would be a dream for any horse!
    Please show us more when you have some updates?

• beautiful pasture

• It looks so great so far :D Can't wait to see more.

• How did you make the board of the horses ?

• @Kia-Williams said in Birkenheim || Pasture Preview:

So beautiful! I'm so happy that Marshie found such an amazing home at your equestrian centre <3 Can't wait to see more of her and rest of your team!

Thank you <3! She's one of my favourites to be honest :D

@Merida-Dahmer said in Birkenheim || Pasture Preview:

That pasture looks like a dream for any horse :D I'm looking forward to see further updates of your world! Is it a medium or large world map?

Thank you very much! I'm really proud of it myself! I'm building on a medium sized map, as small would be too crowded for my liking and large one just overwhelmed me ;)

@Elin-Fredriksdotter said in Birkenheim || Pasture Preview:

Can all my horses come live with you during their vacations? :grin: Like Merida said; that would be a dream for any horse!
    Please show us more when you have some updates?

I currently am working on more pastures for the riding school and breeding facilities so more screens will probably come as soon as I'm finished with them :D

@Serena-Bass said in Birkenheim || Pasture Preview:

It looks so great so far :D Can't wait to see more.

Cheers <3

@Nina-Ricchi said in Birkenheim || Pasture Preview:

beautiful pasture

@Nina-Ricchi said in Birkenheim || Pasture Preview:

How did you make the board of the horses ?

Thank you! And I believe it was explained here: https://forum.equus.community/topic/166/how-what

• @Nina-Ricchi said in Birkenheim || Pasture Preview:

How did you make the board of the horses ?

Thank you! And I believe it was explained here: https://forum.equus.community/topic/166/how-what
    ok thank you

• SHOW RESULTS

The Åmli Horse Show on the old forum was recently judged. We entered with our whole dressage team (Daniel on KLN Olympus, Rafał on KLN Fanaber and Malwina on both Sigma's It's Terrible and WPW Hiraeth), but to be honest we had high expectations of Malwina and Hero only. Ollie is a Local Champion already, so we can relax a bit, as we know he will be able to make it, Hero is a dressage machine who's absolutely brilliant... But both Fanaber and Terry didn't do so well in any of their previous shows. Honestly, they both were constantly on the last place and our siblings were worried about what will come out of them.

So you can imagine our surprise and delight when both of our black sheep placed 1st in their groups, earning 10 points each and starting a road to their first tiltle with flying colours. Hero also didn't dissapoint - he placed 2nd, earning 8 points.
    Ollie placed 7th, so the more laid back training schedule doesn't seem to do him justice. We will most certainly fix that in the future!

Now, the next competition will be Jump N' Chill Stadium Classic with our girls - KLN Havana, PCRA Marshmallow and Silver's MHS Wing and a Prayer. All the horses will be ridden by Dominik, but Sara will go with him as a trainer and moral support. They will probably take Patryk with them, as the 5-year-old is completely hooked on horses and will enter some shows on his own as soon as we decide he's ready... and find the right mount.

• alt text

ALMOST DONE

As you can see, the world is almost done - as soon as I'm done with the facilities and all that jazz you can expect some photo updates from our new home.

As for the facilities, you can't miss the main centre on the right. It has six stables in total, two covered arenas and 4 outdoor arenas. Apart from that pastures and paddocks for our horses. On the bottom left we have a riding school, our main source of income (just story-wise, not on Equus though. I guess all the money made from it go for the upkeep of the horses and facilities XD). It has two arenas - oudoor and indoor, a roundpen, two smaller paddocks and a large pasture. Uptop left is a breeding centre. We have a broodmare barn, a small barn with two stalls for giving birth and a stable for our youngstock which has 4 large group stalls with doors for the outdoor paddocks. The facility has three (!) pastures for itself.

More photos will come when I finish up with the world.

• Moderation Committee

Woooooah that's amazing :grin: Love the groups of trees and how you've managed to make it feel random and natural! I always struggle with placing trees so that they don't look artifical and "placed" :disappointed_relieved:
    I can't wait to see close ups of the facilities themselves, I bet they're gorgeous! :heart_eyes_cat:

Looks like your connection to EQUUS | Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.